Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict Defense: Rotation C Is Filled With Void Keys (And It's Never Ending)

Jotaro_Kujo

So, as my friend and I have tried just yesterday and today, We both did ODD, approximately 10 times each and got to wave 20, rotation C.

The reward, was the same, Tower II whatever

Now, this wouldn't be an issue/new problem here (I've read a hearty amount of complaint threads), however its unbelievable, as the drop rate is ridiculously diluted and its practically impossible to get what you need though sheer tedious boredom and frustration.

This is 10 times in a row I got the same T2 key, over and over again, two different people's results. Really? Trinity Prime just got announced and I found out her BP drops on ODD, and after trying 10 times over and over again, it got to the point of where I wanted to chuck my monitor and keyboard out my window. Seriously DE. Didn't you say you wanted to reduce the grind? Where's that lesser grind, hmmm?

"How about instead of having void and derelict area's drop keys, make it the lower lever missions that drop them and the void and derelict for forma (but not as something in every mission) and prime gear pieces, because for too long has it been like this. TEN, TEN MISSIONS in a row on a high level derelict, and all I got for it was a T2 key, every, time." My friend, Sol1423

^A solution he came up with after recovering from that mess. I just want primed lobster tail medic.

EDIT: Fellow Tenno MooseRider posted this on the 5th page of Update patch 17.6: "Just did 50 rounds of ODD. No parts for kama or trin, I guess I'll go again..."

Wow and I thought we had it bad...

EDIT No. 2: This is the now 12th time in a row we have gotten a key on C rotation.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=531050667/image

FINAL EDIT: RNGsus has smiled upon me, and granted me Trinity Prime BP after what feels like an eternity of farming.

Edited by Jotaro_Kujo

I just completed my second round, i mean, failed. In the first round we got only keys and U5 core. In the second round, we went until wave 35, no prime parts. Then host ragequits and i lose all my cores, neurodes, orokin cells and R5s.

Did DE really put prime stuff on derelict missions? I HAVE SERIOUS DOUBTS NOW.

Ok so The mission gives us keys and/or cores after wave 5, 10 and 15 and now wave 20?. But I remember you (DE) changed the drop tables so that NO KEY would give at wave 20. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember "Guaranteed Prime Part at wave 20 or after 20 mins on Survival" 

Derelict Defense, not survival; but yea you make a valid point man

<p>DE, if you ever read this thread, not trying to be mean, i am a person that would spend S#&$ tons of money on your game just so you could do more, but i feel ripped the F*** off, if WHAT EVER caused these keys to happen is because of you, then you have let me down, if it's a glitch, please, reimburse me for this F*** up, i'm not asking for an insane amount of plat, all i want is the valkyr skin i was getting the plat for via the guarentied prime drop YOU PROMISED us, please, it's all i ask</p>

<p> </p>

<p>http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/572313256309408276/E1C0B88349D487409B36D47097815A7C1879C2B3/</p>

<p>http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/572313256309408178/51E45E76DDA74F4C5E0086D39492BB91A65660A2/</p>

<p>http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/572313256307434017/26DD4EA628B5DE2AF3214E11C3F46E5DA59F4896/</p>

<p>http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/572313256307433935/20CA64D1A7AC73C471919288C34D974E69039A91/</p>

<p>http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/572313256307433849/F6BD40C27464508B011132A85A2A183DB78E03A9/</p>

<p>http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/572313256307433616/3781799E5FF35972A7FCD9BFFCD89986EA060192/</p>

Edited by Sol51423

Thank you. Btw i mentioned survival because if I'm not mistaken, "Guaranteed prime part" was promised on both defense and survival missions.

Wow, DE needs to really fix this then. How do they expect anyone to farm for trinity prime if her BP wont ever drop?

If you don't source where you "remember" them saying that then it has literally no meaning whatsoever.

I tried to farm for ember prime BP before it left the void, and I did 50+ ODD and 12+ T4D in the hopes of ember BP dropping and it never did. I spoke to two very different people during the last two ODDs I did, one had done EIGHTY TWO ODDs without it dropping, and the other had 1k plat from farming ODD for ember bp, he was getting it every 5-6 missions.

WHICH IS OBSCENE.

