Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(De's Have Responded) They Have Fixed Prime Access!

Vanist

Right idea, bad implementation.

De definitely needs to update their pricing and numbers due to the game having changed and evolved throughout the months, leaving the old system to be quite outdated.

Starting from the top, foundry rush is ok as is, cause, seriously, it is not like it is taking a week to make anything, 12 hours to 3 days tops. Now forma build time is another problem for another time...

Allowing prime access cosmetics to be purchased seperately would greatly increase those sales, since the lower the hanging fruit, the more people will reach for it.

Rare core packs seriously needs updating, due to primed mods needing 550+ r5 cores. Packs should be somewhere in the 10-20 range with rare core chances.

90 plat to 5-10 million credits is way too much. Somewhere in the 150k range for 90 plat would be far more reasonable. (600 plat to reach 1 million)

Color palates is fine. Maybe flash sales from darvo.

And bundles, that is a beast that needs a complete rework, right down to the game world drop rates.

On topic though, splitting cosmetics into two rewards, when one is specifcly designed for cosmetics is a new low.

DE, this kind of practice is what makes whales and devoted players not spend money and leave

I love seeing how you are going about with year of quality.

Definitely a great way to push away paying customers so that only the elite and few will pay.

How are those whales feeding you these days DE? Hope it is enough since that is all you will be getting at this rate sadly.

I strongly disagree with your lowered values. Value to Value is the reason I chose the amounts I did. Consider how much Plat costs. Consider the vain fluidity of the ingame items (consumable) Considering I can get 5 stacks of r5's in trade chat for 2p I put my current value of 50 r5's for 80p is generous. All being rare. No point at all for "chance of rare" none whatsoever. Paying players pay. Paying players won't buy garbage.  I will not buy from this PRIME pack this round as it currently is sketchy. Hundreds of players have requested Foundry rush cost be lowered to related time... 25-75 plat for a rush is rather expensive... An implement of 100% rush cost to 10% rush cost BASED on 100%-10% time remaining... is absurdly simple to implement.

Prime collar boosts are so low, players are scoffing it as gold toilet paper.

@Silverback I think you missed the point of this thread.

We would be glad to buy the accessories pack in real money if only they didn't separate the cosmetics in two different packs (Which is the point and title of this thread and the first time DE ever did that I believe).

It definitely feels like the Marketing department was running an experiment to see how much they could get away with. My opinion : they've gone too far this time and have began treading into Activision's territory.

Edited by lukaself

all the gene masking kit is three (arguably okay) colors and a pretty meh fur pattern.... if it was able to farm wes see a "why is this useless thing in rotation diluting the table?" thead instead. either way not everyone would be happy ;p

really its not as big as a deal as it seems to me.

Let's make moooore money!

Sw454OW.jpg

DE not know what to do with the kubrows, even on a pack that is purchased with real money.

I was looking for that pic... Yep the Sunika prime kubrow was trashed, and recycled into a prime ACCESS (not accessories) pack =/ har.

The collar provides actual benefits to the kubrow. The armor is merely decoration. I see no problem with it. If you couldn't farm for the collar then I'd be miffed. However, anyone can acquire it. I'm not sure what the problem is.

TWENTY shield, 10 HEALTH to be exact. That's not even useful on mercury/venus.

all the gene masking kit is three (arguably okay) colors and a pretty meh fur pattern.... if it was able to farm wes see a "why is this useless thing in rotation diluting the table?" thead instead. either way not everyone would be happy ;p

its more the principle of the thing

the prime accessories pack has always since its start; had all the exclusive stuff

this is the first time it dosen't and there wasen't any real indication it didn't until you'd already bought the pack and fallen for the "trick"

the faq was also apperiently edited to reflect this change after many had already bought the pack thinking they got all the exclusives for this round

only to find out later that they really didn't and would have to buy another pack to get that last exclusive cosmetic to complete the set

DE's silence on the matter is pretty off putting as well

no quick hotfix

no explination

no nothing

according to twitter or w/e an offical response will happen within 24 hours or so

whether its PR BS or a real explination, we'll have to see

Edited by FoxyKabam

It definitely feels like the Marketing department was running an experiment to see how much they could get away with. My opinion : they've gone too far this time and have began treading into Activision's territory.

I have been saying this for some time now. It pretty much confirmed that this is the effect of this PA whether intentional or not. DE can now gauge comfortably what people are willing and not willing to accept. 

