Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About Warframe "genders" Idea?

-Ozymandias-

1. It was never stated that we are just energy,too many people just repeat whatever some youtuber says and don`t think. Vor was just calling the Tenno the true source of the Frame`s power. Funny that people repeatedly refer to and misinterpret that line but forget all about Vor at the end of Arid Fear pointing out that he pulled out Tenno corpses from their warframe, or Lotus stating in no ambiguous way that Zanuka is made from the body parts of fallen TENNO, not Warframe, Tenno. So that immortal skin Excal you see being pulled apart in The Prophet trailer, that was an actual Tenno body in there, and the same was going to be done to Mag.

2.We are not stated to be technocyte. Such assumptions are from leftover lore from Darksector that has little to do with current events, and misinterpretted dialog from infested bosses, who believe all flesh is theirs. At best, our suits are made of some infested material, but it doesn`t mean that much as even the grineer have things that utilise nano spores or plastids, and the Grineer are consistently dropping the stuff.

Ultimately, Tenno work different than Hayden Tenno, their powers come from infection from the void, not a technocyte virus infection like in Darksector.

On top of.that Lotus considers the Infested mesa warframe, which had an infested inside puppeting it, to be hollow/not Tenno.

3.Its never actually been officially finalized that we switch between frames, regardless of gender. Even the much lauded Limbo theorem line has been implicated by DE Steve in sn AMA to indeed just be a mere a 4th wall cracking line for player intel on the fact that they can now finish building Limbo. Steve had even considered removing the line as people might probably get confused from that.

4.You know those cryopods, we defend in defense missions, they have Twnno with their warframe inside of them. How do you know this? Well, the flippin pods say Warframe cryopod on them. Now why would it need a cryopod when a warframe can just be built? unlesz it actually has a Tenno inside of it, obviously. Like you when you started the game.

With this all laid out, I think it should be quite clear that Tenno have physical bodies under the suits, despite Oro or particular powers.

Edited by UrielColtan

While I'm a subscriber to the Tenno being a conciness that can jump from body to body and the warframes being the animilistic/human like enitity in the rhino prime codex, I'm honestly surpised people don't bring up Equinox, who can undergo a pretty significant shape change with their first abillity, as support for just being a shapeshifter. I mean, sure, you might not be able to actively do it in combat with other frames, but it's quite possible shifting could be used to fit into any of the warframes, just not combat viable, as you have to have an empty one lying around.

Not much is changed bodywise, mainly just a different arrangement of armor, its not really hard to see either versions having the same body underneath. Barely much different from Chroma`s ultimate honestly. And DE and DC have come to the conclusion that both Day and Night are female, so the gender isn`t actually changing either.

Edited by UrielColtan

1. It was never stated that we are just energy,too many people just repeat whatever some youtuber says and don`t think. Vor was just calling the Tenno the true source of the Frame`s power. Funny that people repeatedly refer to and misinterpret that line but forget all about Vor at the end of Arid Fear pointing out that he pulled out Tenno corpses from their warframe, or Lotus stating in no ambiguous way that Zanuka is made from the body parts of fallen TENNO, not Warframe, Tenno. So that immortal skin Excal you see being pulled apart in The Prophet trailer, that was an actual Tenno body in there, and the same was going to be done to Mag.

2.We are not stated to be technocyte. Such assumptions are from leftover lore from Darksector that has little to do with current events, and misinterpretted dialog from infested bosses, who believe all flesh is theirs. At best, our suits are made of some infested material, but it doesn`t mean that much as even the grineer have things that utilise nano spores or plastids, and the Grineer are consistently dropping the stuff.

Ultimately, Tenno work different than Hayden Tenno, their powers come from infection from the void, not a technocyte virus infection like in Darksector.

On top of.that Lotus considers the Infested mesa warframe, which had an infested inside puppeting it, to be hollow/not Tenno.

