Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About Warframe "genders" Idea?

-Ozymandias-

The idea of the original Tenno to come out of the Void NOT being able to change their frames always strikes me as odd, because it raises the question: "why did it change? what caused it to change?" To me there just isn't a strong enough reason for DE to write such a different between the initial "ones from the Zariman" and the rest of the Tenno that came after - through whatever means.

As for Hayden Tenno - while I think there was indeed a Hayden Tenno SOMEWHERE in the history of the Warframes it was MOST CERTAINLY NOT the same Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector...

As for this theory your image presents, I shall consider this further...

The only reason I can think of for the 'original' Tenno not being able to switch Warframes would be due to available technology.  

i.e. Their primary focus was learning how to harness their abilities with the 'frames, utility and versatility was a secondary objective, only attained decades later. 

It doesn't.

Either you read it wrong or english is not your native language, idk.

This post is to invalidate the "genders" idea, not to support it, thus genders don't matter to me.

Soooooo why bring up genders? I can make leaps of logic, but you are asking a huge one. How does energy and gender play into your thinking? Or was the gender part a ploy to lure people into this thread?.

Edited by ravend

We've known about Warframes being interchangeable for awhile now.  But for the most part, DE has been reluctant to actually divulge any information about what the Tenno are or even look like.

I'm pretty sure it's because they're still figuring it out themselves. The lore of Warframe is pretty much nonexistent because it's not finished yet, DE just keeps making it up as they go along.

I'm pretty sure it's because they're still figuring it out themselves. The lore of Warframe is pretty much nonexistent because it's not finished yet, DE just keeps making it up as they go along.

And?  So?

Personally, I love having such room to speculate.  My Mag is anything and anyone I want her to be and it's not in conflict with DE's vision, just because they haven't shared it yet.  It allows me to let my own imagination run wild and helps me enjoy the game a lot more.

And? So?

Personally, I love having such room to speculate. My Mag is anything and anyone I want her to be and it's not in conflict with DE's vision, just because they haven't shared it yet. It allows me to let my own imagination run wild and helps me enjoy the game a lot more.

I agree, the little bits of teasers they pull. Tel raygor saying we slither and the golem saying we are of there flesh. Lets people connect and speculate on the lore. Personally think DE has the lore ironed out, but is being a tease about it.

If they're just normal-looking people inside the Warframes I'm going to be mildly upset.

But we'll see.

And i`d be upset if we are some stupid technocyte oatmeal blob or some drab orb of energy as I can`t feel concern for that.

It makes sense that we be humanoid considering our origins. We didn`t evolve over centuries or anything either. We were cryo frozen.

I agree, the little bits of teasers they pull. Tel raygor saying we slither and the golem saying we are of there flesh. Lets people connect and speculate on the lore. Personally think DE has the lore ironed out, but is being a tease about it.

Yeah, but i don`t see anything literal about the Tenno`s biolgy to be taken from Tyl

Slither is clearly metaphoric. Tyl obviously sees us both as pest and frogs to be dissected.

The infested think everyone is their flesh and just want to assimilate you into them. People always recall the we are your flesh line but not the lines about letting them inside you or things like Lotus calling a Mesa frame being puppeted by infested, a hollow Frame and not Tenno.

Edited by UrielColtan

And i`d be upset if we are some stupid technocyte oatmeal blob or some drab orb of energy as I can`t feel concern for that.

It makes sense that we be humanoid considering our origins. We didn`t evolve over centuries or anything either. We were cryo frozen.

Exactly how I feel.

I do hope we are normal looking, if not that, then the Codex art of unmasked Tenno( You know with all them energy marks and what not)

I just like it. Something clicks with me about that.

Or maybe because I want to RP as my characters in the game

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

But we were twisted by the Void, altered, changed by it. If we came out of that experience with the power we got from it and ZERO physical repercussions whatsoever, I'd feel it would just be really silly.

Exactly how I feel.

I do hope we are normal looking, if not that, then the Codex art of unmasked Tenno( You know with all them energy marks and what not)

I just like it. Something clicks with me about that.

Or maybe because I want to RP as my characters in the game

I'm guessing you mean RP as yourself because I've never had an issue RPing as anything that didn't look like me - I prefer it, actually.
Edited by Morec0

Soooooo why bring up genders? I can make leaps of logic, but you are asking a huge one. How does energy and gender play into your thinking? Or was the gender part a ploy to lure people into this thread?.

Again you make no sense, i dont know why you'd think i'm supporting or accepting something when i'm clearly against it.

Gonna stop arguing with you.

And yes.

As i said before, this was most likely something like a 3rd person shooter with some cool "ninja" characters to chose from (and i say "ninja" because Ash is the only one who actually looks like one or acts like one) and it's success took DE by surprise and they had to figure it out from there.

