The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Snipetron A Joke?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Edit: While this is not satire, I put this in general discussion and not feedback for a reason.

Consoles finally got a chance to grab the Snipetron BP (I kinda wish DE would let some things remain sacred but that's another thread) and the weapon's stats are terrible confusing. It has 125 damage mostly in puncture, which is nice, but only 10% status, 20% crit chance, and a 1.5x multiplier. It's 13.3 accuracy worried me, but that seems like a typo in the arsenal.

So it's not good enough for a status build, it's crit stats aren't high enough to sacrifice 2 mod slots for a crit build, and it's straight damage is rather low for a sniper. When I saw these weird stats I thought "not endgame, but not just mastery fodder". Then I tried to use the thing and discovered what I missed in the arsenal, the Snipetron has only 4 shots in it's mag and a whopping 3.5 second reload. That's just silly.

The stats on this thing are bad enough, but 3.5 seconds to reload 4 shots makes this one of the worse weapons I have used. I really don't know if this is because the Snipetron was only around for a little bit in the beginning of Warframe or if this is some devs having a little fun at our expense. With a name like Snipetron and it's laughable stats, if this is a joke at our expense I say job well done.

TL;DR: The stats on this weapon coupled with it's name makes me feel like this was intended as a joke. Either way don't change it because it makes me smile whenever I see it in my arsenal.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

Well DE chalks up most of the early names for things to Scott. He came up with names like "Slash Dash" in the beginning, so yeah. I'd say blame Scott.

I didn't actually get a chance to use the Snipetron when it was still around in the market so I don't know if they changed anything around or not.

It's an average weapon that was replaced by the lanka. However people were complaining about not getting a chance at these weapons from closed beta. Honestly it really doesn't matter however a different skin and stats would've been nice to seperate it from the lanka.

Edited by Postal_pat

Back when you could get it for fifty thousand, it was the only sniper around that you could use before the others came around whatever update it was. It also had a bonus against the grineer and it had the armor piercing damage type which, when looked at the wiki, added the damage to the shot that would ignore the armor.

Edit: to the commenter above me, it was available after the closed beta went to open beta. It was suddenly removed in one of the updates when damage 1.0 was still in use. I joined when warframe first went to open beta, and it was still on the market. The only weapons that the closed beta people got was I think lato and braton vandal. Though I still wish I could set an enemy on fire and freeze him at the same time.

Edited by Dewsitine

Snipetron was a controversy weapon since it was a Corpus sniper rifle that shot bullets. DE removed the weapon and later on added the Lanka as a replacement and with charged shot.

As Xalev said, the weapon was never ment to be rebalanced or worked on again so DE just uses it as a mastery and legacy collection gift for players every now and then. The game had no "Status Chance" at that time so having 10% is significant for a weapon of its age.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

There was a time when Snipetron was the only proper sniper in the game. It's probably still using the stats it had at the time it was removed, when it was actually not that bad. We just have better now.

It's the same for every weapon out there too. There aren't really that much 'bad' weapons as we think, IMO. They're just simply outdated since better weapons get released after it.

We've been telling you it's a S#&$ rifle and people couldn't stop whining how they wanted this box junk

Now you've got it, don't complain.

I love how you didn't bother reading the first sentence of op. That's exactly the opposite he said.

But yeah, snipetron's basically there for Mr fodder.