Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cpt.Cojonu

Challenges/achievements Data Reset

Ive been playing warframe on PC for 2 years and then some (Valkyr update maybe?). In that time, you can imagine how many hacks i have done and how many people i have revived. But guess what? In those 2 and something years, steam achievements have inexplicably RESET themselves more than 4 times already, bringing me from 4/5s of the way, back to 0. Ive been holding off about the subject but i kinda want to get those 2 achievements already. And the same thing happens with the new achievements that are in the game but not on steam so i imagine its a problem with the game and not steam itself. I have all the warframes and youre telling me i dont have the boss achievements for each planet? Come on ive done those a million times even after the achievements came out. Any idea why this might be happening or if theres any solution at all?

Yeah i play since CB and use Steam since it got released on Steam till this date i didn't got the heal or hack achievment and im missing a few others in steam because Steam was not running when i completed them ingame (not to mention that quiet a few ingame achievments are missing in steam)

You really shouldn't care that much about Steam Achievements, they're so outdated. I myself only really care about the in-game Challenges, which are pretty much the same thing, only better working, up-to-date, and there's more of them.

You really shouldn't care that much about Steam Achievements, they're so outdated. I myself only really care about the in-game Challenges, which are pretty much the same thing, only better working, up-to-date, and there's more of them.

The in-game challenges are the ones that keep resetting. The Steam achievements just follow those.

For example (old screenshot of mine):

9HeOt01.png

The statistics on my in-game profile show I had done over 1k revives but because of random challenge progress resets I am nowhere near to completing the in-game challenge.

What do you get after you unlock those achievements? Is it cool looking in-game items?

You don't get anything.

i got this problem too, I was with 900+ revives and it reset... and i started over... when I got about 500 revives it reset again.

very annoying. also I have 150 achievements on warframe and only 41 on steam.

I send a ticket 2 weeks ago and still no reply.

Thats the Problem, the Ingame achievments reset themselfs too

The in-game challenges are the ones that keep resetting. The Steam achievements just follow those.

Thats the Problem, the Ingame achievments reset themselfs too

Welp... That's a problem, then...

guess it just wasn't me huh... been playing this for 2 to 3 years or so now everything reset on my challenge page..so basically all that hours spent and hardwork just gone..poof.

Doing challenges in conclave sometimes stop counting mid-game. Painful when doing some of these focused ones and they just stop counting for no reason.

Right now I was doing Focused Void Painter but there was only one other person in the game. Got to 3 kills but the 4th one never counted. Missed out on 6k rep.

Yeah, and sometimes it doesn't even count at all. There was a capture 3 cephalons in 1 match challenge on, and it wasn't even counting my captures.

So if they doing give any ingame items whats the point in worrying about them?

some of us actually like getting achievements :/ plus steam gives you badges for completing a games achievements if im not mistaken so yeah theres rewards

some of us actually like getting achievements :/ plus steam gives you badges for completing a games achievements if im not mistaken so yeah theres rewards

I would be all for them to implement achievements that give you in-game items rewards can be as simple as rare cores to cosmetic items based off of difficulty. Those steam badges are if you collect a full set of cards,I think you can collect a total of 5 sets of them for a complete badge. But how to get those cards is to buy them off of the community market and from buying platinum/prime access with your steam wallet. Even if you get all achievements on a game through steam you get nothing for it.

Also keep in mind that it is impossible to get completion for warframe until we have a way to get all 30 Master Ranks or for these achievement get removed. My opinion is that it will continue to not be important until these achievement become more like challenges with small rewards. Also I want them to be hard not just play alot and everything unlocks.

My progress on these two challenges just reset (again) as these two screenshots will show you. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527801514

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527801440

As a fix may I suggest using the value from the players stats rather than tracking the challenge count with some variable which arbitrary resets itself.

Here are also screenshots of my stats related to these challenges.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527801476

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527801410

This should be an easy fix, right?

UPDATE:

The reset happened during Derelict Defense Mission (or at least that's when I noticed). When I revived a teammate a window popped up (same as the side mission window "example: kill enemy while sliding" ) telling me I have revived 1 out of 1000 players needed for the challenge. The previous, current and next mission was also Derelict Defense hosted by a random player from the recruitment chat. Cryptographer also reset in the same mission.

A patch MAY have been released during that playsession how ever I did not updated at least after a few more runs.

Also the screen shots were posted on October 1st at 3:57pm UTC +1. Check an hour or 2 max before if there was any hotfix in that time.

yup.. still waiting for them to finally fix it. Cryptographer reset for me at ~900 ciphers solved... again.

After this reset, I'm set up to have 3000 revives, 2000 ciphers solved, and not have the achievements. A fix would be quite appreciated.

God, STILL? I managed to finish Cryptographer after Spy 2.0 came out while I was learning all the different vaults, I thought they'd fixed it...