Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"after Warframe" Will It Be F2P For Beta Users?

CplTurtleNubs

Now Warframe is a awesome game, you've got space ninjas with guns but whats gonna happen in the future? Will it still be free to play? Or will we have to pay even though we've participated in the beta? Now honestly i want to see the future of Warframe, and i want to enjoy it. So hear me out developers, whats your next big step out of beta? An amazing F2P, or a pay-to-play? Your choice.  

It's a f2p game and always will be, and not sound like a jerk, but do some Googles before asking questions like this, enjoy your stay.

No need to Google these kind of questions.

We all know it's a free-to-play game.

My sides seemed to have gone missing reading this post.

Collect yourself before you read this then.

It's tied in with Dojo requirements. We have the Forma rate, and then we have the Void Key drop rate. Forma rate last I checked was around 10% when only considering tower 2 and 3 void missions. Then you have the Void Key rate, which including all types of missions is around 2% chance. So, to just barely manage building a dojo with full research capabilities with an 8 member clan, each member will need to be teamed up with their clan mates and have a full party...and do 4,700 missions together before they have obtained all of the Void Keys required.

It's ridiculous.

Let's not forget upgrading our weapons, too.

When I first started playing Warframe the game content was fully available through gameplay, and only cosmetics were required to pay for. When a game creeps into charging money for missions that are nigh impossible to get, I only have 38% or so of that total mission tally, that's crossing the line.

This is not the first time I've seen free-to-play games go this route, and it's not the first time I've seen people pay-to-play this kind of content.

I have high hopes for the livestream tomorrow that the drop rates will be addressed.

I guess you dont have acces to the high level defense missions yet.

you know those def are a joke right now dont you ? and going higher than wave 10 is really redundant when the rewards is the same as a wave 5.

I'm with SoaringEagle on this. I have found 1 void key and found 1 forma, and the forma was only from the alert they ran today after their livestream. I ran a few void missions with my clan but I only got the latron prime bp for all of the missions I ran. I don't need 5 latron prime bps. I would like some forma or at least some variation of rewards. I think keys and forma should be a possible drop off of bosses and should come up more frequently in defense missions. Otherwise the grind to this game just multiplied exponentially.