Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did The Vaykor Marelok Get Nerfed?

Noteybook

I use my Marelok fairly often, as it's a great side weapon for void missions(delicious crits and that hp-regen from Meridian) and after patch 17.5 I started using it and noticing it felt a lot weaker then previously. I mean, I'd been able to take it on T4's no problem, but now it won't even do well on Sechura.

I don't have any stats because I don't keep a super track on that stuff, but it definitely feels a lot weaker. Anyone else notice this?

results:  same damage on bodyshots

hRUsxG1.jpg

about same/better TTK/ number of shots 

Edit: on headshots - same damage, exactly same bleed proc (easier to tell since armor ignore).

Old test is from  September 01

Nothing changed.

Edited by Monolake

It seems to be also with the pyrana.

I haven't tried out other secondaries but I'm wondering if I should now. 

ninja nerf?

That was my first thought. I mean, I saw the numbers, and I just couldn't believe it. This thing could be taken on a t4 survival on its own and suddenly it takes two mag dumps to kill an Ancient on Sechura?

Extinguished key maybe? Will have to test today

Nope, no key. That reminds me, I should run vaults again. Been months since I did that.

Edited by Noteybook

results:  same damage on bodyshots

hRUsxG1.jpg

about same/better TTK/ number of shots 

Edit: on headshots - same damage, exactly same bleed proc (easier to tell since armor ignore).

Old test is from  September 01

Nothing changed.

I don't doubt your numbers. Maybe it's just me, but it just felt weaker and I was having a lot of trouble killing enemies that previously were easy for it to handle. I really appreciate you testing this though.

I don't doubt your numbers. Maybe it's just me, but it just felt weaker and I was having a lot of trouble killing enemies that previously were easy for it to handle. I really appreciate you testing this though.

Host/client bug? there was a time when crits were weaker on clients

Any debuffs?  puncture proc reduces your damage, or could be healer ancients giving surrounding units 90% resistance, and some eximus types having extra resistances.

Edited by Monolake

Host/client bug? there was a time when crits were weaker on clients

Any debuffs?  puncture proc reduces your damage, or could be healer ancients giving surrounding units 90% resistance, and some eximus types having extra resistances.

It could have been a bug, can't outrule that. I was playing on Sechura, but I made sure to kill any eximus or healers and then try the Marelok, but it still felt weak. The only reason I started the thread is I had a few friends of mine have the same issue, where it felt like it wasn't dealing the damage it usually did..