Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Needed To Get This Off My Chest Really....

Zargona

I guess I'll start with a disclaimer:  All the opinions discussed are of my own.  You are entitled to your own and you are free to express them.  With that out of the way on to what I wanted to talk about.

So I'm fairly new to the forums, I usually just scroll around and read a few posts here and there, maybe I'll look into the hotfixes, etc.  The point is I generally don't post anything unless I really feel like it.  So while scrolling around today I noticed a few posts that were a little controversial in my eyes. 

Specifically one post that was eventually locked, but the OP was talking about how there was a lower MR player ranting and saying he got all he kills and the lower MR player was essentially harassing them.  The OP, along with his or her friends, then allowed the lower MR player to die despite being right above him/her.  

Now usually I don't ever condone harassment, ever, BUT in MY opinion, the OP only furthered this problem by reacting and allowing this player to die.  But that is beside the point.  What I wanted to point out is that MR in warframe does not mean anything.  Sure It's really nice to have those high MR numbers next to your name but other than that it means nothing.  SO to think that just because you have a higher MR you can do whatever you feel is extremely selfish and to think that some Tenno would reduce themselves to such a low level as to not help a fellow player just because he has more kills or is harassing you, it just bothers me.  Should you not strive to help your allies in battle?  That person was probably just trying to have fun and got over-excited, there is no need to show your superiority.  We are the Tenno, equals.  numbers are just numbers.  Not only that, warframe is a game.  An extremely high MR means nothing in real life.

Now to a smaller, less aggravating issue: builds

Granted yes there are many more effective ways to build certain frames and weapons to get the most damage output and seeing those ridiculously high numbers is really satisfying and fun.  BUT I don't think that this should dictate the way a weapon is built.  There are many posts that state "This is the way to build (Insert weapon)"  or "This is the way to survive 40 mins+ in T4 Survival with (Insert Frame)"  As I am sure these are very effective and it is satisfying, warframe, again is just a game, to have fun with.  Build the way you want to build, have fun with it, do something weird, or even wacky.  Sometimes to have the most fun is to just change it up.  This issue is too much of a bother because I understand that many players want to deal high damage and survive long amounts of time.  It was just a suggestion in case anyone was feeling pressured to build a certain way.

So now that this is off my chest I will say that what I have just essentially ranted about is NOT the gospel truth.  It is simply an opinion of a player who is tired of seeing fellow players fight each other when the most important thing is to have fun and work together.  How can we fight the enemies when we can't even stop fighting each other?

I thank you for reading this if you have read through everything.  DE moderators, feel free to lock this, if this isn't helpful to anything, it was just something I needed to get off my chest.  Thank you.

Edited by Zargona

I guess I'll start with a disclaimer:  All the opinions discussed are of my own.  You are entitled to your own and you are free to express them.  With that out of the way on to what I wanted to talk about.

So I'm fairly new to the forums, I usually just scroll around and read a few posts here and there, maybe I'll look into the hotfixes, etc.  The point is I generally don't post anything unless I really feel like it.  So while scrolling around today I noticed a few posts that were a little controversial in my eyes. 

Specifically one post that was eventually locked, but the OP was talking about how there was a lower MR player ranting and saying he got all he kills and the lower MR player was essentially harassing them.  The OP, along with his or her friends, then allowed the lower MR player to die despite being right above him/her.  

Now usually I don't ever condone harassment, ever, BUT in MY opinion, the OP only furthered this problem by reacting and allowing this player to die.  But that is beside the point.  What I wanted to point out is that MR in warframe does not mean anything.  Sure It's really nice to have those high MR numbers next to your name but other than that it means nothing.  SO to think that just because you have a higher MR you can do whatever you feel is extremely selfish and to think that some Tenno would reduce themselves to such a low level as to not help a fellow player just because he has more kills or is harassing you, it just bothers me.  Should you not strive to help your allies in battle?  That person was probably just trying to have fun and got over-excited, there is no need to show your superiority.  We are the Tenno, equals.  numbers are just numbers.  Not only that, warframe is a game.  An extremely high MR means nothing in real life.

