Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(De's Have Responded) They Have Fixed Prime Access!

Vanist

Easy dude... Idc if you think this is a "money grab". It's a FREE 2 PLAY game and the only way DE makes money is by offering things like this. I paid for Prime Access and do you think that $139.99 is gonna pay for even 1 DEVELOPERS workday? Pfft yeah right... Let alone when Prime Access only rotates every 3 months...

All you "entitled" players out there... These guys put out a great product for free (albeit on the surface) but DE is entitled to try and make money someway. This way they can keep finding their efforts to continue supporting this game. You don't like it, go play something else...

Edited for spelling :-)

Maybe so, but on the other side of looking at it as a business- you cant change the way you provide a service spur of the moment and not expect there to be social and monetary backlash of epic proportions. 

Please please DE, dont go the way of archeage....fix this :(

well the only reply from DE on this topic we managed to get in design council is this one: http://i.imgur.com/OKspYkC.jpg

so dont think that anything gonna change, or future prime access deliveries will be the same as before.

That's...really saddening, actually.  I'm going to try to keep a good thought because I don't know the whole situation, but I'm wary now...  Ugh.

Maybe so, but on the other side of looking at it as a business- you cant change the way you provide a service spur of the moment and not expect there to be social and monetary backlash of epic proportions. 

Please please DE, dont go the way of archeage....fix this :(

Exactly the point. Threads like these only serve to increase business for the company. The solution for reduced sales or increase operational costs is not always to raise prices. 

Let's wait for an official response rather than getting torn up by what ClemBot said.  I agree that they were very clumsy things to say, because yes it is your business but we are your customers (we appreciate what you do, but don't make the mistake of thinking we owe you), but I'm sure the actual response will be more graceful and he wasn't speaking on behalf of all of DE.

Exactly the point. Threads like these only serve to increase business for the company. The solution for reduced sales or increase operational costs is not always to raise prices. 

I fail to see how a thread that can potentially cause a lot of players to boycott the prime access altogether because of a sudden change in a business's manner of service be beneficial to it. This thread started because of how the Prime Accessory packs no longer contain all the exclusive accessories from the prime access like how it used to and forces the player to purchase at least the first tier in order to get another cosmetic item. Even if the gene masking set isn't technically an accessory, you could obtain all the gear from the first two tiers minus the profile icons all for free before and only had to pay for the prime accessories pack if you really wanted it for cosmetics. Now is no longer the case. Please enlighten me.

Edit: Forgive me, I misunderstood your statement. I'm assuming you meant that the suggestions provided in this thread will help the business as it's customer feedback. In which case, I wholeheartedly agree. A good business is one that forms a good customer relationship which has a better probability of repeat purchase in the future.

Edited by CrescentWind

Let's wait for an official response rather than getting torn up by what ClemBot said.  I agree that they were very clumsy things to say, because yes it is your business but we are your customers (we appreciate what you do, but don't make the mistake of thinking we owe you), but I'm sure the actual response will be more graceful and he wasn't speaking on behalf of all of DE.

In essence we ARE your business. Your business would not have reached where it is if it weren't for many here, and won't continue to exist without us. 

Like i said before I really hope there is more context to those statements and not just another a clumsy statement that needs a clarification. 

I fail to see how a thread that can potentially cause a lot of players to boycott the prime access altogether because of a sudden change in a business's manner of service be beneficial to it. 

Because people are free to express their dissatisfaction with a product if they wish to. Whether they do it here or elsewhere or not at all, the sales will do the talking. 

If your customers are providing the expectations via feedback, then it can only serve to strengthen the business planning process. 

Edited by SandmanTT

Because people are free to express their dissatisfaction with a product if they wish to. Whether the do it here or elsewhere or not at all, the sales will do the talking. 

If your customers are providing the expectations via feedback, then it can only serve to strengthen the business planning process. 

Yes, I only realized what you meant shortly afterwards. I agree. Listening to customer feedback is just as important as trying to increase sales through a some "clever marketing" because if left unsolved, it will cause sales to drop in the long run which is actually a lot harder to remedy.

Edited by CrescentWind

So you free to consider it more or less official.

I'm also free to not.  I get what you're saying, and I agree that it's frustrating and hurtful, but let's try not to get even more upset until they post something.  It's just not helpful, it doesn't really accomplish anything.  If, of course, the official statement says something similar, well.  Then we'll have a problem.  But until then I don't want us to make DE feel unfairly attacked.  It might make them less willing to consider where we're coming from.

