Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

I am asking all who know how to do this.

I have been making a high poly and then a low poly in ZBrush. I generated texturemap and normalmap and exported those.

Heres my problem.

I need to know that the textures work like they should, Problem is that the quality of textures look horrible in Tennogen Viewer. Even the official ones look low poly in there.

Now, is there a way to edit that? Or do I have to import everything to a program just to get a proper HQ render? 

It feels pointless to work on something that I can´t reliably check out the end result.

I appreciate any and all answers!

On 6/12/2017 at 6:16 AM, arch111 said:

I am asking all who know how to do this.

I have been making a high poly and then a low poly in ZBrush. I generated texturemap and normalmap and exported those.

Heres my problem.

I need to know that the textures work like they should, Problem is that the quality of textures look horrible in Tennogen Viewer. Even the official ones look low poly in there.

Now, is there a way to edit that? Or do I have to import everything to a program just to get a proper HQ render?

It feels pointless to work on something that I can´t reliably check out the end result.

I appreciate any and all answers!

The TennoGen viewer is mainly to be used to double-check that all your textures and models are readable and your tintmask is working as intended. 

What do you mean by "low poly"? 

I recommend you use a program like Marmoset Toolbag or Substance Painter, or even Sketchfab to preview your models while you work on them, rather than the TennoGen viewer. Also keep in mind that many of your textures will be downsized, so make sure to test at 1024x1024  (but submit the at the full 2048x2048 resolution) while you're working to see if your details are too small.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone knows how melee weapons model swaps are gonna work now?

Meaning: I see that the new tennogen sword can be used on any one handed sword; and so the Chroma's Dynasty big sword model can be used on various two handed weapons; does that mean that a Galatine or Jat Kittag Tennogen entry can be applied to War or Fragor; Orthos tennogen could be applied to all polearms and so on? Or is that done only on request?

I may have asked on the wrong topic, but I'll quote myself that topic.

3 hours ago, Eminem37 said:

So, I'm thinking on starting this, but I'm having some troubles with the model size. When importing an exemple model from warframe like a syandana or excalibur as exemple, the size is huge, and I'm pretty much used to work inside blender grid, I don't know if it can affect normal map baking but I had problems with it.

The exemple models have the size of 1, while a new model created from blender with the size of 1 is tiny compared with the exemple model, any idea how to go around that ?

Also, is it allowed to have multiple textures for different parts of let's say a syandana? Exemple: 2 diffuse maps one for every cloth part and one for every metal and no metal parts ?(like Excalibur that has one for helmet and one for the body) Because fiting everything inside a single map reduces the level of detail you can have.

Thank You.

If I'm making a body skin to go along with a helmet, what is the limitations on adding things to the body mesh?
I understand that it's not possible to change the actual topology of the body mesh because it'd interfere with how the character is rigged, but what about adding separate meshes, like spikes, that protrude through the body mesh? Can they be bound to the rig individually?

What about cases where the helmet is attached to the body itself? An example of this is Nekros, who has almost tentacle-like masses that attach from the helmet to the neck. Can we add something like this, and if so, what's the limitations of it?

Last question, can any of our helmets have physics applied to them? Dangles and earrings and the like I understand work fairly simply, but what about helmets like Excalibur Caduto, that has a ponytail structure? What are the limitations on that?

23 hours ago, Wurdyburd said:

If I'm making a body skin to go along with a helmet, what is the limitations on adding things to the body mesh?
I understand that it's not possible to change the actual topology of the body mesh because it'd interfere with how the character is rigged, but what about adding separate meshes, like spikes, that protrude through the body mesh? Can they be bound to the rig individually?

What about cases where the helmet is attached to the body itself? An example of this is Nekros, who has almost tentacle-like masses that attach from the helmet to the neck. Can we add something like this, and if so, what's the limitations of it?

Last question, can any of our helmets have physics applied to them? Dangles and earrings and the like I understand work fairly simply, but what about helmets like Excalibur Caduto, that has a ponytail structure? What are the limitations on that?

Hello!

1) You cannot make additions or changes to the body mesh at all, including spikes etc.
2) The tendrils on Nekros are considered part of his character mesh. You can, for example, choose to connect 1 set, 2 sets, or all 3 sets to your helmet, or none, like other alt helmets demonstrate. Recommend looking at existing alt helmets for specific questions about each Warframe's quirks.
3) Cloth physics being applied to any piece requires very grid-like, uniform topology on the parts, and should be physically separate from any non-cloth elements. We can work with even relatively complex (but logical) shapes as long as they have uniform topology and consistent edge loops. Please don't overdo it though... save it for a few important design elements. Don't make, for example, a medusa head with 30 individual cloth physics tendrils. 

