Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Challenges/achievements Data Reset

Cpt.Cojonu

I really wish that they would fix this.

I mean, even steam is tracking it better as I have the steam achievement for "Cheater of Death" and yet the game is back to 1/1000 right after I was back to just above 800 again.

They should have been using the profile stats for this as soon as they implemented those stats.

This issue has been around for ages - one of our programmers was looking at it very recently but we're hoping people can provide more information for us to solve. 

If anyone can please provide details on any other notable factors when the achievement resets - any detail could be relevant. Host/Client? Solo? Etc.

Please let us know.

-snip-

Kinda being a smartass here, but since profile stats are tracking those properly (I have over 1000 on both when I look at my stats) isn't it possible to just get the data for the achievement from there?

Said programmer probably facepalmed at my stupidity now, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

EDIT:

Did not read posts above, nevermind I guess lol

Edited by Shifted

This issue has been around for ages - one of our programmers was looking at it very recently but we're hoping people can provide more information for us to solve. 

If anyone can please provide details on any other notable factors when the achievement resets - any detail could be relevant. Host/Client? Solo? Etc.

Please let us know.

I have about 1200+ revives.  The counter first reset when the Liset became a thing.  Now, every few updates after a revive, it will reset and pop-up in-game saying 1/1000 revives!

Please let us know.

Ouch, it may be harder than you think!

In my experience it's been resetting since the very beginning, both host and client(don't think "solo" is an option for revives :D).

What I experienced is:

- Counter goes to 1000, then 1001 resets it to 1/1000

- Counter goes to 800-900, then it resets

- Counter just doesn't increase

- Counter is reset after a major update

Edited by siralextraffo

Please let us know.

Whenever there is an update.

Please let us know.

The achievement seems to reset most often right after the larger updates hit, generally the major release numbers, EG U17, though sometimes with the incremental releases depending on whats changing.

And being client or host doesn't matter.

I noticed that it reset this last time because I was the host and was reviving a friend and it said "Cheater of death 1/1000" at the bottom.

Next time he went down in the mission it said "Cheater of death 1/1000" again, and repeated this again the last time he went down in the mission.

Just as a naive outside look it seems that the number is stored in some file that gets overwritten and reset to its default value of 0 when some update hits and then the game picks up that freshly overwritten value and pushes it to your accounts achievement progress.

Please let us know.

I noticed the reset while doing an archwing mission after having not played arching in quite a whille. I believe I was a client. The issue of revives showing as 1/1000 persisted for a few missions, before it finally started counting up (I was still doing archwing, so I doubt that's related). However, it's also worth noting that said missions were played back around the slew of server issues a little while back. Past resets seemed to be at times around major updates, though it had been quite a while since the last reset before this most recent one, to the point I had high hopes that I'd finally get them.

I also noticed when looking in my achievements, that it's actually not just these two that reset, it's ALL achievements (namely noticed shield saver also reset, which I had never gotten around to finishing off), these two just take so long to get that it goes unnoticed. This agrees with something I had noticed in the past, where the progress bar on the weapon mastery achievements would reset, though it would correct itself entirely once further progress on it was made, leaving it unaffected, aside from a minor display bug.

Notably, the fact about progress completely failing to save (period where every revive/hack shows as 1/1000) for a short time period has happened every time. It also tends to happen to large amounts of people at around the same time. This, and the fact that the most recent reset coincided with frequent server problems makes me suspect that the problem is server-side (or at least client-server-interaction related), rather than client-side.

Edited by Tails-san

It mostly happen after update, but not only major ones. The last time I got it was the 25th August this year (made a topic, this is the only reason why I know the date ^^'), 1 day after the hotfix 17.2.3, and I play every day.

If you can I think it is worth looking what was change around that days.

Please let us know.

After a hotfix, invariably.

Note that the Profile still tracks revive count correctly, but this does not seem to matter for the challenge/achievement.

Okay - strong pattern here.

If anyone is able - please keep an eye out for this issue appearing after 17.5 deployment.

If you are affected, did the achievement counter become 0 right after the Update (check your Challenges in your Landing Craft/Liset), or did playing a mission start the reset?

Thanks.

Ouch, it may be harder than you think!

In my experience it's been resetting since the very beginning, both host and client(don't think "solo" is an option for revives :D).

What I experienced is:

- Counter goes to 1000, then 1001 resets it to 1/1000

- Counter goes to 800-900, then it resets

- Counter just doesn't increase

- Counter is reset after a major update

I confirm this.

And I recently spotted another issue. I (foolishly) optimize the game with NVIDIA GeForce Experience. It resets some options : HUD, key mapping, consumables equipped and of course the challenge progression. Non-exhaustive list.

I have this issue only with Warframe.

Edited by Hedasker

My cheater of death got reset after the last big update, i'll be watching it this time. I'm getting tired of trying to finish that one.

No changes after the update or any of the patches so far. My stats say I have 742 revives and the achievement says 64/1000... can we get a fix based on the correct stat that's already there, just a few tabs over?

Edited by War-Zone