I'm just tired of prime keychains. Seriously one of the worst cosmetic items to be put in prime acesss. Just a bad prime acessories all around. Not to mention prime access isn't great either. Trinity is awesome but dual kamas, come on better weapons to be primed.

I'm just tired of prime keychains. Seriously one of the worst cosmetic items to be put in prime acesss. Just a bad prime acessories all around. Not to mention prime access isn't great either. Trinity is awesome but dual kamas, come on better weapons to be primed.

Easy dude... Idc if you think this is a "money grab". It's a FREE 2 PLAY game and the only way DE makes money is by offering things like this. I paid for Prime Access and do you think that $139.99 is gonna pay for even 1 DEVELOPERS workday? Pfft yeah right... Let alone when Prime Access only rotates every 3 months...

All you "entitled" players out there... These guys put out a great product for free (albeit on the surface) but DE is entitled to try and make money someway. This way they can keep finding their efforts to continue supporting this game. You don't like it, go play something else...

Edited for spelling :-)

Lol yeah, so the best way to keep the bucks coming in is to antagonise the players that actually pay? Great strategy!

This isn't a bunch of free to players whining about the grind.

This thread was created by paying customers who feel cheated at worst and dissapointed at best, not good for business either way.

Exploiting the people who are already supporting them doesn't seem right and this seems to be targeting the most vulnerable, the collectors, those compelled to "catch em all".

The sad thing is it is all so unnecessary, if you want to seek more pa's just make them more attractive. If you think access is lacking, add another weapon. It's not like they have to ration them, they have more than they can ever prime anyway and how long can it take to add some bling to an existing model?

For the accessories, there is no way you can justify a sugatra, sorry but no. Every week there is a new thread about misa or targis. They don't even need to do market research, it's dropped in their lap on a weekly basis. Not saying re-release those but they can see what people want.

This PA was poor from the start, splitting the cosmetics in the manner they did just made it worse and people who bought or planned to buy have a right to voice their dissatisfaction. These are the people DE ignore at their peril.

Edited by (PS4)obsidiancurse

I don't know how you guys feel cheated considering you got exactly what you paid for. We are arguing about a cosmetic that does not effect the game in anyway. Does it make more sense to put the color with the armor? Yes, However DE probably wanted to give more incentive to buy the PA pack. And they are allowed to do that, and you are allowed to not buy it. To get this mad over colors just makes me sad to see.

Usually I don't talk much on forum, hell I don't even comment on anything, but I have to say I'm very dissapointed.  The whole point of the Prime Accessories Kit is to get the EXCLUSIVE items, but surprise, surprise - one of the EXCLUSIVE ACCESSORIES is only avialable in the Prime Access Kit, not the Prime Accessories Kit.

You can expect a complaint letter from me in the near future DE.  If I would have known that I wouldn't have gotten all the exclusive items (with the exception of the aavatar of course) I probably wouldn't have bought it.

I don't know how you guys feel cheated considering you got exactly what you paid for. We are arguing about a cosmetic that does not effect the game in anyway. Does it make more sense to put the color with the armor? Yes, However DE probably wanted to give more incentive to buy the PA pack. And they are allowed to do that, and you are allowed to not buy it. To get this mad over colors just makes me sad to see.

And you think splitting the prime accessories into two individual packs both worth £33 is good value for your money? You're right, they tell us what we're getting, but we're overpaying grossly for something than in all essence should already be in the prime accessories pack

well the only reply from DE on this topic we managed to get in design council is this one: http://i.imgur.com/OKspYkC.jpg

so dont think that anything gonna change, or future prime access deliveries will be the same as before.

Damn DE. That seems uncalled for. I understand having people constantly critiquing your decisions can get exhausting, but you guys are running a free to play game and open yourselves up to criticism. We give feedback because we care about the game and the majority of the design council put their wallet where their mouth is.

That response is unprofessional.

I foresee a tendency... in the next PA  we get all parts of the prime weapon in the packs, except the BP, which is in the accessories. Seriously, what were they thinking spiting up the collar and armour?

Not to mention the Prime colour gene kit....

And you think splitting the prime accessories into two individual packs both worth £33 is good value for your money? You're right, they tell us what we're getting, but we're overpaying grossly for something than in all essence should already be in the prime accessories pack

If you think it's too much for you then don't buy it. You have that right, I never said you didn't. This is here for those that want to support DE and they get a little bonus for doing so. I understand your guys frustration but this is a little crazy even for me.

In that case we should just ditch Prime Accessories and go back to Ember Prime days where you had ti pay 140 USD fir Misa Prime. It's just cosmetics, we aren't allowed to complain, right?