Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About Warframe "genders" Idea?

-Ozymandias-

its a video game, specifically and action rpg so your going to need the option to change characters

Only it HAS been confirmed that we're playing as a single Character switching between Warframes - so it's not as simple as "they're completely different characters" as it would be in WoW or ToR. Hence the search for an answer to the question of "how do we do it?".

How do you explain being able to fit in both Rhino and Nova?

Let alone grow breasts.

Could the breasts not simply be a part of the Warframe?

In regards to how the Tenno view their own gender, however, I don't think it's an issue for them. They just don't think about it or put any stock or meaning into it.

Think about when you play a female (or male, if you're a woman) character in a video game - do you suddenly start identifying as that female (or male, if you're a woman) character's gender? No, it's just the form through which you are currently interacting with the game world, you're still you regardless of taking on the roll of Lara Croft of Nathan Drake.

The Tenno might have a similar view on which Warframes they inhabit - can they be of an opposite gender to them? Yep, but they don't care - the Mag or Loki are just the frames they use to interact with the world around them, they're still themselves regardless of it (barring perhaps some MINOR personality feedback I theorize to exist) .

Edited by Morec0

Detron crewman lore describes a metal suit being ripped apart, and a black fluid coming out and rebuilding everything that was lost.

We. Might. Be. Ooooooze

Pretty sure that was a Sentient being described in there - the fact it became "immune to whisper rounds" fits with DE's talk about the Sentients being able to adapt to the damages we use against them AND, more notably, Lotus' comments at the end of Natah that the Void was the one flaw they could not overcome - implying that they were able to overcome all their other weakness, as well as fitting in perfectly with the fact the Archimedian in the Synth said that the Void was toxic to them.

But if we were simply a black gooey ooze, we could have been orokin who became assimilated by sentients, which is why the sentients in regors lab pay no mind to us at all... They know what we are.

The Sentients in Regor's lab PAY mind to us - they can scan us and leave if they do, and they also flee if we scan them, showing that they DO care that they've been seen by us (something not exactly shared with the fact of there being other Grineer around attacking them). They just aren't expecting us while they're going about their business, we sneak up on them.

And given that we are apparently "causalities of the Void Era" (Mag Codex) we seemingly PREDATE the Orokin Era and Empire.

Edited by Morec0

I kind assumed it was just a dude who was using the suits and has to get enough crap together to build it let alone redesign it, I always pictured my guy building his first female looking frame and cussing up a storm when the 3d printer started putting chesticles on it... 

Edited by (XB1)CSI Disturbed 1

I kind assumed it was just a dude who was using the suits and has to get enough crap together to build it let alone redesign it, I always pictured my guy building his first female looking frame and cussing up a storm when the 3d printer started putting chesticles on it... 

lol

No, please do a search on the forums before posting this same thread.

This same thread?

All i've seen lately are multishot threads, nerf threads, prime access threads and atlas threads.

Havent seen any thread about this topic in ages.

How hard can this get really ?

The Warframe is a flesh suit made of Technocyte. It's more durable than normal flesh and more flexible than metal.

The Tenno are mind-in-a-USB that can jack in and out of Warframe.

Since Limbo function most of the time without his head it's safe to assume Warframe does not actually contain organ, brain,nervous system etc

The Warframe's gender is not functional and merely for show.

For all we know Saryn's mammary gland might just be a bunch of circuit that she used to store her Intensify.

If Warframe are normal armor, the Corpus and Grineer would have had their own Warframe unit by now, especially when Grineer are 10% flesh grafted on 90% machine.

but the best anyone can do is Alad V making a Zanuka which Alad V remote control with his collar.

The Zanuka are Warframe part but not a Tenno.

Who is to say that limbos head is also in the top hat part in the first place? There was a time where people thought corpus Crewmen were robots because their helmets seemed too small for a human head to be inside of proportionate to their shoulders. Then we were soundly corrected when DE fianlly allowed us to shoot their helmets off, revealing the humanoid inside. Its also pointless for the frames to be gendered for show. Its more likely like the Excal codex suggest, people with specific body shape had their frame built around them. As for your Zanuka comment, Lotus establishes that Zanuka is made of Tenno body parts.

Not just warframe parts. The Grineer and Corpus don`t use warframes as it is basically just suggested to be a cage and siphon for Tenno powers, which they lack so it would be of no use to them to personally wear.

Edited by UrielColtan

Only it HAS been confirmed that we're playing as a single Character switching between Warframes - so it's not as simple as "they're completely different characters" as it would be in WoW or ToR. Hence the search for an answer to the question of "how do we do it?".

Could the breasts not simply be a part of the Warframe?

I honestly think there just having a laugh at this before they give some vague half backed implication or reveal that they're humanoid like EVERYONE else (excluding infested)

Edited by (PS4)RainbowDash_Pony

I honestly think there just having a laugh at this before they give some vague half backed implication or reveal that they're humanoid like EVERYONE else (excluding infested)

If they're just normal-looking people inside the Warframes I'm going to be mildly upset.

But we'll see.

Edited by Morec0

srly? tenno are.. this:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/worms/images/c/ce/Worms_Artwork.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101122143024

or maybe... the story is based on the awakening of hayden tenno and all warframe are just pve content for the game and have nothing to do with the original plot, anyone of your have never read somewhere the first tenno change is frame?

Edited by Bloodkill

Seriously op, what's the difference between male and female frames? Answer is nothing, a female rhino will be no more powerful or graceful as the male one. A male Valkyr will not get more armour then the female. Asking for DE to make versions of both will serve nothing, this is DE's art project. Im sorry, if you feel that playing the opposite sex makes you feel weird or you think less highly of them.

Seriously op, what's the difference between male and female frames? Answer is nothing, a female rhino will be no more powerful or graceful as the male one. A male Valkyr will not get more armour then the female. Asking for DE to make versions of both will serve nothing, this is DE's art project. Im sorry, if you feel that playing the opposite sex makes you feel weird or you think less highly of them.

did u even read my post?

srly? tenno are.. this:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/worms/images/c/ce/Worms_Artwork.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101122143024

or maybe... the story is based on the awakening of hayden tenno and all warframe are just pve content for the game and have nothing to do with the original plot, anyone of your have never read somewhere the first tenno change is frame?

The idea of the original Tenno to come out of the Void NOT being able to change their frames always strikes me as odd, because it raises the question: "why did it change? what caused it to change?" To me there just isn't a strong enough reason for DE to write such a different between the initial "ones from the Zariman" and the rest of the Tenno that came after - through whatever means.

As for Hayden Tenno - while I think there was indeed a Hayden Tenno SOMEWHERE in the history of the Warframes it was MOST CERTAINLY NOT the same Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector...

As for this theory your image presents, I shall consider this further...