Of course there are other ways to do this, luckily for them, wine is quick, but whiskey's quicker. 

Edit:

Also the silence is a clear indication that this was not well thought of, as we are all pretty sure they have read enough of these posts to get the idea of our outcry. Also pretty much the reason this thread is even existence still. 

Edited by SandmanTT

The collar provides actual benefits to the kubrow. The armor is merely decoration. I see no problem with it. If you couldn't farm for the collar then I'd be miffed. However, anyone can acquire it. I'm not sure what the problem is.

The thread is taking issue with a gene-masking kit that is available only in Prime Access, and is not in Prime Accessories nor obtainable in game.

EDIT: Well, among other things.

Edited by Cinderfox

I can't speak for most, but many such as my self don't necessarily care about the actual changes to the model themselves. If they want to divvy up items in the packs like this then so be it. Fine sure whatever, that's their decision and I hope they're happy with it.

What I and many others are not content with is the shadiness of this whole process. No prior notice. No clarification or explanation as to the reasons why. Amending established precedents without any acknowledgement. THAT is the problem here.  

It's not the collar people are bothered by, it's the color pack, which is only available in the (non-accessory) Prime Access. The color pack is an exclusive accessory, but it's not available in the Prime Accessory pack. To get all the exclusive accessories you have to pay at least $100 - $50 more than usual, for the one extra accessory.

What I and many others are not content with is the shadiness of this whole process. No prior notice. No clarification or explanation as to the reasons why. Amending established precedents without any acknowledgement. THAT is the problem here.  

For most of the posts here, THIS IS THE ISSUE. 

We can't accept the whole "its a bug, here's a bandaid and a potato" or "it was not intended to be released for so and so.." 

Foundry rush cost reduced by time remaining.

PRIME ACCESSORIES PACKS sold seperate of 90 day boosters @ $15-20 for EXCLUSIVE cosmetics.

50 r5 cores for 80 plat (currently 3 RANDOM cores for 80 plat... thievery, players agree)

90 plat for 5-10 million credits (currently 90 PLAT for 30,000 credits...)

Color palates 20-30 plat (currently 75 plat// $5 each...)

REDUCE Bundle prices for items already owned from the bundle... self explanatory

All the other plat costs in the market are rather agreeable... but the ones above realllly should be considered to see an improvement in sales.

Also... dont try to con players into buying 2 access/accessory packs to get all the "exclusive cosmetic accessories" 

Please re-quote this if you agree. As a working adult I understand warframe is a business that needs money. Then make you're marketable goods palatable to the consumer. xD Current plat purchase price (even though its totally vanity) is fair enough, the %'s off every so often is fair enough (pro players realize and will not buy plat unless its %75 off tho...) Only the above examples while LEAVING THE REST OF THE MARKET ALONE would increase sales aka GROSS PRODUCT without saturating and decreasing value or profit from the playerbase.

This is ALSO not the first time this has been mentioned... ... ... ... ...

This is a proper fix.

Also... dont try to con players into buying 2 access/accessory packs to get all the "exclusive cosmetic accessories" 

They are not coning anyone.

If you want the colors and fur pattern along with the accessories you can purchase the Blessing pack.

@Silverback I think you missed the point of this thread.

We would be glad to buy the accessories pack in real money if only they didn't separate the cosmetics in two different packs (Which is the point and title of this thread and the first time DE ever did that I believe).

They are not getting away with anything.

The accessory packs always included 2 accessories, like this one does, and the main packs have changed on what they include from time to time.

8 pages later, waiting on a fix. Clearly, this is false advertisement. Which has more repercussions than anything gained by trying to coerce players into buying TWO packs...

They didnt falsely advertise anything or are coercing you into anything.

You make a choice on what you want to buy.

You want the armor and dangly bit? Get the acces pack. You want the colors and fur pattern with d-kamas and the collar? Get the standard packs.

No gene masking kit in prime accessories, no purchase from me.

Cosmetics should stay in the cosmetic pack for the already exorbitant 50 USD

Access packs has cosmetics. They just decided to add one to the main packs. 

Right after the whole PW debacle, I remember reading an interesting post. The thread has probably been deleted, so going from memory here.

"Just because they have signed an agreement, doesn't mean they have done anything, yet. I'm not going to rage quit or cause a fuss, but I will be watching you, like a hawk."

