Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About Warframe "genders" Idea?

-Ozymandias-

Wasn't it stated LOOONG ago that we are suposed to be like "energy"(?) or something and we just "change clothes" (warframes)?

After over 2 years so many ppl still think there is a hot chick behind ember's armor. (no pun intented)

If anything, Tenno are hermaphrodite beings, right?

There are not 20+ different warframes in our ships waiting for you to call 'em to action, warframes are LITERALLY armor.

We've known about Warframes being interchangeable for awhile now.  But for the most part, DE has been reluctant to actually divulge any information about what the Tenno are or even look like. 

EDIT:  

Inb4Morec0

Edited by Noamuth

Wasn't it stated LOOONG ago that we are suposed to be like "energy"(?) or something and we just "change clothes" (warframes)?

After over 2 years so many ppl still think there is a hot chick behind ember's armor. (no pun intented)

There are not 20+ different warframes in our ships waiting for you to call 'em to action, warframes are LITERALLY armor.

In no part of Official lore does it ever imply that Tenno are energy beings. Tenno are physical humans(or humanoids at least) that had been horrifically deformed, mutated, scarred and changed by the stuff from the Void.

In no part of Official lore does it ever imply that Tenno are energy beings. Tenno are physical humans(or humanoids at least) that had been horrifically deformed, mutated, scarred and changed by the stuff from the Void.

Not by lore.

But it was stated by DE long ago.

That is why you go find other warframe parts, build them and then WEAR them.

Not by lore.

Yes. By lore. Things that are said by Vor, for example, are metaphors. Vor is what I call traditional. He seeks knowledge and is wise on how the Tenno even exist. Even more so, the obvious foreshadowing themes he speaks of when you fight him in T4 missions. How he speaks almost like some religious zealot only shows how he understands more about what's out there. While Corpus sit and swim in their little puddles of useless money, Grineer pillage and destroy and conquer for the sake of conquest, and Tenno do what they do best, Vor knows about the nasty things that happened. He knows the truth behind the Orokin, how the Tenno are made. "Corruption", that is what Tenno are. Twisted and wretched abominations with powers of a god. This is all a small example, though I would love to discuss more should you wish.

Yes. By lore. Things that are said by Vor, for example, are metaphors. Vor is what I call traditional. He seeks knowledge and is wise on how the Tenno even exist. Even more so, the obvious foreshadowing themes he speaks of when you fight him in T4 missions. How he speaks almost like some religious zealot only shows how he understands more about what's out there. While Corpus sit and swim in their little puddles of useless money, Grineer pillage and destroy and conquer for the sake of conquest, and Tenno do what they do best, Vor knows about the nasty things that happened. He knows the truth behind the Orokin, how the Tenno are made. "Corruption", that is what Tenno are. Twisted and wretched abominations with powers of a god. This is all a small example, though I would love to discuss more should you wish.

I said it was not in any official lore entry or something.

I clearly remember DE stating it long long ago in their first devstreams, or an interview.

You don't have to be an energy based life form to wear suits.

How do you explain being able to fit in both Rhino and Nova?

Let alone grow breasts.

I clearly remember DE stating it long long ago in their first devstreams, or an interview.

Let alone grow breasts.

Who said the Tenno change their physical form to match that of the Warframe?  

I've been saying for over a year now, this is what the Tenno are; 

orionbelt01.jpg

Besides, if the Tenno were once human, or humanoid, and the Void has twisted them beyond recognition, they probably don't need to fit the exact physical dimensions of the suit.  For all we know, they're deformity has them half the size they were originally and only occupy the torso of the Warframe. 

As to why the Warframes have the appearance of fully matured adult humans, it's possible that the Orokin designed them that way so that the Tenno could fit in and not be seen as much more than freaks of nature.  An attempt at giving the Tenno a chance of normalcy, if you will. 

Edited by Noamuth

DE never said anything on what's under the suits. Ever. Lore dictates that Tenno are physical people when not wearing their selected warframes. Rhino Prime is the best example. That was an excerpt detailing an event revolving around the true and original Rhino/Prime that our Rhino frames are now based off of.

Let alone grow breasts.

Nope, they never said that. 