The Tenno idea was maybe a way to simplify things instead of making "lore" or/and story for each one of them.

It is a bad thing when the story of a game is the last thing released, specially after 2 years.

If they actually had any idea they would just put some lore into the game as it is one of the most requested things since release (if not the most requested one)

These "teases" and "hints" as someone said above just show they dont actually have any idea.

Warframe0131_zpsf69a1109.jpg

GG no RE

Would it not make apt sense for the "metal wombs" to be the cryopods? Especially considering the mother theming around all of this, Lotus waking us up from the cryopod and pushing the Tenno to awaken - as well as the detail that, as per the Liset radio, Vor's initial orders were to kill the Tenno before they awaken (that meaning: while still in their cryopod cryosleep) - which could very well be what's detailed here, and the whole fact he's not able to properly study them because of that death later prompting him to do what we see in Vor's Prize.

With Void Vor as what he seems to be, a being of energy within the Void, altered by its energies projected through the Janus key, I'm a leery at just discarding the theory altogether.

As Vor here states himself: "I know you are sour on mysticism but I'm beginnign to turn my view on it".

Edited by Morec0

Would it not make apt sense for the "metal wombs" to not be the cryopods? Especially considering the mother theming around all of this, Lotus waking us up from the cryopod and pushing the Tenno to awaken - as well as the detail that, as per the Liset radio, Vor's initial orders were to kill the Tenno before they awaken (that meaning: while still in their cryopod cryosleep) - which could very well be what's detailed here, and the whole fact he's not able to properly study them because of that death later prompting him to do what we see in Vor's Prize.

With Void Vor as what he seems to be, a being of energy within the Void, altered by its energies projected through the Janus key, I'm a leery at just discarding the theory altogether.

As Vor here states himself: "I know you are sour on mysticism but I'm beginnign to turn my view on it".

7pP3yOu.jpg

GG no RE

I'll explain it if you still don't get it.

"Every time we tear a Tenno corpse from it's metal womb we find nothing to explain their power"

First of all, the Grineer know that the Warframes are the suits and that the Tenno are piloting said suits.

Right after that he talks about how they find nothing to explain they're Void powers.

It can then be inferred that the metal wombs are referencing the Warframes.

After all, why would they complain about the cryopod not explaining the Tenno's power, when it has nothing to do with the Tenno's void powers?

<snip>

GG no RE

I'll explain it if you still don't get it.

"Every time we tear a Tenno corpse from it's metal womb we find nothing to explain their power"

First of all, the Grineer know that the Warframes are the suits and that the Tenno are piloting said suits.

Right after that he talks about how they find nothing to explain they're Void powers.

It can then be inferred that the metal wombs are referencing the Warframes.

After all, why would they complain about the cryopod not explaining the Tenno's power, when it has nothing to do with the Tenno's void powers?

What was the power that Vor was interested in? Was is the Warframe's abilities? No, it was the Tenno's Void energy, this thought supported by the interest he takes in our "furious light" (which he notes to be a separate thing from the Warframe in the very same line), his connection to the Janus key, and his later transformation after contact with Void energy. He wouldn't be looking for the Warframe's powers at all so they're not a factor - he wanted the magical bullet cure for Cloning Decay Syndrome he believed the energies of the Tenno would bring.

Hence, studying the lifeless Warframe - where the Tenno's Oro, their life energy, has been snuffed out and destroyed, leads to NOTHING being found in them that interests Vor. 

Thye're NOT complaining about the cryopod, they're complaining about the Tenno's corpse - the lifeless Warframe - that's the statement being connected to "their power" as you aptly describe.

And do they know that they're just suits? The Tenno were myth and legend for a long time, only recently returning to the light and becoming a fact again. Time passes, centuries if the opening narration is to be believed, and I'm betting the only Grineer-affiliated that were around that time were the Twin Queens, and even then they might not know.

Ruk doesn't know, he has to ask the question.

Vay Hek doesn't know, he's never shown any interest in studying them.

Vor would know, and I think he became very much the same thing as we are after his death.

Could Alad know? Perhaps, but his interest was the other end of the spectrum - the Technocyte-made Warframes with which he created Zanuka.

Plus there was once the statement Steve made that the CLOSEST correct theory he'd seen was "brain in a jar" - what is the key element of "brain in a jar"? That the consciousness is without a body and is moved around - which is what I'm saying to be the case, the Tenno's "soul" as it were is separated from their original body and can move around between the Warframes, which helps to explain that part of the lore.

After all, as that very quote says one of our titles is "demons of the Void" - what is one of the things demons do, the thing they are perhaps most scripturally-famous for doing? They possess.