Things have been getting bad lately, and DE are refusing to fix the most loudly vocalized issues, namely RNG. To start with, Arcane Enhancements which have a <1% drop rate on a 24 hour cooldown. Next up, supposedly fixing the Void drop rate by removing old parts, but in reality, just removing almost all parts from A/B rotations and shifting more than half of the remaining drops to rotation C on T3/T4 missions. Most recently, there's the Archwing part nonsense, again, and to top it off, the unbelievably ludicrous rarity of the Mantis parts, which spawn from Reinforced Containers with an estimated spawn rate of 1% and that you have to look for, and you have to spend about 10 minutes searching a level, and find three. I average finding one naturally every 300-500 hours playtime. That is rare. Really? 1000 hours of RNG grind for the Mantis? 

DE are shamelessly moneygrabbing at this point, and the PA is just the latest thing.

I'm also disappointed with the constantly dwindling Prime content packs. It used to be a frame + 2 weapons, then it was a frame, a weapon and a Sentinel, but we are basically down to one frame, one weapon now.

Edited by Kthal

Access packs has cosmetics. They just decided to add one to the main packs. 

Prime Accessories pack always had all the exclusive items. Even earlier today in the FAQ it said that Prime Accessories offers all the exclusive items. They stealth changed it after someone pointed that out. This Prime Accessories pack does not have all the exclusive items, and the price for all exclusive items has doubled from $50 to $100. That is why people are unhappy.

I've played Warframe since 2013. Have thousands of hours into the game, DE have long been among my favorite game developers around, and very rarely have ever felt the need to post anything to the forums.

This is an exception, this instance of clearly intentional money-grabbing is infuriating and absolutely unacceptable. For as long as Prime Access has been a thing, the main packs contained the normal farmable drops and plat, and the accessory pack has contained all the cosmetic-only accessories, until now. I bought the accessory pack with the expectation of only a few things: All of the cosmetics that can't be obtained traditionally in-game (with the exception of profile icons, which has long been the case), and a couple of 90 day boosts. With all of the people stating desires for cheaper accessory packs that don't include boosters, I think it should be very clear that most of us that buy the accessory packs are doing so for said accessories. That it was not made clear that the cosmetic-only gene masking kit that can't be farmed for or in any other way obtained is not included in the accessory pack that is meant specifically for the purpose of cosmetic-only items that can't be farmed for or in any other way obtained is ridiculous, that they went so far as to change the FAQ just to cover this move only makes it look more shady. An oversight is forgivable, trying to force people to spend $100 just to get everything that should have been in the $50 accessory pack is not.

My suggestions for a fix: retroactively add the gene-masking kit to the accessory pack, for everyone who bought it and everyone who will buy it going forward, we know very well you have the tech to do things like this. Even leave it in the other packs so as not to screw over the people who did buy the non-accessory packs. It's just a couple of colors and a simple design for our space-doggies, there's no reason not to do this.

Personally, I'm giving it a few days or until the next hot-fix at least to see what comes of this. If nothing changes, support is going to be getting a message from me demanding a refund.

Do right by your loyal customers, DE. Earn back our trust.

I can't find a white knight picture I like

just pretend there is one

if anything i said was wrong, please correct me.

Prime Accessories pack always had all the exclusive items. Even earlier today in the FAQ it said that Prime Accessories offers all the exclusive items. They stealth changed it after someone pointed that out. This Prime Accessories pack does not have all the exclusive items, and the price for all exclusive items has doubled from $50 to $100. That is why people are unhappy.

Like i said, the access packs always had 2 cosmetics and it still does. This time around they decided to add another cosmetic to the main packs. Which isnt even that much of a special thing. Im a kubrow person and if this was a new kubrow model then we would have an issue. But the masking kit is two white, TWO WHITES, we already have like 5 whites available. A gold color and a patterns thats hardly anything super unique. They probably added this after some one pointed out that the collar is really nothing too cool.

If this was some completely new thing that was mega unique then i would be complaining but 1 new color, 2 variations on a color we have several of already, and a pattern with a few stripes is not something im going to flip out about.

As long as DE doesnt move past this type of cosmetic i dont have an issue.

They're not going to change it. They already took people's money. Besides, the armor isn't even good looking for the kubrow. Looks like it was designed and submitted this morning

Beauty is subjective, especially in this game. At any rate a response from DE would be a good place to start, and if they don't change it this time, at least they will think about it before trying it again.

Edited by xRufus7x