Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vanist

(De's Have Responded) They Have Fixed Prime Access!

I really can't see DE not backpedalling on this and including the masking kit in the accessory pack with a fix.

If they don't... I'm pretty sure it's gonna hurt them in the long run.

Fool me once...

really hope your right, I'm giving them 24 hours before I demand a refund on my prime access.

Agreed. This is bad. 

I became a Prime Access Accessories purchaser last month, just before Ash's stuff disappeared. I prefer to farm and earn in-game prime gear with my friends and packmates, but am happy to fork out for the boosters and the shiny unearnable accessories. To then tell us that an unearnable thing is not included in the package that is supposed to specifically contain the unearnable things is highly souring on the concept of buying Trin's accessory access, to say the least. 

This should be rectified, or you can count mine among the voices that will not buy this accessory pack.

Is it a bad move on DE's part? Yes

Is it worth quitting the game? At worst it's a money grab (which I always considered Prime Access to be anyway), at best its a mistake. While I will not support DE's decision, threatening to quit the game over colors seem petty and will not change the developper's opinions. Calmly state how it is wrong and not buying the pack or ask for a refund if you already done so seems to be a much better solution.

Is it worth quitting the game? At worst it's a money grab (which I always considered Prime Access to be anyway), at best its a mistake. While I will not support DE's decision, threatening to quit the game over colors seem petty and will not change the developper's opinions. Calmly state how it is wrong and not buying the pack or ask for a refund if you already done so seems to be a much better solution.

This was infact my intent, not to rage or quit, but to voice this injustice. I want it fixed, but I'm not quitting over it. I will try to get my money back or fight them on it if I can, however a rage quit was never my intention nor stated by me at all. In video games its the community that matters, and the developers may make the games, but if they want us to play them, then they should heed us. ( remember the outcry in mass effect 3 that got the ending improved? ( if only slightly) I feel if we voice ourselves strongly enough, they will listen.

Either make the gene masking kit drop. Or include it in the accessory pack with the armor. It is literally un-obtainable without having to spend an extra 50$ on top of the 50$ you spend on the accessory pack. Dissapointing, very dissapointing.

well hasnt this post grown quite large, still im glad peopel are voicing themselves

I doubt there's any chance of this changing now, people have already spent money to get their Primed Kubrows. 

It was the exact situation back when Ember Prime was released and people were paying 140 USD to get Misa Prime. The idea of Prime Accessories packages came up, but it simply wasn't fair to the people that had already laid down such a huge amount of money. Therefore, they kept the package the way it was, and implemented Prime Accessories on all future ones.

Actually, considering Trinity replaced Ember Prime, it's somewhat ironic they've both got this dubious market implementation XD

It's really not that hard, though. Anyone who bought the dog gets to keep it. That's easy enough. Now move it to the other pack so that anyone who buys the accessory pack gets the gene masking kit and it comes out of the Well of Life pack. Problem solved.

Is it worth quitting the game? At worst it's a money grab (which I always considered Prime Access to be anyway), at best its a mistake. While I will not support DE's decision, threatening to quit the game over colors seem petty and will not change the developer's opinions.

Yes, it's worth quitting the game. This wasn't a mistake, and that is further enforced by the lack of a change to the Packs, and instead a change to the FAQ. As @Acidulant stated, it's less about the colors and it's more a matter of principle. If the expected behavior is constant money-grabbing, even if it's for just a single cosmetic (that costs $50, by the way), then it's an ecosystem that I'd rather not be a part of and DE is a company I'd rather not support. It's that simple. It's a shame, too. Warframe was the only game that managed to keep me coming back. I guess I'll have to find something else.

It's really not that hard, though. Anyone who bought the dog gets to keep it. That's easy enough. Now move it to the other pack so that anyone who buys the accessory pack gets the gene masking kit and it comes out of the Well of Life pack. Problem solved.

Yes, it's worth quitting the game. This wasn't a mistake, and that is further enforced by the lack of a change to the Packs, and instead a change to the FAQ. As @Acidulant stated, it's less about the colors and it's more a matter of principle. If the expected behavior is constant money-grabbing, even if it's for just a single cosmetic (that costs $50, by the way), then it's an ecosystem that I'd rather not be a part of and DE is a company I'd rather not support. It's that simple.

yucess, on 06 Oct 2015 - 7:34 PM, said:snapback.png

This was infact my intent, not to rage or quit, but to voice this injustice. I want it fixed, but I'm not quitting over it. I will try to get my money back or fight them on it if I can, however a rage quit was never my intention nor stated by me at all. In video games its the community that matters, and the developers may make the games, but if they want us to play them, then they should heed us. ( remember the outcry in mass effect 3 that got the ending improved? ( if only slightly) I feel if we voice ourselves strongly enough, they will listen.

I fully understand your intent. I'm sharing mine. I don't believe that the way DE is treating this is right by their players, and as such, I've chosen to stop supporting them as a company. That may just be the way I see it, but that is the way I see it.

Is it worth quitting the game? 

Well, it's worth not buying Prime Access this quarter. That should be enough.

Extracted this from the Prime Access FAQ for clarity:

What gear is exclusive/not exclusive?
The Prime Access Program offers Exclusive access to a handful of items:

90-Day Credit and Affinity Boosters (Regular 3 and 7-Day Boosters are available for purchase in-game).

