The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Snipetron A Joke?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Consoles finally got a chance to grab the Snipetron BP (I kinda wish DE would let some things remain sacred but that's another thread) and the weapon's stats are terrible confusing.

I love how you didn't bother reading the first sentence of op. That's exactly the opposite he said.

But yeah, snipetron's basically there for Mr fodder.

Sure I did. I was telling to the entire crowd.

People kept saying they absolutely had to have it... but apparently didn't read the stats from the wiki or anything to understand that it isn't a good weapon, and hasn't been since Damage 2.0. 

I'm not sure people still get it: Snipetron is a terrible weapon and will never be great. It's been dead in the water for a very long time.

And complain how snipetron vandal is yet another garbage gun

Well...the Vandal version is actually good? I tested it on warframe builder and it has the same stats of the Vectis Prime, but it has 2 more bullets per mag. So in my opinion it is good. At least for my build.

it was one of the first snipers that came out and was pulled do to the lack of people using it. Also its damage is terrible at the time there was sopost to be a rework but apparently it have not happened yet. So maybe re-releasing it means there going to be a sniper update? just like the shotguns got a update after 4 week of new shotguns that came out and it turned out ok.

It's the same for every weapon out there too. There aren't really that much 'bad' weapons as we think, IMO. They're just simply outdated since better weapons get released after it.

With the obvious exception of Ignis. It's always been bad.

But most weapons are at the very least decent. Just the Warframe community often complains about weapons being weak because they can't one-shot a boss or higher level enemies with them.

As has been said at this point, the Snipetron is basically a collectible relic at this point.  It's definitely not a weapon you use to pick off individuals--where it shines is when you capitalize its punch-through to take down multiple enemies per shot...  And if you're doing that you're far better off with the Lanka.

yea i got it and a lot of old players always hype it... didnt even fully level it and im just like "meh, ill just use my lanka"

Side note why did they reuse the snipetron model for the lanka? seems lazy even though the snipetron model makes more sense on the lanka.

Edited by Dillon_J

yea i got it and a lot of old players always hype it... didnt even fully level it and im just like "meh, ill just use my lanka"

Side note why did they reuse the snipetron model for the lanka? seems lazy even though the snipetron model makes more sense on the lanka.

Because the Lanka is the fixed Snipetron

That's why Snipetron was taken out

Its from a time where it was a straight up upgrade from your branton, and it was amazing when you found out you could hit things through walls and one shot them.

This was when vor ran around in red pajamas, and tenno sat atop the solar system.

Back then warframe didn't scale soo high. we had our levels condensed, so a level 200 grineer preupdate 10 is really like a level 60 now. The game evolved snipetron didn't. On a sidenote the snipetron is fun line up, zoom, shoot, and reload. I don't know about you but this gun puts a smile on my face.