The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk Difficulty - Project Undermine 3

DeMantic

Did it solo with Oberon(balanced build with abit focus on strength but no efficiency) with a Vectis P. I had alot of fun sniping them from cover. And occasionally I had to use my abilities to CC them when they got too close, send out specters for assistance, and fall back to heal. I dealt with the baliffs by drawing them away from their friends and doing a channel block counter to kill them off quickly. Overall, it was pretty fun. A change of pace from regular Exterminate missions in a while.

I'm seeing a mix of feedback, which hints to this mission being unusually balanced. If DE could balance RNG, cheesing loadouts, and some other odds and ends around this mission, Warfare could actually start to become more of the "ninja" game they wanted for it to be.

Edited by Xcedis

I honestly did try it with a few frames,

Ember Prime, even with redirection died immediately to a short burst of fire at even close range also ran out of revives. 

Ash Prime, I actually nearly completed this after using 2 energy restores and carefully planning out the use of bladestorm+teleport but eventually I ran out of lives because a second of being out of cover took out over 600 shield in the time it took me to use bladestorm. I died with 13 enemies left on the map with no revives.

Valkyr cheesed it.

In all honesty this was utterly overboard in terms of the damage which drives most players to simply cheese it with Warframes that are utterly invulnerable, invincible or with extremely high DR. 

I thought the third part of Project Undermine was a nice change of pace. Enemies dealt more damage when they hit. But they were not obscene damage sponges. Made them threatening without making my weapons nigh useless.

On the other hand we are approaching a point where some frames are seriously overpowered. That's not something I say often and I dont necessarily want a Nerf. On the other hand, for those who choose to use New Valky/Excalibur for everything, dont complain; you know its going to be easy to run Level 30-40 stuff when you choose a frame balanced for Level 80 Endless Missions. 

See also: Endless missions and non-capped enemies are killing the game slowly, by degrees.

But this mission: Yeah, it was nice. Has me running high level Exterminate and Mobile defense with good weapons but not pitch perfect or ideal frames to try and mimic the experience.

What bothered me was that every unit but the lancer was a pushover. The only unit whatsoever that posed any danger was the lancer. Lancers are supposed to be the main force of the Grineer military -- why are they more powerful than the units that are meant to be powerful?