Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

Are there any deadline dates? Are we talking new workshop content being added like every major update or like every 0.5 update etc?

Yes, actually, I too would like to know how often DE checks the workshop, and when they add the things.

Hello everyone, i made a liset skin today and uploaded it via the TennoGen editor, but after i uploaded it, i can't find it on the workshop. Any ideas ?

The skin is called "Stalker's Liset."

And yes, i've set the visibility to "Public".

For you, it would be in your [ACCOUNTNAME]>Content>Workshop.

I can see it on the workshop normally, but I have to do ^that^ method to view my things.

Yes, actually, I too would like to know how often DE checks the workshop, and when they add the things.

For you, it would be in your [ACCOUNTNAME]>Content>Workshop.

I can see it on the workshop normally, but I have to do ^that^ method to view my things.

So my skin is on the workshop but i can't see it (if not using that method) while everyone else can ?

If yes, that's kinda weird XD

Question: My Test Mesh for my Syandana is 4x The triangle count when I view it on the Tennogen Viewer than in Blender. How do I optimize/fix that?

Here are two images showing my issue....

I exported it using the obj exporter in blender, and then imported it directly to the Tennogen Tool.

Tennogen viewer: Seen on Bottom left, 856 Tris

CHMHWhS.png

Blender Edit Mode: Seen on top right, 214 Tris

0LXi9y6.png

Do you have a subdivision surface modifier on your mesh? The default setting for .obj export applies whatever modifier you have on your model. also be sure to toggle "Selection only" while exporting. It might be grabbing stray objects in your scene.

I also notice you're in Edit Mode. The tri count only accounts for the object your editing in edit mode.

I just wanted to report that the PNG files I use from GIMP are not color masking properly. I assume it is because it isn't a superPNG, but the most I can do is adjust 2 colors tint3 and tint4. Tint3 is affected by any exposed alpha in the image; tint4 is affected by all other colors. Doesn't matter if it R B G or any other color.

Any solutions to this issue would be lovely. 

I think they do. I have to flip them when exporting out of zbrush.

Can confirm. The normal map has to be X+ Y- Z+ (inverted green channel). Might be helpful to put that into the content creator guide

Here's a before and after:

before

Kg9m1Rw.png

after

DJ0PoMX.png

Hello!  Thanks for making this available.

Question:

The Syandana that I am creating has bones for the flowing cloth part, but Tennogen does not seem to support FBX import.  What is the best method to get the bones and skinning information into the app?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I'll keep searching.

Many Thanks

When will you branch out to other options? And I imagine it won't be one gigantic "all release" when done so how frequent will you give the community new toys?

We're still in very early days.  We intend to open up new things fairly soon.  Definitely won't be one huge release.  Getting all the content files together alone prohibits that :)

Question: My Test Mesh for my Syandana is 4x The triangle count when I view it on the Tennogen Viewer than in Blender. How do I optimize/fix that?

Here are two images showing my issue....

I exported it using the obj exporter in blender, and then imported it directly to the Tennogen Tool.

Tennogen viewer: Seen on Bottom left, 856 Tris

Blender Edit Mode: Seen on top right, 214 Tris

We've got a problem in the Tri display.  Jeremy hopes to be able to look at it today.

I apologize for adding yet another barrage of questions to this thread. I just want to see the limitations for the concepts I am creating.

1) I opened the example fbx in which Excalibur is face down with a syandana on his back. Is this is the preferred position and orientation of submitting a syandana mesh or exporting one?

2)I have yet to see bones in any of the fbx's. Is this because we are not to skin or add bones to any of what we make?

3)What are our limitations of add-ons for syandanas, as they can be wholly created from the ground up? Can we specify things such as effects emitters anchored at points on our model? Or would this be not possible within the engine, and we should stick with just mesh and textures?

4)Looking at some of the previously existing syandanas, I have found that the Asa Syandana has a scrolling texture (or so I assume) for the fluid part of the mesh. Can we add these as a feature for our new creations or would you prefer we stick with the shader that you normally use and described within the documentation?