3.Its never actually been officially finalized that we switch between frames, regardless of gender. Even the much lauded Limbo theorem line has been implicated by DE Steve in sn AMA to indeed just be a mere a 4th wall cracking line for player intel on the fact that they can now finish building Limbo. Steve had even considered removing the line as people might probably get confused from that.

4.You know those cryopods, we defend in defense missions, they have Twnno with their warframe inside of them. How do you know this? Well, the flippin pods say Warframe cryopod on them. Now why would it need a cryopod when a warframe can just be built? unlesz it actually has a Tenno inside of it, obviously. Like you when you started the game.

With this all laid out, I think it should be quite clear that Tenno have physical bodies under the suits, despite Oro or particular powers.

Good and solid point i give you that

That thing probably WAS the suit.

I guess it is possible, but it had a mouth and was eating the innards of personnel, not infecting people (probably starved from brutal experiments.) or anything. Warframez have no mouthes and are hollow inside. How could it eat and what would be the point? The doctor remarked about how it had been dissect and had knowledge of its bretheren being dissected and.knowing the wrong he did. Something tells me these are not words reserved for some paltry technocyte virus.

Even if it was the suit, the Ember codex suggest that the Tenno have their powers outside of the suit too.

Excuse me if someone mentioned this already, but hasn't it been stated somewhere that DE has concept art of what the tenno under each Warframe looks like and they just haven't released it?

My point here is, there isn't an individual Tenno in each of the warframes, but a single one changing between all of 'em.

Therefore there are not hot chicks under "female" warframes, nor athletic guys under "male" frames, as opposed to all the fan art.

I'm not against it, just pointing that out since i've seen this is still a thing.

tenno entities are genderless, they have transcended beyond humanity to a higher level of existence, pure consciousness,  beyond the physical plane becoming the ultimate warrior who can harness void energy at will 

its just an exoskeleton and the tissues inside that have a male or female appearance based on the original subjects used to create them

the occupation of the exoskeleton and organic vessel by a tenno entity creates a warframe in synergy 

each warframe manifests and manipulates void energy in its own way as well as unique physical characteristics and capabilities 

It's obvious, right?  The ember flavor text talks about the officer asking about the children, but is answered that there were no children.  Tenno are hobbits, sexy sexy hobbits piloting giant robots (relative to their size).

In the future, these magical sexy hobbits pilot robots for justice.  Look at robotics with the Corpus... compared to the Orokin, they're HACKS!  You can put a mechanized suit on anything in the future, even a cat:

http://i.imgur.com/Zxjyy0r.jpg

The problem here is: there is no way in hell anyone of you, me included, can guess what a Tenno truly is or how a single Tenno can fit different warframes. DE has just effed the lore up as they progressed in this game's development. Pretty much every theory is wrong because there is too much incongruence in that mess that we call "lore".

The last thing Steve said about what Tenno could be is "Brain in a jar". Or something like that iirc.

I hope DE takes the path of different Tenno for each frame though.

How hard can this get really ?
The Warframe is a flesh suit made of Technocyte. It's more durable than normal flesh and more flexible than metal.

The Tenno are mind-in-a-USB that can jack in and out of Warframe.

Since Limbo function most of the time without his head it's safe to assume Warframe does not actually contain organ, brain,nervous system etc
The Warframe's gender is not functional and merely for show.
For all we know Saryn's mammary gland might just be a bunch of circuit that she used to store her Intensify.

If Warframe are normal armor, the Corpus and Grineer would have had their own Warframe unit by now, especially when Grineer are 10% flesh grafted on 90% machine.

but the best anyone can do is Alad V making a Zanuka which Alad V remote control with his collar.

The Zanuka are Warframe part but not a Tenno.

Edited by Re4nimated

The Warframe is a flesh suit made of Technocyte. It's more durable than normal flesh and more flexible than metal.

Since Limbo function most of the time without his head it's safe to assume Warframe does not actually contain organ, brain,nervous system etc

For all we know Saryn's mammary gland might just be a bunch of circuit that she used to store her Intensify.

