Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jordas Golem In The Jordas Precipt Mission Is Too Difficult.

Oh yeah man. I'm with you. Idk if Golem boss node is easier than the quest or not- but I sure hope so. I REFUSED to accept that it's solo-able. I don't even care if someone provides proof. MAYBE if you have a ludicrous amount of time and effort put into potatoing, formaing, and max modding all your best archwing gear- and restores to boot.

After finally exhausting almost all of my 40 some health, shield, and energy restores running it in a mission where my squad mate essentially did nothing but distract all of the scrub mobs (Big thx to SteelDrake, those things were the issue with soloing it.)- and a LOT of time later- I finally beat it and rage quit the game for the day. Been a long time since something made me do that.

The fight had all the mechanics a good boss fight needs, something to make it memorable, special, worthwhile, and fun. BUT, it SERIOUSLY needs some way for you to be able to temporarily stop or reduce in the influx of scrub mobs (eg taking the time to blow something like a doorway up, that would naturally fix itself over time to allow them to spawn again). Now that I think about it, perhaps pherliac pods would have helped had I thrown them down, but considering the amount of time needed, I would have run out VERY quickly.

Another complaint I have is the sheer amount of "No aim" / AoE / Tracking attacks. Namely his electric balls being the big annoyance. The fire blast's damage was basically a guaranteed kill on anything it hit unless they had restores, but it is pretty easily avoided if you're paying attention so I think it's fine. My final complaint would be lack of visibility keeping me from being able to keep track of enemies all around me. DE did a good job this update of improving visibility in archwing (seriously great job overall DE, archwing is very very fun now), and I am big on flying games that require me to keep tabs on everything around in in a 360* sphere; and I STILL had issues with it. Idk what can be done, but I'm sure DE can think of something.

itzal

blink

This is essentially how I finally won; hit and run with blink, burning tons of energy restores. and some health restores when I got hit. That being said, players should not HAVE to equip/use one specific thing to be able to beat something. Especially when that something only uses gear that is a really big pain in the butt to acquire.

This is essentially how I finally won; hit and run with blink, burning tons of energy restores. and some health restores when I got hit. That being said, players should not HAVE to equip/use one specific thing to be able to beat something. Especially when that something only uses gear that is a really big pain in the butt to acquire.

The entire thing is a mess first you are at the mercy of RNG  to get the BP drop then again you need 3 argon crystals and at the end you face a glitched AW boss.....Not 1 failure not 2 but 3 failures.......awesome just awesome.  

Honestly, I find the fight quite easy, a properly modded Grattler with a buff from Odonatas Energy Shell ability takes him out it two mags (dealing between 4000 and 6000 damage per shot) without any corrosive projections.

Edited by The-Storm

Fully charged Velocitus is able to kill it in a few hits (no forma)

This seemed to be a bug. Me and the aforementioned clan mate took velocitus in and while he had half the damage or less of mine we both saw 85k crits yet I only saw this once in all of the runs from the aforementioned day of playing and video linked.

It was the last run of the day iirc

The golem and the surrounding mobs are very easy to predict and defend against. There are only a few things you have to do and consider:

-Stay around the side or back of the golem to get a clear shot of the back engine at a fair distance away (far enough to see the sides in case there are mobs or attacks)

-There are only three attacks you have to worry about from the golem as long as you are around the back or side:

-The two lightning balls it creates when it slams its tentacles in front of it

-The fire blast it creates when it slams the tentacles in front of it

-The fire blast from its fire engine

-To literally tank anything, spam shift when you see an attack coming your way. Electric balls? Spam shift. Flame blast? Spam shift.

-Generally, when you follow the golem as it moves to the other side of the map, the mobs chasing you are left behind, giving you time to shoot at the engine.

-If for whatever reason the mobs have caught up to you and the golem still hasn't moved, move around (or even kill them with melee) until the golem moves.

I have practically solo'd (after my other 3 teammates died very early on in the fight) the golem at 80% HP with a Lv. 7 Itzal and a crap Lv. 30 no potato Imperator that does 10-30 dmg per shot. Would not recommend attempting this with a weak weapon since the whole fight took about 30-45 minutes for me to finish.

Edited by Vaizis

Fluctus doesn't work because it deals full damage to the main body instead of the weakspot (trait share with AoE weapons against Lephantis)

Try Corrosive+Cold crit build Grattler, since has has Ferrite armor and Infested Sinew. Easily soloed his a$$ (literally jajajajajaja).

If you don't have Itzal, you can use the new Afterburn feature to keep up with him. Hope it helps :3