The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stances Need To Be More Descriptive

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Stance mod descriptions say almost nothing about what the stance does/changes. A couple examples vv

Crimson Dervish's description is "strong whirlwind attacks". Without reading the wiki (something you should never HAVE to do in a well made game) how would you know that each attack's damage is increased by 200%?

Gnashing Payara: "lunging punctures and impaling spirals". Again, without referring to the wiki how are you supposed to know that this stance adds attacks per swing?

Tempo royal: "sweeping stikes and twisting slashes" This says almost nothing about the stance (which doubles the damage of many strikes).

The stance description, or lack there of, hides what makes the stance unique and the related weapon's true potential (I would never even think of using the Fang Prime if I didn't know about it's stance nor would I guess that the Dakra Prime is one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game).

TL;DR:Since we can't fit all of the info on the mod card, I suggest adding the data when we look at the combos in the arsenal the same way it's displayed in the wiki.

14xdm4h.jpg

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

I agree that a lot of stat related info is not in-game.

Even if you look at Normal Warframe powers, the descriptions do not tell you how the abilities actually function.

Chroma is great example of "flying blind" if you only look at Power descriptions in-game.

Another is something like Paralysis, the damage calculation is:

(Current Shield Value)/2 multiplied by 3.5(Power strength)

Also 1/3 of Current Shields will be depleted.

None of that info is listed in-game. Nor does it tell players enemies melee'd without triggering finishers animation receive 400% Stealth Melee multiplier.

While it would be nice to have this info in-game.....I think it would be better to have a wiki link or Official [DE] stat/info/description link even if it was something like a Forum Thread where DE listed individual mechanics applied.

Having DE code all these items into the game abd how they are adjusted with every slight update or balance change would be effort that could have been put elsewhere.

Even just looking at Stances: not even the wiki states the animation speed adjustment of certain stance combos.

With same attack speed build:

Kogake with Grim Fury attacks faster than Kogale with Brutal Tide

Pointed Wind vs Homing Fang was another example....until enough players compkained about Pointed Wind's attack speed and the aninations were speed up. (Some removed)*

Since this is an on-line game....meaning players have access to internet.

I think it is fine for players to reference wiki for Stance/stat specifics.

I agree that a lot of stat related info is not in-game.Even if you look at Normal Warframe powers, the descriptions do not tell you how the abilities actually function.Chroma is great example of "flying blind" if you only look at Power descriptions in-game.Another is something like Paralysis, the damage calculation is:(Current Shield Value)/2 multiplied by 3.5(Power strength)Also 1/3 of Current Shields will be depleted.None of that info is listed in-game. Nor does it tell players enemies melee'd without triggering finishers animation receive 400% Stealth Melee multiplier.While it would be nice to have this info in-game.....I think it would be better to have a wiki link or Official [DE] stat/info/description link even if it was something like a Forum Thread where DE listed individual mechanics applied.Having DE code all these items into the game abd how they are adjusted with every slight update or balance change would be effort that could have been put elsewhere.Even just looking at Stances: not even the wiki states the animation speed adjustment of certain stance combos.With same attack speed build:Kogake with Grim Fury attacks faster than Kogale with Brutal TidePointed Wind vs Homing Fang was another example....until enough players compkained about Pointed Wind's attack speed and the aninations were speed up. (Some removed)*Since this is an on-line game....meaning players have access to internet.I think it is fine for players to reference wiki for Stance/stat specifics.

You're right about the abilities and attack speeds. I almost used the Ack and Brunt as an example of how its stance practically triples the attack speed, but wanted to stick to problems I had "solutions" to. I don't think it would be too time/resource intensive to update the combo screen to show more info, but can definitely see where you're coming from and a link to the wiki or a designated thread would be better than what we have now.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517