There are a few theories that explain that. The theory of the suit being comprised of some Technocyte has a strong possibility of being likely. 

Edited by EmptyDevil

I've been saying for over a year now, this is what the Tenno are; 

orionbelt01.jpg

Besides, if the Tenno were once human, or humanoid, and the Void has twisted them beyond recognition, they probably don't need to fit the exact physical dimensions of the suit.  For all we know, they're deformity has them half the size they were originally and only occupy the torso of the Warframe. 

Also what this guy said. You know how DE described our Lisets to be like a "TARDIS"? Who knows? Maybe that's how Warframes work too. Don't say your proof is end all, be all. The void is, after all, what the Orokin described as "A place where all of our science and reason failed"

Space magic, deal with it.

We've known about Warframes being interchangeable for awhile now.  But for the most part, DE has been reluctant to actually divulge any information about what the Tenno are or even look like. 

EDIT:  

Inb4Morec0

And you covered it basically as I would. Well done, have a cookie.

As far as how we can fit into the varying sized and shaped Warframes without issue, that's tied into the above lack of information. If the Tenno DO have a physical body and aren't energy/spirits, though, I like to think that it's more of a Guyver-style "the suit molds us to it" thing than anything with us molding to fit to it.

With the Warframes being made of Technocyte, that seems quite a strong possibility.

Let alone grow breasts.

Shapeshifting due to technocyte infection and void magic..?

They were taken as children, so who knows, maybe one of their deformities meant never aging/growing physically.

-----

Also, some things from the wiki:

• Each Tenno behind the Warframes have official concepts and ideas to what they look like as stated by Art Director Mynki in Devstream #4 which may or may not be revealed in the future. These concepts may also be subject to change throughout development.
  • In the prologue added in the recent update 14, Vor states that the Ascaris is nearly attached to the Tenno's spine. This implies that Tenno are biological and possess at least some biological structures that are analogous to those present in humans.
Edited by xZetsumeix

i would love to see the capability of changing gender come to fruit... when you think about lore there isnt just one warframe but copies of armor of original from orokin era, so i really doubt it wouldnt be possible to see gender based warframes... heck some warframes wouldnt need really much alteration. rhino for example, give slimmer waist and limbs, give a slight if at all increase in bust like saryn or not even just have an indention on existing armor and poof female rhino... 

And you covered it basically as I would. Well done, have a cookie.

As far as how we can fit into the varying sized and shaped Warframes without issue, that's tied into the above lack of information. If the Tenno DO have a physical body and aren't energy/spirits, though, I like to think that it's more of a Guyver-style "the suit molds us to it" thing than anything with us molding to fit to it.

With the Warframes being made of Technocyte, that seems quite a strong possibility.

What is more likely to be is that the game was first made as a third person shooter with some cool and funny characters to chose from and didn't make any sense whatsoever.

GUESS WHAT? All of your Questions will be revealed in the Cinematic Quest that comes in U18 (Unless its pushed) In which we introduce Sentients, Meet The Lotus, and Learn what is beneath our Warframes, whether it be humanoid flesh, Infested Flesh Bonded with the Suits or Beings of Energy.

Also, we could be cross dressers ;)

What is more likely to be is that the game was first made as a third person shooter with some cool and funny characters to chose from and didn't make any sense whatsoever.

Except now that they've continued to build the universe behind it they've explicity chosen their path regardless of this idea of potentially multiple characters - because they COULD VERY EASILY have given us the information to infer that each of our Warframes was a different Tenno and we were switching characters (WoW-style) when we picked a different frame. But no, they've chosen the route of a single Tenno wearing multiple Warframes.

The argument of "they're just making it up" is eye-rollingly ridiculous at this point. They have a path, it's vague to us, maybe vague to them in some parts, but they're not just throwing things together regardless of how they fit.

Let's not bring back the Tiny Girl argument, for those that don't know there was an argument long time ago about Tenno changing frames, the conclusion was that we all had to be tiny women as an explanation on how we could change suits.  At the time Mag was the smallest frame and Rhino was the biggest.

Currently there is more evidence to show we are physical being, the new Golem fight confirms it, we are flesh not energy.