Could I be wrong? Very much, but the fact that Void Vor EXISTS as what he is continues to prod me in that direction. If he wasn't there being all immortal energy and what have you I'd agree.

-snip-

"What was the power that Vor was interested in? Was is the Warframe's abilities? No, it was the Tenno's Void energy, this thought supported by the interest he takes in our "furious light" (which he notes to be a separate thing from the Warframe in the very same line), his connection to the Janus key, and his later transformation after contact with Void energy. He wouldn't be looking for the Warframe's powers at all so they're not a factor - he wanted the magical bullet cure for Cloning Decay Syndrome he believed the energies of the Tenno would bring.​"

Maybe, but in that specific quote he was searching for an explanation to the Tenno's power. How could their suits, which have nothing inside them to would allow them to fire lazors our of their ! cheeks, allow them to break every law of physics?

"Thye're NOT complaining about the cryopod, they're complaining about the Tenno's corpse - the lifeless Warframe - that's the statement being connected to "their power" as you aptly describe."

What? I thought you were saying that the metal womb was the cryopod. And they were wondering why the metal womb (which you said was the cryopod) did not explain the Tenno's powers. There's also  nothing to suggest that he's referring to the warframes as the Tenno. Every other statement Vor has made has always referred to the warframes and the Tenno as separate entities.

"We've been wrong all this time. Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno ARE that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light."

Ugh sorry for this one that's usually used to support the energy theory, but I'm sure everyone and their mother have agreed that this was just a metaphor.

"And do they know that they're just suits? The Tenno were myth and legend for a long time, only recently returning to the light and becoming a fact again. Time passes, centuries if the opening narration is to be believed, and I'm betting the only Grineer-affiliated that were around that time were the Twin Queens, and even then they might not know.​"

Yes they do, I think you should know that. If you want proof just ask.

Maybe, but in that specific quote he was searching for an explanation to the Tenno's power. How could their suits, which have nothing inside them to would allow them to fire lazors our of their ! cheeks, allow them to break every law of physics?

What? I thought you were saying that the metal womb was the cryopod. And they were wondering why the metal womb (which you said was the cryopod) did not explain the Tenno's powers. There's also  nothing to suggest that he's referring to the warframes as the Tenno. Every other statement Vor has made has always referred to the warframes and the Tenno as separate entities.

Ugh sorry for this one that's usually used to support the energy theory, but I'm sure everyone and their mother have agreed that this was just a metaphor.

Yes they do, I think you should know that. If you want proof just ask.

Keep in mind the Warframes themselves are only HALF of the equation we see for the full thing we play in-game. The Tenno are infused with the power of the Void - "that hellspace where our science and reason failed", failed SO MUCH that by the timeperiod shown in the Crewman Synthesis the Orokin had turned it into some kind of religious view. If the Tenno are infused with the powers of the Void, if they are conduits for its energy - which they would have to do if they were the answer to the Sentients due to their Void energy (which is what is suggested by the blatant fact that in the Crewman Synth the Archimedian says "they Void is Toxic to them") - then they share some of its qualities.

So the Void gives them their reality-warping, physics-breaking capabilities - their channeling, their bullet jumps, double jumps (both of the latter, mind you, cause us to glow as if we're channeling) - while the Warframes grant us the individual powers via their connection to the Technocyte and the evolutions those allows for, abilities which are then further enhanced by channeling the Tenno's Void power through the Warframe while they're connected, making them nigh-unstoppable as a pair.

I was saying "the metal womb is the cryopod", however I was not saying that the cryopod revealed nothing to explain their powers. Their studying of the Tenno corpse - the Warframe - revealed nothing to explain their powers in the way Vor was looking for them - that is, though their connection to the Void. The abilities were there, but Vor's not interested in the Warframe's abilities: he wants to study the Void energy because he thinks it's the magical key to saving his people from their dying sterility.

As for "it's just a metaphor" if NOT for the fact that Vor later BECAME energy, again, I'd agree with you. But his reappearance in the Void causes one to reconsider.

And what proof might that be? The Ruk quote? He's asking a question, he doesn't know. Or perhaps the Ascaris burrowing into our spine - or perhaps the Warframe's spine?

I'm just takings shots in the dark here, though. What proof are you waiting to drop?

Edited by Morec0

All I need to say:

Everything will be revealed Soon™.

God I hope so. I'm arguing for the "Energy Theory" above but I'm cool with whatever. Parts of me even prefer the "energy cracked body" theory that some of the fan art depicts, just because I think that looks AWESOME - but I just REALLY hope we're not normal people with special powers and no physical drawbacks...

I just want to KNOW so I can finally have some basis for the character I play as and the community can collectively move on to talking about other things. 

In particular: when the HELL are we going to see a Lorist???

Edited by Morec0