Granted yes there are many more effective ways to build certain frames and weapons to get the most damage output and seeing those ridiculously high numbers is really satisfying and fun.  BUT I don't think that this should dictate the way a weapon is built.  There are many posts that state "This is the way to build (Insert weapon)"  or "This is the way to survive 40 mins+ in T4 Survival with (Insert Frame)"  As I am sure these are very effective and it is satisfying, warframe, again is just a game, to have fun with.  Build the way you want to build, have fun with it, do something weird, or even wacky.  Sometimes to have the most fun is to just change it up.  This issue is too much of a bother because I understand that many players want to deal high damage and survive long amounts of time.  It was just a suggestion in case anyone was feeling pressured to build a certain way.

So now that this is off my chest I will say that what I have just essentially ranted about is NOT the gospel truth.  It is simply an opinion of a player who is tired of seeing fellow players fight each other when the most important thing is to have fun and work together.  How can we fight the enemies when we can't even stop fighting each other?

I thank you for reading this if you have read through everything.  DE moderators, feel free to lock this, if this isn't helpful to anything, it was just something I needed to get off my chest.  Thank you.

what you said was very insightful and makes me realize that i completely forget that warframe gets new players everyday And it is hard to get used to the game

I try to help low MR players same as anyone else, but if it's a defensive mission like defense, excavation, interception etc and they instead of actually helping defend the objective instead rush headlong away from objective to farm kills and they end up dying really far from the objective it's a bad idea to chase after them to res them and leave the objective undefended, I'd rather defend objective than have the mission fail and save someone a revive. Especially if it's clear they're not actually going to help with the objective and might actually hinder you either by making energy cores harder to get or pulling away players to res them over and over.

It's a give and take, and frankly, a lot of sub 5~ MR players tend to lean heavily towards the take part of the spectrum, I don't mind them joining high level missions to get XP faster as long as they actively try to be helpful or at least not a burden, but so many of them are a burden.

Edited by KriLL3

SO to think that just because you have a higher MR you can do whatever you feel is extremely selfish and to think that some Tenno would reduce themselves to such a low level as to not help a fellow player just because he has more kills or is harassing you, it just bothers me.

I believe the point here is the actitude of the player in the first place.

You make some very valid points. The world is a fun place because at the end of the day, there is no right and wrong. Life is literally what you make of it. Hypocrisy is an unavoidable problem you will run into time to time in your life. It's almost as if it's human nature to make exceptions for one's self and their actions... Point is, not everyone has the gift of being the watcher. You will be forced to do things on a moment's judgement. Those are always the hardest and you may think you're correct at the time, but later regret it. 

Side note: Careful now, don't want to get nailed with a warning. I got nailed for using a simile. 

Edited by RafaelFuchs

You know, what you said is not wrong...

But in any session, I don't care what your MR is, if you harrass me and/or saying inappropriate stuffs on the the chat, I'll just stand there and watch you die...

Of course, if you then say a word of help while bleeding out, I may overlook what you did and save you immediately!!

Past MR 8, MR really doesn't mean anything. The only weapons after that a syndicate primaries - they are more or less luxury items with the exception of the Rakta Cernos and Sancti Tigris (which eclipse their regular versions and are solid endgame choices). 

That being said, this is my opinion on MR:

•Below MR 5 is low mastery rank

•Between MR 6 and MR 15 is medium mastery rank

•Above MR 16 is high mastery rank

By MR 6 all the good weapons have been unlocked, so it's safe to say all players MR 6+ are T4 void capable. Although I do not discriminate, anyone below MR 6 is a noob to me. Even if it's a second account, they are objectively inept based on the firepower available to them. Of course, this is only more reason to help said players and give them guidance, tips/tricks, and finer points on game play. Alas, the Boltor Prime is available at MR 2, so there isn't much merit in basing judgment on MR alone. If a MR 2 player is toting a Boltor Prime I'm likely to take him/her more seriously. 

Also, harassment is harassment - not exceptions. Don't discriminate against low mastery. 