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to add my own animations for an alternate helmet for Nidus for Tennogen Round 10, and if there is how would I go about adding the animations. I am thinking about an Iron Maiden idea for Nidus because I like how his body parts move whenever he goes into his Mutation. I do not wish to add anything big to his body but I want to mess around with animations for an alternate helmet.

The resources for Titania seem to be missing the 2 cloth pieces attached to her harness/belt at the front. It also has an extra set of wings at the origin and the "ears" (FaerieHelmetInner/OuterWings) of the reference helmet are also at the origin. This problem is with the .obj as well as the .fbx. I've also tried downloading the package from online and through the Steam TennoGen tool but they end up being the same file. Hopefully this gets updated in time for the Halloween deadline! 

DGAXlEtU0AAxdrm.jpg:large

Not sure if this really qualifies as a Tennogen question but. Will the ability to toggle prime parts become more universal than just tennogen? E.g. the immortals, the phased/rubedo and all these other skin types for Warframes.

Slight extension, I'm planning on getting the Onyx Skin from the steam page bundle for Excalibur and I'd love to use it on Umbra if that is to be a possibility.

I've got another question. Do all materials and surface textures for helmets and body skins have to match the smooth plastic/soft leather/shiny metal materials that are widespread among frames? Or can we use materials that have a little more surface detail, like bumps? For example, on this skin, can the front plates appear more wooden rather than smooth like plastic?
dwIPdyo.png

Second question, specifically for the Halloween intake, exactly HOW symbolic does elements in the design have to be? For example, for this skin I'm trying to evoke imagery of strangling and grasping hands, while avoiding making them literal hands. Would the finger-like structures need to be abstracted, like Nekros' frontal organ plating, or are they okay, since hands aren't a thing that appear on torsos anyway?
qaoZZMQ.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2017 at 3:26 PM, Arkis-Prime said:

The resources for Titania seem to be missing the 2 cloth pieces attached to her harness/belt at the front. It also has an extra set of wings at the origin and the "ears" (FaerieHelmetInner/OuterWings) of the reference helmet are also at the origin. This problem is with the .obj as well as the .fbx. I've also tried downloading the package from online and through the Steam TennoGen tool but they end up being the same file. Hopefully this gets updated in time for the Halloween deadline! 

This has been fixed!

1 hour ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

i have a question!!!!!
why haven't we gotten rhino's vojnik battle damaged skin on to ps4 which was in tennogen round 5??? :sadcry::heartbroken:
And we've already got tennogen round 5 iteams :awkward:

I have the same question I did really want trinity messiah in that same round..but why do we not get all the items in an old round when it drops?

On 8/2/2017 at 6:56 PM, Wurdyburd said:

I've got another question. Do all materials and surface textures for helmets and body skins have to match the smooth plastic/soft leather/shiny metal materials that are widespread among frames? Or can we use materials that have a little more surface detail, like bumps? For example, on this skin, can the front plates appear more wooden rather than smooth like plastic?
[snip]

Second question, specifically for the Halloween intake, exactly HOW symbolic does elements in the design have to be? For example, for this skin I'm trying to evoke imagery of strangling and grasping hands, while avoiding making them literal hands. Would the finger-like structures need to be abstracted, like Nekros' frontal organ plating, or are they okay, since hands aren't a thing that appear on torsos anyway?

1 - You'll want to re-download the Oberon source files, they've been updated to PBR materials. If you mean the actual style of the piece, it needs to fit a particular Warframe faction IE Tenno, Infested, Corpus, or Grineer. You can bend the style a little, but overall the design language needs to fit with what's already in the game. Wood in itself doesn't make sense on a bio-mechanical body, but you can refer to the shape language on Oberon Deluxe, for example, for how you might stylize wood to fit the Tenno style.

2 - Yes, they need to be abstracted enough to fit in with the existing world. I think the amount of abstracting you've done on the abdomen in the attached screenshots is good. It currently looks like it fits the infested aesthetic.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:09 PM, CrunchbiteNuva said:

Is the EvolutionPBR shader compatible with Substance Painter 1.7.3? I tried loading it and the preview model and texture map turned pink. Could not see "User01" and the like either in the properties.

Here is the old version of the EvolutionPBR shader. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccjrcpfhpeyiizv/EvolutionPBR.glsl?dl=0

Archived