Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.5.5

DE_Adam

" Fixed players being able to use weapons while spamming Atlas’ Landslide."

You call this a fix? Whats wrong with you? Its bad enough that it has little utitlity unless you are aiming at an enemy, making it a basically gimped slash dash utitlity wise.

"Fixed a Atlas’ Petrify having an unusual effect on the Eximus ice shield as per:"

Good god are you guys just trying to kill all the fun little touches about Atlas?

Edited by UrielColtan

Still no fix for Electric Shield not giving bonuses to hitscan weapons with punch through : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/536676-volts-electric-shield-not-giving-bonuses-anymore/

I noticed this bug too after update 17.4.2 and today i found out something really interesting. Electric shield seems to work just fine with weapons that are:

a) projectile based (any bow, boltor, ballistica, hikou etc.)
b) pure elemental (gammacor, amprex)

But wait ! that's not all ! Electric shield still works with normal weapons too but to make it so You have to remove any punchthrough mod on Your weapons. 

Two images showing soma prime vs. lvl 20 corrupted heavy gunner both with and without Shred mod:

http://imgur.com/83D7Aby&dTm7cle

Archwing bugs:

- Archwing Mobile Defense on Earth suffers from a lack of enemies. I defended the first and last targets without fighting almost any enemies at all.

- Archwing Defense on Neptune had no voiceover from Lotus on spawn. She only explained about the shuttles when I found them. One of the shuttles was destroyed during the mission but the model was still intact. The enemies don't show up on the minimap anymore, which makes it very hard to tell where they are in this particular mission.

Still No Fix For 

*Banshee's Silence makes enemies target sentinel aggressively, destroying it easily 

*Enemies standing up in vortex, in some cases long enough for them to fire their weapon 

*Syndicate effects that boost shield taking away the effects of cold hazard tilesets (instead of having halved shields, when it procs you will have full shields for the rest of the mission) 

*Carrier will hover pickups in your face even if you don't need them: occurs more often with nova prime and loki prime. This includes energy orbs, and you will permanently hear the energy pickup sound until you use a power to use the energy in your face. 

*Repost Before 120 Secs In Trading, Timer Resets To 120 Secs 

*Banshee's Silence prevents Maggots from latching onto the player 

*Game refuses to let the player use a mod that is on their sentinel, even if the mod is not currently being used on their current sentinel weapon config. (it will claim both mods are being used by your sentinel at the same time which is impossible) 

*Clicking "copy warframe" colors bugged on weapons, will default to weapon color defaults instead of warframe colors. will also let players use colors they don't own on attachments https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/524527-severe-color-exploit-bug-along-with-default-colors-issue/ 

*Clem doesn't benefit from Shield Osprey Specters (he will get shield but his health will be damaged directly) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/529312-clem-doesnt-benefit-from-shield-specters/

*Sentinels still don't gain bonus shield from Shield Osprey Specters

*Attaching a Reactor, Catalyst, Forma, or Exilus Adapter to an item will erase any mods or colors you added to your warframe, weapon, or sentinel if done in the same menu (bug for over 2 years). Example: you swap out vitality for redirection on your frost, then go to your hind and apply a forma, when you go to your frost the vitality mod is back on as if you never swapped it out. (this can be avoided by getting out of the arsenal BEFORE applying a forma)

*Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm causes serious lag problems, often disconnecting clients at it's worst. 

*Casting Freeze Force on specters or non-player allies will cause the player to be damaged by Freeze when mounting Ramparts.... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/532674-casting-freeze-force-on-allies-causes-harm-to-player/

*Dead allies' bodies still attract enemies, diverting spawns https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/530570-ai-spawns-and-dead-tenno/

STILL no fix for Halikar, ever since it's RELEASE powerthrow haven't worked on it. The explosions deal no damage.

It also doesn't deal the promised charge damage and the aiming is very glitchy.

Please DE, you can't just dump out a broken mess like that and leave it for OVER A YEAR.

Hellooo ! Remove lobster tail from trinity :D! listen to the comunity, nobody likes it..

I do! Leave Trinity Alone! >:(

I think My Little Trinity is pretty. Stop saying bad things about her... T_T

Meh he'll live.

Beside he can always get a squad to carry him trough like one time before.