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer so many questions.

1) Yep that is the orientation they will be in game.  If you can match that it saves us 1 step.

2) We will have to do the rigging here.  If you follow the mesh creation guidelines we will have to do the rest.  

3) We are more than happy to hear suggestions of what you'd like -- we can't guarantee that we will be able to do them.  The FX in the wrong place at the wrong time can bring able a lot of perf problems.

4) Simple tiling images we can likely organize -- we will not have any way to preview that in the Tennogen app for awhile, so your ability to show that off is entirely on your own.

Some questions:

1. What export settings should I use for exporting OBJs from Blender? Everything I've tried so far has either not loaded into Tennogen at all, or loaded an empty mesh into Tennogen.

2. How to set up the alpha channel to work correctly for tint masks in GIMP? Every time I've tried so far, no colours are applied to transparent areas despite having screened other tint masks over that area.

Not as familiar with Blender as I would like to be.  Only gotcha that I know (coming from Max) is that relative numbers doesn't play nice with Tennogen.

And I don't know GIMP at all, hopefully someone else can jump in.

Can we have a randomize button for the tint mask colours? 

Also I've noticed my normal map acting a bit weird, does the Warframe engine use normal maps with a flipped axis?

We use the DirectX standard, so Y-

Randomize on tints is a good idea.  

Hello!  Thanks for making this available.

Question:

The Syandana that I am creating has bones for the flowing cloth part, but Tennogen does not seem to support FBX import.  What is the best method to get the bones and skinning information into the app?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I'll keep searching.

Many Thanks

Answered earlier in this post -- basically we'll ahve to do the rigging for that.  We just ask for your Syandana to be in what you think it's "default pose" should be.

Can you suggest what to do with downloading files via TennoGen? When I trying specify the path in the graph - Content Path, my computer do not see any archives ...
I have archives - TennoGenExport.zip , but every time i see only that error : The Selected content path must contain an exported material zip from the TennoGen Viewer (TennoGenExport.zip) 

And the skin appeared on the trading floor, but it is not visible when viewing the skins on Volt (After all, I did Volt), although there are at WorkShop, but I think it still must be some mistake, take a look at the file size (939.701 MB - it cant be right) - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542394715

So , can you help me? Please.

1) if we have specific animations to go with the textures/model for the sayandana, do we need to figure out how to make animated textures or upload a diagram on what is moving?

2) normals axis. Xcal in the fbx is facing in the -Y plane. Should i make the syandana in the same orientation too or can I leave it in the z plane?

I've looked through the thread and haven't seen this question asked or answered. Will creators of content be able to request their items be sold for a credit cost in game rather than plat? Basically, can someone make skins for warframe for 'free' without getting paid and without the skin costing platinum to get.

1) if we have specific animations to go with the textures/model for the sayandana, do we need to figure out how to make animated textures or upload a diagram on what is moving?

2) normals axis. Xcal in the fbx is facing in the -Y plane. Should i make the syandana in the same orientation too or can I leave it in the z plane?

1)  If it is a solid chunk moving, then we'd want a diagram.  If it's an animated texture (IE: Sparks, fire, etc) you would want to have some video coverage so we can see the speed you intend etc.

2)  Oriented with Exaclibur.  If your final FBX export has Excalibur and the Syandana placed "on him" we will have all the info we need and might be able to just hand it off to a rigger.  I saw might as orientations from Max vs Maya will be different, etc etc.

I've looked through the thread and haven't seen this question asked or answered. Will creators of content be able to request their items be sold for a credit cost in game rather than plat? Basically, can someone make skins for warframe for 'free' without getting paid and without the skin costing platinum to get.

kinda like the idea. but I'd rather the creator being able to refuse getting revenue at the expense of its actual plat cost being diminished in some amount. I think cosmetics as syndanas should keep being a plat-only thing with very little excepcions.

Archived