Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(De's Have Responded) They Have Fixed Prime Access!

Vanist

Some of you seem to have a hard time understanding why this should be upsetting in any way.

The exclusion of the masking kit from the cosmetics pack compels people to buy an actual Access Pack. Withholding one item necessary for a complete set—the Prime armor, matching Prime collar, matching Prime fur pattern, and matching Prime fur colors—is incredibly manipulative.

I know that the apologists posting in this thread are very aware of the difference between having the complete set of something, and only having part of it. Justifications such as "you don't really need it" or "you might get similar colors later" are ridiculous. I'd suggest you stop lying to yourself and to everyone else, although absolutely no one is fooled.

As for people knowing what they would get, keep in mind that, aside from the image possibly being altered at some point (I didn't see it for myself), all past Prime Access cosmetics bundles have offered all of the cosmetics, rather than withholding one of them. Clearly, you can understand why people would assume it would be the same deal this time around without having to read the fine print.

Is that where Warframe is now? Do players have to read the fine print in order to avoid being fooled? Does that sort of shady marketing ploy seem like the sort of behavior we should encourage?

Great points. I suggest people ignore the rather facetious and naive points being posted here and keep the discussion going.  

if anything i said was wrong, please correct me.

Like i said, the access packs always had 2 cosmetics and it still does. This time around they decided to add another cosmetic to the main packs. Which isnt even that much of a special thing. Im a kubrow person and if this was a new kubrow model then we would have an issue. But the masking kit is two white, TWO WHITES, we already have like 5 whites available. A gold color and a patterns thats hardly anything super unique. They probably added this after some one pointed out that the collar is really nothing too cool.

If this was some completely new thing that was mega unique then i would be complaining but 1 new color, 2 variations on a color we have several of already, and a pattern with a few stripes is not something im going to flip out about.

As long as DE doesnt move past this type of cosmetic i dont have an issue.

And like I said, "Prime Accessories pack always had all the exclusive items. Even earlier today in the FAQ it said that Prime Accessories offers all the exclusive items. They stealth changed it after someone pointed that out. This Prime Accessories pack does not have all the exclusive items, and the price for all exclusive items has doubled from $50 to $100. That is why people are unhappy."

This is some completely new thing: Prime Accessories bundles no longer contain all the prime accessories, and I (and apparently a bunch of other people) am not going to buy them anymore unless that changes.

Anyone got a picture of that? Cause i took this right when people started flipping out.

On top of that, the text clearly describes what you get. What that also changed?

So the only discussion you want here is how evil DE is because they want their F2P game to continue to exist ?

You seem lost, so i shall guide you through this ordeal.

To start with the picture, you are actually late to the 'party'. A while back, actually a few hours before your first post here, DE had to change what th prime accessories pictures showed. Originally, it showed the prime kubrow with its colors and wearing the armor, signifying that the cosmetic pack had the armor, sugatra, and the prime kubrow genetic masking kit. Prime colors for the kubrow.

Now, people got confused when they bought the cosmetic pack, and did not get the cosmetic kubrow gene kit.

As it turned out, the kubrow genetic kit is tied to the main prime accesss pack, and is not included in the prime accessories.

Now, as you look at the prime accessories image, the kubrow is blacked out, while repeatedly everywhere, people have said the cosmetic speration into two seperate packs is wrong. Afterall, the prime accessories was made just to have exclusive cosmetics that can not be farmed for.

As it stands now, you have to pay 100$ in prime access to be able to aquire all the new exclusve cosmetics this prime access has to offer.

I truely hope this helps you in clairifying the outrage, repulse, and disgust in what DE did with this prime access.

Oh, and the kubrow colar that can be farmed only gives the kubrow 20 sheild and 10 health. Thats your bonus, and no affinity to gain.

TL:DR

This prime access is, MEDIOCRE.

Dear DE,

I'm playing Warframe now since a year and wished I would have played it earlier to buy the other Prime Accessory packs. But it always made sense, that the accessory pack was exclusive and not achievable. So I think it would make sense if you move the gene masking kit to the prime accessory pack, because its not achievable. Or make it drop somewhere in the void. That would be fair. Until then I will first wait with the purchase and we hope we will hear from you guys again.

Best regards Frenzy

Edited by Frenzy1980

And like I said, "Prime Accessories pack always had all the exclusive items. Even earlier today in the FAQ it said that Prime Accessories offers all the exclusive items. They stealth changed it after someone pointed that out. This Prime Accessories pack does not have all the exclusive items, and the price for all exclusive items has doubled from $50 to $100. That is why people are unhappy."

This is some completely new thing: Prime Accessories bundles no longer contain all the prime accessories, and I (and apparently a bunch of other people) am not going to buy them anymore unless that changes.