For the first line i think it's the other way around.

And doesnt Limbo take off his hat, not head?

How hard can this get really ?

The Tenno are mind-in-a-USB that can jack in and out of Warframe.

If Warframe are normal armor, the Corpus and Grineer would have had their own Warframe unit by now, especially when Grineer are 10% flesh grafted on 90% machine.

but the best anyone can do is Alad V making a Zanuka which Alad V remote control with his collar.

The Zanuka are Warframe part but not a Tenno.

How many times do people have to say that the Technocyte virus is not canon? You can't put something that is not explicitly into the game to the base of your theory.

About the suits, only Tenno can use them. It has been said many times that Tenno are catalysts for those warframes so no, corpus and grineer can't make warframes of their own.

Edited by OzoneAle

Tenno look like regular people, but we morph into specific frames like animorphs/power-rangers.  

I found a scientific video showing it in action:

That, or we're sexy hobbits piloting mecha.  One of the two.

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon

I said it once and I will say it again:

Vor is a nutjob who was dead for a while before he got revived. Any doctor can tell you that that is not good for the brain and it probably turned his into pudding.

Tyl Regor on the other hand is a serious scientist and he says we are lizzards with headfruit.

Therefore Tenno are shapeshifting reptilian-plant hybrinds.

Praised be Regor

I'm not at all interested in the topic of gender in a game about beings that don't even seem to have individual emotion (excluding valkyr) or an ability to speak, but it's at least worth saying that this seems like one of the first topics of which the OP isn't trying to force their theory on Tenno gender on others or calling them sexist or transphobic for not agreeing. That's a positive phenomenom if any.

Hermaphrodite Tenno seems a little too simple, though, as much as I appreciate you looking at this from a position which doesn't auto-invalidate the opinions of others. I feel the devs will bring this debate to a satisfying conclusion nevertheless- they've shown their ability to create compelling stories with Natah, for sure. I really don't see how they could let anyone down with this upcoming reveal of what the Tenno are, what the Second Dream is, and just how frightening the Sentients are.

How many times do people have to say that the Technocyte virus is not canon? You can't put something that is not explicitly into the game to the base of your theory.

About the suits, only Tenno can use them. It has been said many times that Tenno are catalysts for those warframes so no, corpus and grineer can't make warframes of their own.

Well, the Dark Sector variant of it is non-canon as Dark Sector itself is non-canon, but the term "Technocyte" IS used in Warframe itself - check the Nano Spore description.

I said it once and I will say it again:

Vor is a nutjob who was dead for a while before he got revived. Any doctor can tell you that that is not good for the brain and it probably turned his into pudding.

Tyl Regor on the other hand is a serious scientist and he says we are lizzards with headfruit.

Therefore Tenno are shapeshifting reptilian-plant hybrinds.

Praised be Regor

It's not what he said that keeps the theory alive, imo, it's what he became after the resurrection you mentioned that keeps that theory alive.
Edited by Morec0

I guess it is possible, but it had a mouth and was eating the innards of personnel, not infecting people (probably starved from brutal experiments.) or anything. Warframez have no mouthes and are hollow inside. How could it eat and what would be the point? The doctor remarked about how it had been dissect and had knowledge of its bretheren being dissected and.knowing the wrong he did. Something tells me these are not words reserved for some paltry technocyte virus.

Even if it was the suit, the Ember codex suggest that the Tenno have their powers outside of the suit too.

Warframes would probably fall under the OrganicTech trope and it was probably eating out of pure base instinct. Remember, that thing was before the Warframes of today, so of course ours aren't going to have a mouth or look like an Infested. Everything that eats is basically "hollow" inside.

The doctor recognized the creature as one of the things he had been working on, he was not showing regret or thinking about the wrong he did. Read that section again.

Ember's codex suggest that Kaleen was burned when approaching a child, that was on the ship, that returned from the Void. Fire isn't the only thing that burns either.

Edited by EmptyDevil