Edit: Spelling; formatting 

Edited by YourBusDriver

I get your point (well said), but you get out what you put in.

If a player tries to make it a "kills" competition and hurls insults while hurting the squad....I'm totally supporting the idea of not reviving him/her. Them being newer to the game is no excuse.

Me being a higher MR doesn't make me big bro

I try to help low MR players same as anyone else, but if it's a defensive mission like defense, excavation, interception etc and they instead of actually helping defend the objective instead rush headlong away from objective to farm kills and they end up dying really far from the objective it's a bad idea to chase after them to res them and leave the objective undefended, I'd rather defend objective than have the mission fail and save someone a revive. Especially if it's clear they're not actually going to help with the objective and might actually hinder you either by making energy cores harder to get or pulling away players to res them over and over.

It's a give and take, and frankly, a lot of sub 5~ MR players tend to lean heavily towards the take part of the spectrum, I don't mind them joining high level missions to get XP faster as long as they actively try to be helpful or at least not a burden, but so many of them are a burden.

You make a valid point, YES in certain situations it is better defend objectives, I failed to mention that what I was talking about was when it is clearly obvious, that other players can res the downed player and it is possible to res them BUT they choose not to because the downed player was talking a little smack.

Aside from that I thank you for helping lower MR players.

Past MR 8, MR really doesn't mean anything. The only weapons after that a syndicate primaries - they are more or less luxury items with the exception of the Rakta Cernos and Sancti Tigris (which eclipse their regular versions and are solid endgame choices). 

That being said, this is my opinion on MR:

•Below MR 5 is low mastery rank

•Between MR 6 and MR 15 is medium mastery rank

•Above MR 16 is high mastery rank

By MR 6 all the good weapons have been unlocked, so it's safe to say all players MR 6+ are T4 void capable. Although I do not discriminate, anyone below MR 6 is a noob to me. Even if it's a second account, they are objectively inept based on the firepower available to them. Of course, this is only more reason to help said players and give them guidance, tips/tricks, and finer points on game play. Alas, the Boltor Prime is available at MR 2, so there isn't much merit in basing judgment on MR alone. If a MR 2 player is toting a Boltor Prime I'm likely to take him/her more seriously. 

Also, harassment is harassment - not exceptions. Don't discriminate against low mastery. 

If what they said in the newest prime timeis true than MR unlocks will be re-scaled. Such as prime warframes being locked till mr4 and prime weapons being locked till mr6[

I get your point (well said), but you get out what you put in.

If a player tries to make it a "kills" competition and hurls insults while hurting the squad....I'm totally supporting the idea of not reviving him/her. Them being newer to the game is no excuse.

Me being a higher MR doesn't make me big bro

Rhino is the only big bro right?

If someones father than 10 secounds away from me I tend to not make an effort to go get them up on their feet no matter what their MR is. It's kind of a "well it's your own dumb fault" situation. Now if it's a mission where they have to be up and fighting right now its all hands on deck but those maps tend to be one bullet jump/glide range(thinking T4 defense).

Anyone MR 5 and below is always suspect of being risky to run with. I always felt I wasn't take seriously till I got to MR 8. 

In the end, players don't have to run with anyone they don't want to, but being mean is not excusable. Like KriLL3 said, I'll try to help out new players (if I happen to be perusing low level missions), but if I'm delving into the void I'm running with my higher MR clan mates. The only exception is intentionally carrying low MRers for leveling purposes - when and only when I'm willing to take the risk. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

If what they said in the newest prime timeis true than MR unlocks will be re-scaled. Such as prime warframes being locked till mr4 and prime weapons being locked till mr6[

After reading this thread, I'm beginning to see the major pros and cons of that promise.

On one hand, revised MR rewards will make more sense and there will be more justification for ranking up, progression wise. Unfortunately, that will bar anyone lower than MR 6 from being able to seriously run high tier void missions... which might be more fitting considering they don't want new players jumping right into end-game. 