The solution is to have pseudo random drop tables instead of just random. LIke imagine flipping a coin, if you get heads, the likelihood of you getting heads next time is 50%. as you're in control of the %s make it so its only like 25% chance of getting heads.

If you don't source where you "remember" them saying that then it has literally no meaning whatsoever.

I tried to farm for ember prime BP before it left the void, and I did 50+ ODD and 12+ T4D in the hopes of ember BP dropping and it never did. I spoke to two very different people during the last two ODDs I did, one had done EIGHTY TWO ODDs without it dropping, and the other had 1k plat from farming ODD for ember bp, he was getting it every 5-6 missions.

WHICH IS OBSCENE.

The solution is to have pseudo random drop tables instead of just random. LIke imagine flipping a coin, if you get heads, the likelihood of you getting heads next time is 50%. as you're in control of the %s make it so its only like 25% chance of getting heads.

give this mother f***er a prize and a spot on DE, he'll fix everything

WHICH IS OBSCENE.

^ This guy knows whats up, we need you on DE's team

What i hate about ODD is that it's not some mission you select in the star chart... you ACTUALLY have to have a key to select it. You have to know to have the bp of the key type from the market, and then you have to build it.

What i feel is missing, is the Orokin Derelict Gimick.

"For each player in the mission with a different Dragon Key increases the loot rarety by 50%, a key is consumed randomly each prize".

i.e., Rotation A, key 1 consumed. Rotation A again, Key 2 consumed. Rotation B, Key 3 consumed. Rotation C, Key 4 consumed.

Also, i thought all missions higher than level 20 got 5stacks of R5's.... And you need a key to do an OD mission.... Why is the OD the exception to this rule?

Also thank you for at least making it 3 stacks...

First, Trinity Prime is just out and is available for money. If you SERIOUSLY think they would put her parts out there with any percent chance over 1% you're insane. It's likely 0.017% for a Trinity part LOL

Second, it's the same issue as everything else, it's RNG and the tables are broken with no logarithm for duplicates. It's not just ODD, but I am sure ODD is worse because, well, you can craft your ODD keys as much as you want.

Think about it, I can run ODD 24/7 if I want. Start with a bunch of keys, then just make a new key after each run and jump right back in while it builds. Void missions you have to farm or buy the keys, which means you have to spend some time NOT running Void.

Of course drops in ODD will be reduced.

sixTHOUSANDbees's example shows exactly what RNG is, and yet no one will accept it. If person A gets the parts a ton and Person B doesn't it's not about the part, it's not about having Keys or cores or whatever in the table.....IT'S ABOUT THE TABLE!!!!!!! LOL

First, Trinity Prime is just out and is available for money. If you SERIOUSLY think they would put her parts out there with any percent chance over 1% you're insane. It's likely 0.017% for a Trinity part LOL Second, it's the same issue as everything else, it's RNG and the tables are broken with no logarithm for duplicates. It's not just ODD, but I am sure ODD is worse because, well, you can craft your ODD keys as much as you want. Think about it, I can run ODD 24/7 if I want. Start with a bunch of keys, then just make a new key after each run and jump right back in while it builds. Void missions you have to farm or buy the keys, which means you have to spend some time NOT running Void. Of course drops in ODD will be reduced. sixTHOUSANDbees's example shows exactly what RNG is, and yet no one will accept it. If person A gets the parts a ton and Person B doesn't it's not about the part, it's not about having Keys or cores or whatever in the table.....IT'S ABOUT THE TABLE!!!!!!! LOL

No Its not. Why? Because Void were never supposed to given as wave 20 reward and yet here we are. The only things wave 20 rewards are supposed to give are PRIME PARTS and forma. Void keys are given as a wave 15 reward.

Where did you find this information from? And if it is true then that means that Warframe just became a more GrindFrame/FarmFrame

The "information" comes from experience. Every time I have done an ODD I got a t2 key at wave 20 instead of a prime part or even forma.

EDIT: So yesterday I got the Trinity Prime BP at wave 20 when I was trying to go all the way til 40 to get it. Nonetheless, I have gotten t2 keys every other time at wave 20. The drop rate for t2 keys is too high that it makes it very difficult to get the pieces you want. 

Edited by blackshadow616