Would it be really bad if we all assumed they did this once and let it go? This discussion is turning into a real circle jerk and it's not coming to an end it seems. Wouldn't it be fair to believe that at least you now get more stuff if you pay the premium price for it?

To me it just looks like more content, and come on, not many people do actually care that much about the kubrows. It's a fun extra, but nothing to stress or complain about. Prime access is a choice and this is getting out of hand. No one is forced to buy it. Come on peeps.

Some of you seem to have a hard time understanding why this should be upsetting in any way.

The exclusion of the masking kit from the cosmetics pack compels people to buy an actual Access Pack. Withholding one item necessary for a complete set—the Prime armor, matching Prime collar, matching Prime fur pattern, and matching Prime fur colors—is incredibly manipulative.

What i dont understand is people being angry at DE because they lack any form of self control.

And that lack of self control makes no sense because you are supporting the game. So you are want to support the game but just a little bit.

I know that the apologists posting in this thread are very aware of the difference between having the complete set of something, and only having part of it. Justifications such as "you don't really need it" or "you might get similar colors later" are ridiculous. I'd suggest you stop lying to yourself and to everyone else, although absolutely no one is fooled.

How does the masking kit create a complete set?

It has two colors you should already own in several variations, one new color which will likely come out in some variation later, and pattern that's a few stripes. It doesnt even offer some Orokin PBR skin or anything special.

If you had gold already sold you could recreated almost exactly what the kit has.

Yes, i know there are people that collect everything but... that's their issue, that's not the issue of DE.

As for people knowing what they would get, keep in mind that, aside from the image possibly being altered at some point (I didn't see it for myself), all past Prime Access cosmetics bundles have offered all of the cosmetics, rather than withholding one of them. Clearly, you can understand why people would assume it would be the same deal this time around without having to read the fine print.

Soon after the start of the program the main packs have all changed in what they include while the access packs had 2 cosmetics and 2 boosters.

This pack is no different. Access packs have 2 boosters and 2 cosmetics. They main pack changed, like they do, and added a third cosmetic. Given that the main packs change from time to time this should have been expected. And as long as it's not some completely unique item, as long as it's just a variation on stuff that already in-game, there should not be any issue. If this was a totally newly modeled item i would have an issue.

Access pack has 2 cos

Is that where Warframe is now? Do players have to read the fine print in order to avoid being fooled? Does that sort of shady marketing ploy seem like the sort of behavior we should encourage?

The pics and the text on the pic tells you what you receive.

I still dont know how people can say they are confused.

They say they are confused because of the expectation of how the packs have been while ignoring that the main ones have changed.

This just happened to be a new change that they did not like.

nope

not gonna get me tonight

nope nope nope

Im not here to "get" anyone.

I just post here because i am interest in the discussion.

Which in your view can only be of one side.

If a person sees it differently apparently there are only there to "get" you.

You are very likely to get your have and have the masking kit sold for plat separately in the market cause DE always bends to the big stink. But that doesnt mean there cant be a discussion with all views having their say.

BTW, if they do remove the masking kit and add it to the access pack, i wonder what they are going to do with the main packs. Cause that means they are left with the collar and D-kamas. From what the board have been saying around, i dont think most people care about that collar.

What i dont understand is people being angry at DE because they lack any form of self control.

And that lack of self control makes no sense because you are supporting the game. So you are want to support the game but just a little bit.

They are angry because DE lied about it.

Your image of prime accessories is late. As I said in an earlier post, DE never stated ORIGINALLY that the prime accessories did not include the gene masking kit. The original image had the kubrow with the armor and all its color.

People bought prime accessories in prime access expecting to get all the exclusive cosmetic content as before, but it turns out, they were lied to.

Que DE going in, changing the image to black out the kubrow and now state that the prime accessories do not include the gene masking kit.

As I sad before, you are kinda late to the party, and missed the lie that DE made in their prime access page before people started getting enraged, and now are further enraged due to the splitting of cosmetics.

Its like buying a cheese burger and you only get the cheese in your cheese burger when you buy a very expensive fries and a kids toy.

How does the masking kit create a complete set?

The masking kit includes a pattern that's reminiscent of Prime items and complements the armor's design, a white color that perfectly matches the white of the Prime armor, a gold color that perfectly matches the gold of the Prime armor, and a tan/brown that perfectly matches the tan/brown of the Prime armor.

Does that answer your question?

You seem lost, so i shall guide you through this ordeal.

To start with the picture, you are actually late to the 'party'. A while back, actually a few hours before your first post here, DE had to change what th prime accessories pictures showed. Originally, it showed the prime kubrow with its colors and wearing the armor, signifying that the cosmetic pack had the armor, sugatra, and the prime kubrow genetic masking kit. Prime colors for the kubrow.