Edited by YourBusDriver

Gonna say this only once, I've seen enough MR 19-20's that feel there the elite superiors to anyone under MR 15 to see why there so much hate on HIGH MR's. Bottom line is you got a lot of good people, and a lot of egotistical people who take there MR as a status symbol and expect it to mean something like you should be revered and have the authority to walk all over anyone whos under your rank becuase aparently MR = skill and superiority to most. 

Me personally i find this to be simply untrue. I run a 600 man moon clan with no one offline longer then 30 days, we accept ALL master ranks and host 5 daily raids and 1 daily nightmare. ON ced runs we take people as low as MR 3 and HAVE NOT failed a single run in 2 months. We even mentor these low MR's so they become strong productive players that can run the raids and obtain the gear. In fact 1 in 4 newbs we recruit ends up MR 10+ by the end of there first month playing Warframe. 

In all i feel this disproves the notion that  high master ranks = skill, or that lowbie master ranks cant do runs. I feel the real issue lies in the people, setting up these steriotypes of MR = status and judging people simply by a number that doesn't mean more then the number of trades you have an what weapons you can access. I myself have been sitting at Master rank 13 for 5 months now, I have ALL prime Warframe classes and I have the ones without primes atm as well (including equin/atlas/etc, also i have all primes except founders) and despite having all of them with 2-5 forma and potato's I've still only earned enough affinity to reach MR 13 and I've even maxed 60+ weapons. So does this mean I'm a newb compared to a MR20? Or does this simply mean they wasted more time maxing weapons then I have. The bottom line is we need to stop looking at Mastery ranks entirely and look at the people, what they have, and how effectively they use it. An if they suck at using something, then mentor and teach them how to use it properly. Don't hoard knowledge and tricks and dont insult or ban newbs from your groups, instead share your knowledge and help them so the community gets strong and we have fewer inexperienced players rather then ignoring them and keeping them inexperienced..

I pay very little attention to MR when I'm joining games. I usually don't even notice until extraction who is what and what the various levels of their stuff is. I might have an idea after playing with them, but this sort of thing generally doesn't drive any decisions or behavior on my part.

However, when I am in the game, there are a few rules of the road.

Firstly, when I join a PuG in a game, I'm almost invariably there for some reason that has little to nothing to do with the group. I have some goals and they are going to get accomplished (as much as possible) despite whatever else might be going on. In other words, if it's an endless mode, I'm not extracting after five minutes for a node unlock. The group might, but it won't be with me and if I can keep them there until I get what I want, I'm going to.

Secondly, it's three strikes and you're out. If you keep dropping repeatedly, you're doing something wrong and after the third repetition, you're on your own. Yeah, I know, new people and stuff, but reviving them constantly is risky and I can't accomplish personal or ingame objectives if constantly doing this. Three times and that's it.

As an addendum to the above, if you do go down and I can't see you, I'm not coming looking for you. Stick with the group. I know the maps can be confusing at first (boy, do I), but do your best to stick with the group. You will learn them over time, but, again, stick with the group--or at least someone that seems to know what they're doing (that's how I did it when I first started).

Don't hit the life support above 50%, preferably above 33%. On an early map like Apollodorus, this isn't a huge deal, but it's a really bad habit to get into, so do it right from the get-go and everyone will be happier for it.

Lastly, ask questions. The game can get pretty frenetic, but if you can ask I'll try and answer. See something you don't understand? Ask. See something you like and want to know more? Ask. I'll answer if I can, especially when playing Nyx (absorb is great for an /afk moment). Don't be afraid to message privately after a game. I fiddle a lot between games typically and (assuming I notice), I'll answer if you have something you want illuminated.

People will always try to find the best/easiest way to do something or build something to get the most out of their time in any situation. Especially in video games, there will be those that crunch the numbers in order to get the most out of whatever they have to keep up with the current meta. The downside is that players will run Pub groups and forget to lower expectations to the point that they are not looking for a group who are running the "best" setup for what they bring on a run.

As for the incident you mentioned, yes it does seem bad that they didn't help the player up but at the same time you do not talk smack to your teammates and expect them to help you afterwards. It doesn't matter if you have the most kills or best gear or are hyped up during a game, you stay respectful. The player is lucky the team didn't decide to troll them.

