Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] What Is Your Experience With Conclave?

Phasedragon

It's eh.

I started a while ago and I've always been excited when trying out a new PVP experience as it's against human opponents.

If I wanted to actually do good however I would have to learn to shoot a Tenno mid flight at night which I can't currently do and which the Peer To Peer network doesn't really allow me to do.

I haven't played it in a while.

Also have had trouble with match making.

Edited by Ziegrif

dont plan on trying it... the first thing that caught my eye on warframe was NO PVP although im really happy that it has no benefits.. though the day they add mandatory pvp ( some special mod / weapon ) is the day i quit warframe :) just my thoughts about pvp

You should consider giving it a go. PVP now is light years different than what PVP used to be. No power creep. Mostly balanced, with the exceptions up next for rebalancing. More competitive with Parkour 2.0. The old parkour just had Tenno randomly flailing everywhere. Parkour 2.0 allows for Tenno to be much more surgical in their parkour combat. There is actually a pretty big PVP scene developing, especially with Solar Rail Wars returning. But with that said, just note that there are players out there who absolutely wreck 99% of all the other players out there. Most of which have their own unique builds, which says something about the balancing at the moment.

You should consider giving it a go. PVP now is light years different than what PVP used to be. No power creep. Mostly balanced, with the exceptions up next for rebalancing. More competitive with Parkour 2.0. The old parkour just had Tenno randomly flailing everywhere. Parkour 2.0 allows for Tenno to be much more surgical in their parkour combat. There is actually a pretty big PVP scene developing, especially with Solar Rail Wars returning. But with that said, just note that there are players out there who absolutely wreck 99% of all the other players out there. Most of which have their own unique builds, which says something about the balancing at the moment.

i dont enjoy pvp thats why i started playing warframe :D wouldnt touch it with a 20 mile pole

So far theres no balance to how I do in pvp. Over the last few weeks now that I have discovered builds I like its either I &#! raped or I get &#! raped. There is no inbetween. I also never win when a vectis user is present :v. Also where is the I got Butt raped  by phase with out lube option in the poll ? 

Weird, because I never got hit in mid air with Zephyr in PvP. You were probably jumping in place.

I personally don't use Zephyr in Conclave. That's from my own personal experience when playing against other Zephyrs. They always glide at me and I always just pick them off. I don't consider them a threat like a Braton Prime Frost in a Snow Globe, or an immortal Jat Kittag Chroma, or Valkyr rushing at you with a channeled Tempo Royale Galantine.

So far theres no balance to how I do in pvp. Over the last few weeks now that I have discovered builds I like its either I ! raped or I get ! raped. There is no inbetween. I also never win when a vectis user is present :v. Also where is the I got Butt raped by phase with out lube option in the poll ?

Vectis is a one hit kill headshot sniper. Anything below the chest requires two bullets. Vectis only has one round per mag. So if your going against a Vectis user, don't just get into a strait on gun fight. Use Parkour 2.0 and dodge around a bit. Play cat and mouse until you see an opportunity to gain the upper hand. Staggering abilities and stunning melee weapons will also become your best friend against high damage weapons like snipers, seer, or Bows

It is only bad then you get wrecked like this. This means you got farmed.

It is also very funny also a fresh change of the immense grindynes in the game. If your team is good and not made of made of derps

DE was the core dev of Unreal Tournement series the should know what they are doing.

Maybe the Conclave team is not that big enough to balance things better out to give a overall better experience.

But it is improofed a ton if you compare it with the first try of the Conclave there winning & loosing just decided by your luck.

Edited by 1N33DM0N3Y

I played over 4,000 matches of Conclave 1.0, I enjoyed it a lot. Not in a seriously competitive sense: I thought it was very fun in terms of a "sandbox-dueling-room" kinda way. When DE removed that old gamemode, I took a six month break from the game - the longest break I've ever taken. 

I came back to the new conclave and I @(*()$ hate it.

-The rules/builds are too restricted.

-The mod system is completely pointless and redundant in a PVP atmosphere.

-You can't set up a lobby with a chosen map or chosen teams - less intuitive than the original conclave system.

-With each update, there has always been a weapon that allows you to cheese others.

-Disabled All-chat makes for a S#&$ty, antisocial experience.

-Adding rewards just leads to a way too competitive atmosphere than what should ever be intended.

-Warframe's movement and aiming system being incorporated into any "balanced" PVP environment is laughable.

Don't enjoy it, not my thing...

Went into the new conclave once to see how it functioned... came out of that match 29 Kills / 2 Deaths. It was literally me versus two others on a team together and they got so utterly dominated that it honestly felt completely broken.

(Went in as a Mag P armed with Karak W, Lex P, and Kogake. The Karak W was still new and shiny when I did this.)

I want to enjoy PvP, but I'm starting to think perhaps PvP just isn't for Warframe. Or at least, as long as DE allows customization and mobility at the scope that it's currently at, it will never truly shine. But in the same way, if you strip all that away, you strip everything unique to Warframe from the mode as well. Which is why after all these iterations and reworks I do not think PvP in Warframe will ever really be something I will enjoy or feel motivated to play.

It's been a long road since PvP became a thing, and yet I still feel like it hasn't made any progress. Nobody's fault - just the way it is.

According to the poll (at my time of this post)

1/4 play pvp and do enjoy it (10% long term pvpers and 15% new pvpers)

16% want to remove that feature.

It's not enough that they don't have to play it if they don't like it, no, others should not have the option either. Nothing in PVE is affected by the PVP and 16% still want PVP removed.

That's despicable. That is toxic.

Lets try this kind of attitude with anything else:

I don't like archwing so you shouldn't be allowed to play archwing

I don't like kubrows so you shouldn't be allowed to have kubrows

I don't like shotguns so you shouldn't be allowed to have shotguns

Edited by Mastikator2