Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.6.1

DE_Adam

Ripline and Switch Teleport have both gotten me killed by trolling players, but Bulwark is a no no?

While yes those can be annoying, at least you can continue and finish the mission while that is occurring.

With Bulwark, a troll could stop all mission progress for as long as they wanted and as long as they had energy as it completely blocked the doors. 

While yes those can be annoying, at least you can continue and finish the mission while that is occurring.

With Bulwark, a troll could stop all mission progress for as long as they wanted and as long as they had energy as it completely blocked the doors. 

Simple solution can be something that was implemented in Dota games long time ago. An option to "disable help from other players". This can include Loki teleport, Atlas Bulwark, Valkyr Ripline and any abilities that can target allied and be miss used.

• Fixed Atlas’ summoned Rumblers not dying when entering Nullifier bubbles.

...Please tell me that's a joke, guys. You really think it's a good thing for summoned units, for a frame's ultimate power, which fight mainly in melee and cannot intelligently identify when to not do so to die on contact with a Nullifier. Really.

Nullifiers are literally getting worse every time I look at them again. Please remove them and replace their spawns with Combas and Scrambi.

hhohohohohohoh.... so i may have a real reason to brin the liset hacker into spy and rescues?? plz elaborate what it does so i dont go wasting them?? does this mean that while the liset's hack is active...i can pause my running around to get the mission done?? how will this effect rescues?  if i understand the spy changes correctly  it means that for a short time... i can probably get all the data vaults without them being lost....is this correct?

Still no fix for The Stealth and The Ai system being a buggy mess. You might love to appease The Space Pirates but please check these bugs out.

For stealth players, these things listed below are incredibly anoying. And due to all that, makes stealth frustrating.

All bugs found here are listed by numbers and an explaination with the best of my ability on how the game's programming might work in a nutshell.

The list is as of follows.

1: Enemies will at random, know your existance without the need to see, hear or notice you. This is often prominent

when you leave enemies behind when trying to be stealthy.

2: Enemy Ai is broken to the point that, you may think Gearbox Software made the Ai for the game, wich

is demonstrated here in this gif

All enemies that gets to a designated Ai Node will sometimes have this problem.

The reason for this from what i can understand, is that the Ai Node is a narrow object. This causes the Enemy Ai to

spin aroudn the Node as it tries to aim for it, wich casues this majestic dance.

anvIyYp.gif

YUBEzZh.gif

crQWx2n.gif

3: When an enemy is being moved via ingame-code (So that players dont have to run back to get the enemy during

extermination or similar missions), the way the code works is broken and can cause all enemies to know where you are and know that you exist. This is also presented in the same way when an enemy can sometimes disapear out of nowhere infront of you (This happens when an enemy jumps to a platform. Not 100% of the time, but it can happen.).This is probably because that, unlike most games that handles enemy units with cut and paste command, the game simply moves the said enemy at an extremely high speed, but it isnt fast enough, and the line of sight gets wider and any Tenno they see will not only alert the said target, but everyone in the room.

4: When group of enemies are close togheter and stands on a designated Ai Node, they will get stuck in one another

to the point where they start spinning around with paused animations. This is very problematic for the stealth players that tend to play the mission without killing anyone (non exterminate missions). Here is a gif demonstrating this

The reason for this is that, there is already an enemy unit taking the space of the Ai node, and the surounding enemy units gets

confused of why they cant stand on it, wich causes this glitch to happen.This is shown in the gif that one enemy unit is in the

middle, possibly on the Ai Node, while the rest dont know what to do.

By9CMLT.gif

5: At some points, an enemy in the next room might suspect that someone is nearby and will go into cover, while his/her

comrades ignores this. (Same as before, they dont have to know that you exist or have seen or heard you). This could happen due to how the game spawns the enemy unit, wich sometimes, doenst work as intended.

6: Enemies that sees their allies die infront of them with a silent weapon will sometimes just stand there and

stare at their dead bodies and carry on with the patroling. A real guard would be suspicious and alert

his allies of a potentional threat. This is probably because of that, enemy units follow sounds rather than sight most of the time.