I guess I'll start with a disclaimer: All the opinions discussed are of my own. You are entitled to your own and you are free to express them. With that out of the way on to what I wanted to talk about.

So I'm fairly new to the forums, I usually just scroll around and read a few posts here and there, maybe I'll look into the hotfixes, etc. The point is I generally don't post anything unless I really feel like it. So while scrolling around today I noticed a few posts that were a little controversial in my eyes.

Specifically one post that was eventually locked, but the OP was talking about how there was a lower MR player ranting and saying he got all he kills and the lower MR player was essentially harassing them. The OP, along with his or her friends, then allowed the lower MR player to die despite being right above him/her.

Now usually I don't ever condone harassment, ever, BUT in MY opinion, the OP only furthered this problem by reacting and allowing this player to die. But that is beside the point. What I wanted to point out is that MR in warframe does not mean anything. Sure It's really nice to have those high MR numbers next to your name but other than that it means nothing. SO to think that just because you have a higher MR you can do whatever you feel is extremely selfish and to think that some Tenno would reduce themselves to such a low level as to not help a fellow player just because he has more kills or is harassing you, it just bothers me. Should you not strive to help your allies in battle? That person was probably just trying to have fun and got over-excited, there is no need to show your superiority. We are the Tenno, equals. numbers are just numbers. Not only that, warframe is a game. An extremely high MR means nothing in real life.

Granted yes there are many more effective ways to build certain frames and weapons to get the most damage output and seeing those ridiculously high numbers is really satisfying and fun. BUT I don't think that this should dictate the way a weapon is built. There are many posts that state "This is the way to build (Insert weapon)" or "This is the way to survive 40 mins+ in T4 Survival with (Insert Frame)" As I am sure these are very effective and it is satisfying, warframe, again is just a game, to have fun with. Build the way you want to build, have fun with it, do something weird, or even wacky. Sometimes to have the most fun is to just change it up. This issue is too much of a bother because I understand that many players want to deal high damage and survive long amounts of time. It was just a suggestion in case anyone was feeling pressured to build a certain way.

So now that this is off my chest I will say that what I have just essentially ranted about is NOT the gospel truth. It is simply an opinion of a player who is tired of seeing fellow players fight each other when the most important thing is to have fun and work together. How can we fight the enemies when we can't even stop fighting each other?

I thank you for reading this if you have read through everything. DE moderators, feel free to lock this, if this isn't helpful to anything, it was just something I needed to get off my chest. Thank you.

First let me start off by saying this is entirely too long lol jk. But as for MR I don't believe it represents skill but it does represent experience. Lower MR players tend to make silly mistakes like running away from the pod in defenses or hitting every life support they see in Survival. I'm guilty of letting players die, I believe we all are. If I raced to go pick them up it leaves the pod open and we could fail. Bottom line is I prefer experience over none.

Went to help a guy yesterday get circuits so he could build a Sentinel and make his life a bit easier in a survival... He just jumped somewhere high and stayed there.

Make me want no to help new players.

I agree to this, in both ways.

Yes: We high-end players, need to have a heart and help new players, I don't have a issue with that, I help new players when I can, I can even remaber at one point, that I carried a new player (MR 3-4) around the hole game, where others just raged quit. Both me and this player completed the mission just fine, and hell he was able to take care of himself in some battles. Tho as due to low level Warframe/Weapons, I had to revive him, and stick close to him, drawing aggro. He thanked me quite a lot, after the mission ended.

No: Sometimes I will refuse to help players, due to simple fact, they are like x-bone comminty, think they are better then everyone else, highly rude, and MLG-pro, their ways into life. Some are rushers and don't help, and they rage at you when, YOU fail, when clearly they fail themselves.

As for Builds: Well its YOUR build, how you designed it, how you made it, if others thing otherwise, and stop you from enjoying the game, Ignore/Report and move on. (DE really, should start banning players, that say/do: Dis build or get out)

That being said, this is my opinion on MR Is this:

•Below MR 5 is low mastery rank: New Player

•Between MR 10 and 15 MR is medium mastery rank: Not much time on their hands, or people, who just want to have FUN

•Between MR 20 and 30 MR is high mastery rank: People who have spent time/hard working effort, to Level, or some are just MLG-Pros, looking to be better then everyone else.