Trinity Prime Avatar Pack (Regular Trinity Avatar pack available for purchase in-game)

Naviga Prime Sugatra

Kavasa Kubrow Prime Armor

Kavasa Kubrow Prime Gene Masking Kit

The items that are not exclusive to the program and can be found in-game include:

Trinity Prime (can be found in the Void and crafted)

Dual Kamas Prime (can be found in the Void and crafted)

Kavasa Kubrow Prime Collar (can be found in the Void and crafted)

Incubator Upgrade Segment (can be purchased in the Marketplace)

Some one please tell me why the MASKING KIT is EXCLUSIVE, but not in the prime ACCESSORIES pack... its part of the prime access. I aint buying both, I'm aware via reddit and forums that people are displeased. I'm aware via Sheldon's twitter that the MASKING KIT is ONLY in the access pack (??? but its exclusive...) If I cant get it in the accessories pack, I aint buying sht. Yet another sketchy business tactic to try and get people to buy both. I was considering getting this one too... (Last one I got was Nyx access $139) but im not going along with this "scheme" to try and get people to buy both packs for all the exclusives. The skin should be part of the prime accessories pack. Yeah I'm upset. I work retail and DE is trying to "force" customers to buy both packs if they want everything as opposed to keeping exclusives in the accessories pack. Watch DE try and play it off like "oops its an accident" Sheldons twitter comment is clearly NON-ACCIDENTAL.

m4ll3Gl.png

Lets read this again:

What gear is exclusive/not exclusive?

The Prime Access Program offers Exclusive access to a handful of items:

90-Day Credit and Affinity Boosters (Regular 3 and 7-Day Boosters are available for purchase in-game).

Trinity Prime Avatar Pack (Regular Trinity Avatar pack available for purchase in-game)

Naviga Prime Sugatra

Kavasa Kubrow Prime Armor

Kavasa Kubrow Prime Gene Masking Kit

The items that are not exclusive to the program and can be found in-game include:

Trinity Prime (can be found in the Void and crafted)

Dual Kamas Prime (can be found in the Void and crafted)

Kavasa Kubrow Prime Collar (can be found in the Void and crafted)

Incubator Upgrade Segment (can be purchased in the Marketplace)

What they should do is offer refunds to everyone who bought any of the packages, delete any items/plat they received from it and amend the pack. It has to be done on this scale because if the gene masking kit was merely moved to accesories or included in-game when crafting the collar those who bought the pack solely for the gene masking kit would complain to no end (and that would cause more unhappiness).

Sure it's sounds ludicrous and from a business perspective is a scary concept losing so much money but if it was fixed then everyone would rebuy what they bought before + more people would be willing to buy content.

It's logical and beneficial on both ends. Even if DE was money grabbing doing the above would lead to more people willing to purchase content which means more income and the players themselves get what they want/should deserve for their value and everyone's happy.

What they should do is offer refunds to everyone who bought any of the packages, delete any items/plat they received from it and amend the pack. It has to be done on this scale because if the gene masking kit was merely moved to accesories or included in-game when crafting the collar those who bought the pack solely for the gene masking kit would complain to no end (and that would cause more unhappiness).

Sure it's sounds ludicrous and from a business perspective is a scary concept losing so much money but if it was fixed then everyone would rebuy what they bought before + more people would be willing to buy content.

It's logical and beneficial on both ends. Even if DE was money grabbing doing the above would lead to more people willing to purchase content which means more income and the players themselves get what they want/should deserve for their value and everyone's happy.

see now this i can really get behind! i support it

I'm not getting the Prime Accessories pack if it doesn't include all the Prime Accessories. That's kind of the whole point.

I wasn't exited about this access and didn't plan on purchasing it but I do understand why people are upset. Prime access is already expensive...I hope that this doesn't become the norm for prime access...because DE might lose some of their most loyal customers.

I'll only buy the accessory pack if the gene masking kit with the colors is in it as well.

Yeah, this.  Once I heard about prime kubrow cosmetics I ran to look at Prime Access, and then my heart sank.

I'm not buying it like this.  I'm kind of repulsed that they did this.  I get that you want this Prime Access pack to feel like more than a frame and a weapon so people will want to buy it, DE, but consider how many people are refusing to buy it because of that same decision.

Just include the gene masking kit in the accessory pack, too.  Some overlap once might pay off.  This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Plus the editing of the FAQ without acknowledgement or explanation of the edit does not sit well with me.

THIS^^^ Is the type of thing that boggles me.

They want to try a new internal business structure for PA? 

Fine.

They want to modify precedents about PA?

Fine.

They want to do all of this, with clear intent, without even the slightest heads up beforehand or acknowledgement of it afterwards?

Nuh-uh, that ain't gonna fly. 

It's DE's game and they can do whatever they want with it, but I don't support them so long as they are not proactively transparent about issues like these. An explanation is all most of us want - then later we can have a discussion as to whether or not it's the right direction for the game or its business model.

No one benefits when things look shady.

isnt that the point of the PA accesory pack?

to get all the non farmable exclusives without buying the full thing?

really hope this is an oversight ive been regularly buying the accessory pack last few pa and this is kinda a slap in the face kinda thinking about asking for a refund...

•  

Yep, the FAQ has been adjusted it seems :/

"Can I purchase just the Exclusive items?

Yes, the Exclusive Prime gear can be purchased in the Prime Accessories Pack that is available separate from the rest of the Prime Packs. The only Exclusive items not included in the Prime Accessories are the Prime Avatars and Gene Masking kit, those are for purchase with the Prime Access Packs"

Isn't that the point of PA Accessories? To get the unobtainable stuff i.e. prime cosmetics/appearance?

So underhanded and an attempt to get more money. Thank you DE for reminding me how out of touch you still are.

so has anyone actualy gotten a refund for the accessories pack?

the one that may or may not be a trick?

good luck to anyone who got burnt by this regardless

So the collar is craftable. Good... Thats all I wanted from this release. :)

So the collar is craftable. Good... Thats all I wanted from this release. :)

the one that gives you 10 shields and 16 health?

careful don't wanna get too OP

And for the outrage against these "sleazy" moves you will get a free potato and a booster (or a minor buff here and there) and be expected to sit in your corner and hush?