Wich is why the enemy unit ignores the dead ally when a weapon is silent.

7: Syndicate allies have no repsect for silence and stealth, and those that are put behind on hold will kill enemies that spawn near them (since a player is not presented in that room, enemy units will spawn in there with the allies since the syndicate allies arent marked as player units).I have done multiple tests, including Spy and Deception and Rescue.

Most of the time, DE tells players to ''just tell the allies to stay put'', but they underestimate their game's glitchy system.
When they stay put, they will engage any enemy that spawns near them and any enemy that you find further into the mission will be alerted to it, even if they technicly cant hear it.

8: While this isnt an Ai problem per say, this one is still anoying and can be abused.

If you snipe an enemy from a very far distance, such as in the Grineer Asteroid base r other large areas,

An enemy will respawn directly and will spawn in your line of sight. Continue killing the spawned enemy, and another

one will take its place. This was supposed to be fixed since 17.2.3, but apparerntly, it wasnt

RvUOk2q.gif

9: Sometimes, The enemies doesnt know how to use cover correctly, and will stay in cover regardless where

you are. Thanks Handstamp for the screenshot.

fpSsNlq.png

10: Another thing regarding syndicates. Their weapons, may it be their primary or secondary,have this radial

explosion that causes damage to everyone around you. Now, this is fine during open combat and for players

that seek carnage, but for stealth, its bad, really bad. On high end missions, the radial blast

doesnt kill the targets around you, but damages them and alerts them.

Having the option to manualy activate the blast sould be adequate, or give the silent

syndicate weapons a different effect that is not a nuke. 

(The syndicate proc effect is currently being worked on to fix the stealth issue acording to Devstream 60)

11: This is something minor, but still something intersting to note after playing my old Splinter Cell 1 game on the pc.

Im that game, your running and walking speed determine the sound your feet makes and the material you walk on, may

it be ground, metal, wood or whatever. In warframe, no mather how heavy your warframe is, may it be Rhino, Chroma or Atlas or whatever heavy frame, their feet still stay silent no mather how heavy you run or jump.

This also applies to when an enemy unit screams after he/she dies, while the rest of the enemies, ignores this.

For Space Pirates (The Warframe Community), this is nothing to bother, as they blast everything in sight regardless.

For me, i think that, even if a weapon is silent, there still need to be a consequence when missing, for example.

If you miss the target with your Latron or Vectis or whatever, and the bullet hits a wall, it create sparks and make a small, cling noise, or you miss your target with an arrow from one of the bows. The Enemy unit sould atleast know that something is going on, but after many tests, non of that mathers.

--

If you got any questions, feel free to ask them.

FFS =[

Atlas ULT just got WORSE?!?!?! =[

jesus DE, now that we have the new modular corpus with the power-selective nullifier fields, could we either GET RID OF OR COMPLETELY REWORK the existing terribly designed Nullifiers?

make them a rare/heavy unit that only spawns a stationary sphere from a proxy/sibling unit and make the bubble NOT have a dmg cap to incoming fire {ie high dmg slow fire rate weapons should not be getting shafted} and/or make the bubble ONLY block abilities/powers and NOT any/all weapons

The #1 best way to fix Nullifiers has been the same since their inception and DE just refuses to do it: Punch-thru should allow you to bypass a Nullifier field, period.

Immunity to powers is really not a problem if we have SOME way to straight up gun them down without being forced to bring an Ogris/Penta/Tonkor to every corpus mission.

DE, if you really hate this idea for some reason, fine: Let Toxin damage bypass their shields just like it does with EVERY OTHER KIND OF SHIELD IN THE GAME and that'll be fine.  I'm really happy with either solution.

But I agree, trying to melee one down when there's 3 bombards and 2 heavy gunners under the shield is NOT a viable solution.  There MUST be SOME way to quickly take these guys down FROM DISTANCE.  Punch-thru OR Toxin damage either one is a nice, simple, clean solution to all Nullifier-related problems and for some reason you guys just refuse to implement it.  I cannot fathom why.