Edited by LegionCynex

I am going to make this brief

Should you discriminate against people by their mastery rank, high or low? No, not at all, there is no reason

Should you harass people and insult them if you are doing better (and were using aim bot Mesa at the time too which is press 4 for free kills)? No, harassment of any kind is bad.

Should you be expected to be saved after your insulted and harassed players and then further insult them by trying to rub in their face you are a lower mr even though me is meaningless? No. You were an A******, they will let you die if they see fit

Edited by Surtur

No: Sometimes I will refuse to help players, due to simple fact, they are like x-bone comminty, think they are better then everyone else, highly rude, and MLG-pro, their ways into life.

Was it necessary to say that? That's your opinion on Xbox players but the general consensus is that the majority of PC players are entitled, exclusivist and disrespectful. The fact that you would randomly say that statement proves that the rest of the Warframe community(spelled correctly) is right about certain PC players.

I have run into some high MR ***holes myself (master holes).

He/she, who shall not be named, was MR 17 and I was MR 11 at the time. We, along with two other players, were on a New Loka deception mission. Our squad had found 6 of 8 seeds when we arrived at the objective. The player in question was in possession of the datamass. After about 5 minutes of scouring the map it became apparent to me that in order to find the remaining two seeds we would have to complete the objective. This was because the remaining seeds were locked, behind a standing flag door, towards the extraction. After relaying this information to the datamass holder, he asked me to show him the door, to which I told him it would be more time effective to just input the mass (for obvious reasons).

Unfortunately this player was a control freak. He just had to know where the door was. God forbid he miss out on a few measly seeds (we already had the better rank seeds, so the remaining ones were most certainly going to be just seeds). 

Long story short, he got downed and instead of reviving him, I grabbed the datamass and entered it (honestly, I could have revived him too, but he was being an ***hole and dealing with control freaks is a pet peeve of mine). 

Later in the match, while searching for seeds, I got downed due to unfortunate circumstance. The data-*** decided to taunt me by tea bagging my downed character and then textually deriding me to which I ignored him. 

He was a ****-head, plain and simple. Any two-bit moron could immediately rationalize that completing the objective in a timely manner would help the team obtain the seeds faster. There was no threat that I'd try to initialize extract before that - I had actuality found 5 of the 6 seeds.  

Ultimately, it was I who had the last laugh. I wasted a revive on an under-powered frame whereas he wasted a revive on his main. So ha. 

TL;DR - There are terribly idiotic players of all mastery ranks.  

Edited by YourBusDriver

Was it necessary to say that? That's your opinion on Xbox players but the general consensus is that the majority of PC players are entitled, exclusivist and disrespectful. The fact that you would randomly say that statement proves that the rest of the Warframe community(spelled correctly) is right about certain PC players.

Before this devolves into a hate war, let me say this. Word choice matters. Also, people are people. Just because you have [X] doesn't make you suddenly different than someone else who doesn't have [X]. 

I think MR means something. Nothing significant, but something. If you've played a game for as long as it takes to reach a high MR then you have more than likely got experience of a wide range of different game modes, difficulties, weapons and warframes. Experience isn't the most important thing but it counts for something I think.

I don't hold with the argument that loads of high MR people are hammering Draco and not getting proper experience, those that do are the exception not the rule.

I must admit I would let somebody die if they were being a king sized **** to me. I wouldn't feel good about myself but actions have consequences and if you're going to hardcore trash talk strangers you can't be too surprised when they refuse to help you as a result. They would have learned a lesson for next time, you'd hope.

Where I do agree with you is weapon modding, I've been saying it quite a lot recently on this forum that modding for pure damage isn't the only way to go. It's quite possible to mod for fun and utility and still have a perfectly viable weapon but people seem to be so zeroed in on getting the absolute maximum damage that they can't see that. You do need max damage for some missions but that's why each weapon has multiple setups you can switch between.