Can't be carried if you don't own an Archwing. You can't even join the mission if you don't own one. So it IS locked behind Archwing.

Edited by SoanoS

Now, due to the long time having these problems, it forces me to do this kind of a massive post consider that people dont really click on links.

Now what am i talking about? Stealth and Ai systems. Now, as new and amazingly fun Warframe is, it has, a very pathetic Stealth and Ai system, filled with bugs, gltiches, House Goblins and co-workers on pills.

The post includes a wide array of explainations of what is wrong with the Stealth and Ai systems, and some includes animated gifts to demonstrate the gltiches in action, with my own explaination based on my expereince with the game programming's clumsy way of handling things.

So lets get started sall we?

The list is as of follows.

1: Enemies will at random, know your existance without the need to see, hear or notice you. This is often prominent

when you leave enemies behind when trying to be stealthy.

2: Enemy Ai is broken to the point that, you may think Gearbox Software made the Ai for the game, wich

is demonstrated here in this gif

All enemies that gets to a designated Ai Node will sometimes have this problem.

The reason for this from what i can understand, is that the Ai Node is a narrow object. This causes the Enemy Ai to

spin aroudn the Node as it tries to aim for it, wich casues this majestic dance.

anvIyYp.gif

YUBEzZh.gif

crQWx2n.gif

3: When an enemy is being moved via ingame-code (So that players dont have to run back to get the enemy during

extermination or similar missions), the way the code works is broken and can cause all enemies to know where you are and know that you exist. This is also presented in the same way when an enemy can sometimes disapear out of nowhere infront of you (This happens when an enemy jumps to a platform. Not 100% of the time, but it can happen.).

4: When group of enemies are close togheter and stands on a designated Ai Node, they will get stuck in one another

to the point where they start spinning around with paused animations. This is very problematic for the stealth players that tend to play the mission without killing anyone (non exterminate missions). Here is a gif demonstrating this

The reason for this is that, there is already an enemy unit taking the space of the Ai node, and the surounding enemy units gets

confused of why they cant stand on it, wich causes this glitch to happen.This is shown in the gif that one enemy unit is in the

middle, possibly on the Ai Node, while the rest dont know waht to do.

By9CMLT.gif

5: At some points, an enemy in the next room might suspect that someone is nearby and will go into cover, while his/her

comrades ignores this. (Same as before, they dont have to know that you exist or have seen or heard you).

6: Enemies that sees their allies die infront of them with a silent weapon will sometimes just stand there and

stare at their dead bodies and carry on with the patroling. A real guard would be suspicious and alert

his allies of a potentional threat.

7: Syndicate allies have no repsect for silence and stealth, and those that are put behind on hold will kill enemies that spawn near them (since a player is not presented in that room, enemy units will spawn in there with the allies since the syndicate allies arent marked as player units). I have done multiple tests, including Spy and Deception and Rescue.

Most of the time, DE tells players to ''just tell the allies to stay put'', but they underestimate their game's glitchy system.

When they stay put, they will engage any enemy that spawns near them and any enemy that you find further into the mission will be alerted to it, even if they technicly cant hear it.

8: While this isnt an Ai problem per say, this one is still anoying and can be abused.

If you snipe an enemy from a very far distance, such as in the Grineer Asteroid base r other large areas,

An enemy will respawn directly and will spawn in your line of sight. Continue killing the spawned enemy, and another

one will take its place. This was supposed to be fixed since 17.2.3, but apparerntly, it wasnt.

RvUOk2q.gif

9: Sometimes, The enemies doesnt know how to use cover correctly, and will stay in cover regardless where

you are. Thanks Handstamp for the screenshot.

fpSsNlq.png

10: Another thing regarding syndicates. Their weapons, may it be their primary or secondary,have this radial

explosion that causes damage to everyone around you. Now, this is fine during open combat and for players

that seek carnage, but for stealth, its bad, really bad. On high end missions, the radial blast

doesnt kill the targets around you, but damages them and alerts them.

Having the option to manualy activate the blast sould be adequate, or give the silent

syndicate weapons a different effect that is not a nuke. 

(The syndicate proc effect is currently being worked on to fix the stealth issue acording to Devstream 60)

I hope that the post gives alot of informative feedback on the subject. If you got any questions, please do ask them.

Edited by Cebius