Now, people got confused when they bought the cosmetic pack, and did not get the cosmetic kubrow gene kit.

As it turned out, the kubrow genetic kit is tied to the main prime accesss pack, and is not included in the prime accessories.

Now, as you look at the prime accessories image, the kubrow is blacked out, while repeatedly everywhere, people have said the cosmetic speration into two seperate packs is wrong. Afterall, the prime accessories was made just to have exclusive cosmetics that can not be farmed for.

As it stands now, you have to pay 100$ in prime access to be able to aquire all the new exclusve cosmetics this prime access has to offer.

I truely hope this helps you in clairifying the outrage, repulse, and disgust in what DE did with this prime access.

Oh, and the kubrow colar that can be farmed only gives the kubrow 20 sheild and 10 health. Thats your bonus, and no affinity to gain.

TL:DR

This prime access is, MEDIOCRE.

So basically, what you are saying here is that there are people that did not read the actual item list shown in the description?

And this is DE's fault, that the words listed there were not big enough to draw attention?

I mean, there have been issues with pics before, the steel meridian scarf was originally bigger but it turned into a little skinny thing, but this thing had actual words explaining that it included.

Would it be really bad if we all assumed they did this once and let it go? This discussion is turning into a real circle jerk and it's not coming to an end it seems. Wouldn't it be fair to believe that at least you now get more stuff if you pay the premium price for it?

To me it just looks like more content, and come on, not many people do actually care that much about the kubrows. It's a fun extra, but nothing to stress or complain about. Prime access is a choice and this is getting out of hand. No one is forced to buy it. Come on peeps.

How's it out of hand? They did something lots of people don't like, and lots of people are speaking up on that. Hopefully they'll see that, maybe connect it to lower sales (if that's the case), and change it.

So basically, what you are saying here is that there are people that did not read the actual item list shown in the description?

And this is DE's fault, that the words listed there were not big enough to draw attention?

I mean, there have been issues with pics before, the steel meridian scarf was originally bigger but it turned into a little skinny thing, but this thing had actual words explaining that it included.

It's partially their fault, since they changed something (all exclusives being available with the accessory pack) that they've been doing since PA started. Since you get all the exclusives in every other PA accessory pack ever released, it's not a crazy assumption to think you'd get them in this one.

Edited by xveganrox

Sad to say im usally a forum stalker but these new shady actions has compelled me to blade storm DE from a dark corner...

59.99 for a meh dog armor and a string hanging from my Cleavers seems like I got sh☆☆☆ed, I'm sure I would get more bang for my bucks with an infested stripper.

I love warframe and all butt 140 dollars for a blinged out kubrow coat doesnt seems fair to my $0.00 ballanced portfolio so thanks for bestowing buyers remorse in my lovely purchase Of Your Well Balanced And totally Fair Accessories Pack!!

Your Most Loyal Consumer QuisDaBeast

Definitely good to speak your grievances about how much worth is in a prime access pack (or any other pack that's being sold), but keep this in mind. In fact, everyone here needs to keep this in mind.

Vote with your wallets. Yes, speak your grievances. Yes, make sure DE hears your voices. But the loudest voice to any company is the voice of the almighty dollar. Remember - our words on these forums are going directly to the devs, not towards the bigwigs that deal with DE's income. They'll only truly hear you if you shut those wallets.

They are angry because DE lied about it.

Your image of prime accessories is late. As I said in an earlier post, DE never stated ORIGINALLY that the prime accessories did not include the gene masking kit. The original image had the kubrow with the armor and all its color.

People bought prime accessories in prime access expecting to get all the exclusive cosmetic content as before, but it turns out, they were lied to.

Que DE going in, changing the image to black out the kubrow and now state that the prime accessories do not include the gene masking kit.

As I sad before, you are kinda late to the party, and missed the lie that DE made in their prime access page before people started getting enraged, and now are further enraged due to the splitting of cosmetics.

Its like buying a cheese burger and you only get the cheese in your cheese burger when you buy a very expensive fries and a kids toy.

If the description has not changed then they didnt lie.

This seems to be a case of people rushing to buy without looking at what they buy.

And did anyone take a pic of the original?

some one photoshop the color back and lets see how "confusing" it is.

I do beleive we might have a bit of desparity in out posting time, so I will give you some time to read and catch up.

In the mean time, I will state that prime accessories do not tell you what they have, only show. As such, orginally, the prime kubrow image had a prime kubrow and the armor set, signifying you get the armor and gene kit.

No where was it stated originally that prime accessories did not have the gene kit, but it did show it had the kubrow and the armor. Instead, as it turns out, there is no gene kit in prime accessories, and DE quickly went in and changed it so the kubrow is blacked out, no longer showing that it comes with the gene kit.

