Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

That is a 16bit 4k normal.  Try reducing it (in Photoshop, etc) to 2048x2048, does it work then?

Ok so this seems to fix it, thank you.

EDIT: so it seems if you edit the normal map to 2048x2048 it will crash when you apply the last texture (does not matter what, as long as you edit the normal.

EDIT 2: Ok so i changed all the textures to 2048x2048 and that has fixed it.

I am definitely going to try giving this a crack depending on time available, It'll be good to sink myself into some hardcore texturing goodness.

However, I think this is the best place (and time) to raise a specific concern I've been thinking about. To put it simply, Bot voting on the steam workshop. In other steam workshop communities it seems to be an issue, a lot of the communities I've seen it happen in don't even any benefit to being ~most popular~ xyz on the workshop (Space engineers comes to mind). But if you dangle the prospect of potential money in front of certain people and they'll try to cheese through anything, which will lead to this inevitably happening.

I know you plan on basically having the final word on what's in or out (which is great) but I guess the overall "question" would be how are you looking to combat that sort of toxic behaviour? No one wants a situation where great content is "snuffed out" by bot voted mediocre content.

With all of that said, I'm semi confident DE will look at the workshop skeptically and hopefully find some way around this.

I don't see it mentioned but I skimmed so I could have missed it, but in the Devstream you said you could make up brand new Syndanas from complete scratch instead of modifying existing syndanas, right? Is that still true currently?

I don't see it mentioned but I skimmed so I could have missed it, but in the Devstream you said you could make up brand new Syndanas from complete scratch instead of modifying existing syndanas, right? Is that still true currently?

Yes it it. You can make you original syandana from scratch.

The following Weapon Skins will be open for TennoGen design submissions:

[...]

• Original Warframe Cape/Syandana. (sculpt and texture).

Hello, I was just having fun messing about in the TennoGen and couldn't help notice there isn't an opacity (transparency) map layer?

I know for most things it's not possible, but for things like syandanas with a single layer of polygons it would be really handy. I only ask this since it would be totally awesome having a partially transparent cape, or well... I would really love to make a pair of fairy wings for my oberon so he can be the fairy king he was destined to be. (Sort of like the new syandana without that weird unnecessary tail in the middle)

Thank you ^-^ 

Lucky Charm

That is a 16bit 4k normal.  Try reducing it (in Photoshop, etc) to 2048x2048, does it work then?

We intend to curate enough to keep things feeling in the world.  Possible / long term is after we feel pretty confident we could do it both from a tech and an administration point of view.

Ideally no new meshes for awhile (as we're trying to be mindful of rigging and animation bandwidth at the moment).  Once we have some experience with this stuff to leverage we'll do specifications that feel appropriate when we feel comfortable opening that up.

Best of luck.

Is anyone else getting their non-example(IE; Liset,Volt,etc) tint masks to work? It only seems to want to color to the last color for me. However the example texture tint maps work just fine and dandy.

are you using a png with different alpha channels?

So, I found a problem with your guide.

This is the section on Color Customization:

Colour Customization:

AsymBowTintMaskForDocumentation.png

• Is done with 4 black and white masks.  They are put into the Red, Green, Blue and Alpha channels of an image.
  • We set these up as layers with Red at the bottom, with the Green Mask’s layer mode set to Screen, then the Blue atop that also set to screen and the Alpha in its own channel.
  • By default they will be at a quarter resolution in the alpha channel of our packed texture.  If you have very fine detail in your masks we can opt out and use the same resolution as your normal map.
  • How the RGB channels appear, with the alpha viewed separately: 
  •  
  • This breaks down to:

• Tint0 is Red
    • Tint1 is Green applied as a screen layer
    • Tint2 is Blue applied as a screen layer
    • Tint3 is an alpha channel
  • When using a packmap this is the map requiring the second most artistic judgement.  Unfortunately it's very technical to work with, which is one of the reasons that we are publishing our Substance Painter shader as that does make it much more intuitive.
  • This map is how you apply colour to the piece.  You have a tremendous amount of control on how the piece will look.
    • It's a layer cake.  Red is the bottom layer.  Green is screened on top and will always be above, Blue is screen above both and will always be above both, Alpha is in the alpha channel and will run over top of everything.  Black areas will not be tinted at all and show the base diffuse (which will be colourless in the case of a packmap).
    • Experiment with this a bit to get a sense of control.  Look at what Mynki did with the Gorgon to be able to get colour interplay between Tint 0 (red) and Tint 1 (green) and not allowing colour to come through in other areas.
  • Note you must have something in the alpha channel, even if you do not intend to use it.  This can be outside the UV shells, but there does need to be at least a small dot of white there.  The community does appreciate it when we make use of all channels though.
  • The Gorgon's Tintmask has interactions between the red and green channels for how it coloursGrineerRifleHeavyAssaultTint_d.png
    •  

Now, this is how it opens:

• Is done with 4 black and white masks.  They are put into the Red, Green, Blue and Alpha channels of an image.

If you're working with Photoshop, that is actually not how you get TintMasks to work. You have to literally color each layer first. So, your bottom red layer should be RGB: 255 0 0. Your green screen layer should be 0 255 0. And your blue screen layer should be 0 0 255. Then create a new channel (it'll automatically be Alpha 1) and then paste your black and white Tint4 in there. Hope this helps some people.

Alright, while everything else is fine for me, the Tint Mask display in the editor is broken for me. What it does, instead of what it's supposed to, is all except pigment 4, the alpha channel layer, don't work whatsoever, and any changes done to pigment 4 tints the ENTIRE model whatever colour I set it to. And these are the example Tint Masks I'm using.

I don't know how this is supposed to be fixed.

Archived