Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

Have you considered including the extra prime parts that come on the prime variants of warframes so that the artists can also make skins work with primes? I think this would be something to look into because skins like Nova's Visage skin look great on default Nova, where as the prime variant has some default prime parts that get in the way/clash with the skin. Another solution to this problem would be to have an option to show/hide extra prime parts EX: Nova's neck rings.

I have a concept for a skin based on an already existing weapon. It would basically be me taking a small portion of the already existing weapon, scaling it up, and then adding what is necessary to complete it. Would I be able to somehow get the model of that already existing weapon to make a completely new model, or would I have to do my best to recreate what I need?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question regarding the creation of helmets.

When one makes a helmet, are we allowed to have physics like Mesa, Saryn Prime, Hydroid, etc's helmets, or is that off limits?

Thanks in advance

On 7/25/2016 at 10:08 AM, Mizui said:

I have a quick question regarding the creation of helmets.

When one makes a helmet, are we allowed to have physics like Mesa, Saryn Prime, Hydroid, etc's helmets, or is that off limits?

Thanks in advance

Yep, try not to go too crazy though.

On 7/12/2016 at 11:37 AM, Wingdude100 said:

I have a concept for a skin based on an already existing weapon. It would basically be me taking a small portion of the already existing weapon, scaling it up, and then adding what is necessary to complete it. Would I be able to somehow get the model of that already existing weapon to make a completely new model, or would I have to do my best to recreate what I need?

We're not accepting weapons at this time.

On 6/30/2016 at 6:39 AM, Quarinah said:

Guess we can't view the alpha channel panning effect from the emissive map in tennogen? 

Not at this time.

On 6/23/2016 at 0:58 AM, Metalfang said:

I'm having issues with the TennoGen tool. Specifically the Tint mask, for some reason, it only uses one of the colors instead of all 4 colors to color my design. Could you look into that?

Do you have an alpha channel that is loading properly?

• 2 weeks later...

@[DE]SizzlingCalamari, @[DE]Kary

I wanted to ask about Atlas, his helmet apparently also include his shoulders, which means certain amount of rigging is needed so that only his head can turn. And rigging is off limit for tennogen. So what should we do? do we just make the helmet including the shoulders and DE will handle the rigging? Or should we make only the turning part of the helmet without the shoulders?

19 hours ago, Rekkou said:

@[DE]SizzlingCalamari, @[DE]Kary

I wanted to ask about Atlas, his helmet apparently also include his shoulders, which means certain amount of rigging is needed so that only his head can turn. And rigging is off limit for tennogen. So what should we do? do we just make the helmet including the shoulders and DE will handle the rigging? Or should we make only the turning part of the helmet without the shoulders?

All the helmets require rigging actually.  The rigging stipulation is more about custom bones that differ from out base rigs (or at least those that are not cloth), but that is complicated so it's been distilled down to no rigging I suppose.  

Atlas is a heck of a design challenge, but it'll actually work pretty much the same as the others.

Just now, [DE]Kary said:

All the helmets require rigging actually.  The rigging stipulation is more about custom bones that differ from out base rigs (or at least those that are not cloth), but that is complicated so it's been distilled down to no rigging I suppose.  

Atlas is a heck of a design challenge, but it'll actually work pretty much the same as the others.

That reminds me, what are the limits in terms of making different kinds of hoods for Ivara? her current one is rigged to the head, but what about hoods that reach the shoulders?

22 hours ago, alexmach1 said:

That reminds me, what are the limits in terms of making different kinds of hoods for Ivara? her current one is rigged to the head, but what about hoods that reach the shoulders?

I asked Mynki and that is a tough one:   "Hmm, not 100% sure what to say. Maybe: Hard to put a definite guideline there aside from saying the limits of the existing skeleton have to be kept in mind. A hood that reaches the shoulders will most likely need to deform based on several bones in the skeleton (ie. top of the hood will follow the head bone, middle will follow the neck, bottom with follow the torso). In that case, deformation may look overly stretchy the further the hood gets from the bone's pivot. If it looks bad enough during some head movements, it may not be worth doing."

There will be a "what you can do" and a "what actually will work" and there is no definitive answer unfortunately.  

On 4/2/2016 at 9:36 AM, lightningstorm112 said:

I love the idea of the tennogen, but the fact that something as small as a helmet is $6 is crazy and completely prevents me from buying anything from that. Why is the price so high?

I agree, the price is just simply too high for just a cosmetic helmet. I think some percentage goes to creator and de, not too little for creator and not too little for de. If possible, I would wish that the prices for the tennogen are less expensive, it'll make it a better money buy considering consoles are able to pay with platinum for the most popular steam items on pc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can the PBR textures for the warframes be included in the content files so we can match the alt helm materials more closely for the Alt helmets? Or if it's not allowed, can we get a guide on how to make a substance material for the rubbery textured skin that was added to the overhauled older frames? (It's different for every frame)

Also the Jotun's beard physics makes it look a lot like blue jello and it kinda lost the nice curve that imo was a defining part of its silhouette. Any chance it could be removed and replaced with something like a teeny bit of snow/mist particles, or will it introduce a lot of issues with clipping?

I like how it sits with the Inaros noble animation though lol

Spoiler

XvFS5zY.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty! Firstly, thanks for everything Tennogen. You guys and the content creators are seriously kickass. <3

Now, I've got a problem. I'm running NoScript in my browser. When I launched Tennogen, it came up as a white, un-formatted page, and links don't do anything, just as a webpage does before I whitelist it with NoScript. To be safe, I uninstalled and reinstalled Tennogen tool, with the same results.

Is it actually NoScript, or is something else going wrong?

I would try whitelisting whatever URL the tool runs off of, but I can't exactly do that as I don't know the URL and right clicking in the tool does nothing. NoScript menus don't pop up, rather. If it IS NoScript, could I maybe possibly get the URL's it needs to run properly, so I can add them? Please and thank you <3

Addendum; For the record, I've whitelisted everything Warframe related in terms of official site URL's. Rather, I've added everything needed to make the official site and forums run properly.

Archived