Regardless though, on orginal release and for a few hours, the prime access page did truely have misleading and flasified advertisment and content.

DE, orignally, lied about what was in prime accessories.

Edit: De even stated they chaged the image to signify what the deals had, so there is also that as evidence.

Edited by kitsu

This seems to be a case of people rushing to buy without looking at what they buy.

Yes, how dare people trust DE to make it very clear that they're changing the way Prime Access packs have worked for almost two years.

Not to worry. People will be looking very closely indeed from now on, because they know they can no longer trust DE not to pull a slick one on them.

Edited by Kastorius

The masking kit includes a pattern that's reminiscent of Prime items and complements the armor's design, a white color that perfectly matches the white of the Prime armor, a gold color that perfectly matches the gold of the Prime armor, and a tan/brown that perfectly matches the tan/brown of the Prime armor.

Does that answer your question?

I dont have the kit but outside of the pattern it think the colors can be matched with what we got.

This is why i dont think this is a big loss.

The variation of some colors in this game is so faint that you cant probably tell them apart 95% of the time you are looking at them.

It's partially their fault, since they changed something (all exclusives being available with the accessory pack) that they've been doing since PA started. Since you get all the exclusives in every other PA accessory pack ever released, it's not a crazy assumption to think you'd get them in this one.

They have always changed the main packs so seeing this happens should not be that strange.

I guess is sucks for those crazy completionist but if you are that crazy... that's the price you got to pay.

Hey not to be a neigh sayer here but... I'm almost positive that DE doesn't really care very much what we want. No offense to them of course but we are a very small portion of the community and at the end of the day they're out to make money, not make us happy. But having said that I really do believe that this is one of the worst prime accesses and should at the very least get a price cut due to the lack of content we get for our money. I mean they didn't even give a syndana. Instead they gave a friggan weapon dangly and a very cool kubrow skin. They need to give it a price cut of 10 or more and/or put more into the bundle! I love you DE but I don't want to waste money and this time... You aren't getting my money. 

Don't buy it. Problem solved.

Allready chosen to spend money elsewhere... i think im going to buy DkS2: scholar of the first sin instead.

Also even if this gets fixed, im not going to buy it. Because by all means this wasnt a mistake, it was fully intented to be like this. They wanted get all profit. Over 130euros from console players(you could get 2 new games with that money, or two weeks food, if you are willing to spend that much, you need to think your life choices honestly) and 100 euros from PC users. Even EA and Activision would be like: "Dude, seriously?"

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

So what you are saying is that if you attempt to buy a phone and all the packaging artwork shows a phone and all the adverts show a phone, but in the packaging is actually a potato; then its 100% the consumer's fault for being mislead because fine print says its a potato? 

I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/red-bull-settles-13-million-lawsuit-over-false-adverti-1642741312

They have always changed the main packs so seeing this happens should not be that strange.

I guess is sucks for those crazy completionist but if you are that crazy... that's the price you got to pay.

Eh, well, $50 for the exclusive items and the boosts is reasonable to me (and apparently lots of other people), $100 is not. We're just voicing that.

Hey not to be a neigh sayer here but... I'm almost positive that DE doesn't really care very much what we want. No offense to them of course but we are a very small portion of the community and at the end of the day they're out to make money, not make us happy. But having said that I really do believe that this is one of the worst prime accesses and should at the very least get a price cut due to the lack of content we get for our money. I mean they didn't even give a syndana. Instead they gave a friggan weapon dangly and a very cool kubrow skin. They need to give it a price cut of 10 or more and/or put more into the bundle! I love you DE but I don't want to waste money and this time... You aren't getting my money. 

I know they read these forums and I think they definitely care - especially if a lot of people aren't buying the accessories pack who otherwise would. They've made changes in the past based on community feedback.

Edited by xveganrox

I dont have the kit but outside of the pattern it think the colors can be matched with what we got.

This is why i dont think this is a big loss.

You're wrong about that, particularly the gold color, which aside from white is the hallmark of Primes.

If it's not a big loss, then why not include it in the cosmetics pack in the first place? I think you know why.

That's ridiculous! You're telling me I need to spend $100 if I want the accessories? Are you kidding me? Then what's the point of the accessories pack in the first place? This just feels like a money grab. Yet another backhand to the player base.

Why do you think they put the Mantis behind such a grind wall?

You guessed it! So people pay up for platinum.

DE, don't go EA on us.

Edit: Considering the fact that the petition thread to make Clem's Clone blueprint reusable, that got a lot of attention from the players, was completely ignored by DE I doubt they'll change this either. Unless they've actually been considering that other thread although I myself have not seen any feedback on it.

Edited by Senpai-Pie