Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

Hello, I could find no answer to this question and hope it has not been asked before.

I was testing my tint mask with bright colours and only now noticed a bright seam between areas, especially with dark colours.

Is that a mistake on my part? What is the best method to remove/reduce this?

tumblr_ouy1r5Hfcb1ts4z2do2_r1_1280.png

it's because you aren't screening your tint masks properly

http://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=tintmasks

your end result should look like the right image, not the left

GaORT3D.png

6 hours ago, Rekkou said:

I think that's just a problem with tennogen tool engine. I have the same problem but in game it's not apparent

cCpQRG6.png

that's how my tints look inside tennogen tool

1 hour ago, alexmach1 said:

Huh, I've been using GIMP and can't find out what screening means. I thought it's something only photoshop has, so i gave up and made my tint as it is. First time i've read till the bottom and it turns out screening is just setting your layers to screen?

Well, [DE] Syncrasis hope you're ready for 11 updates

On 8/25/2017 at 4:32 PM, DethMagnet said:

I had a question concerning UV's for weapon skins. I'm interested in doing a Galatine variant but don't know if I should overlap my UV's or not or whether or not it matters or not. Any help is appreciated

If I'm assuming correctly, it means you want to have repeated/mirrored parts that share texture space. Yes, this is an efficient way to save texture space.

23 hours ago, Evreyenn said:

I did use the screen method, but the seam shows up between my tintable and black areas. That should not happen as far as I know, right?

Another thing in addition to using the screen blending mode: Adding more overlap to your tints. Just make sure that, when two tints touch each other on the map, the one that is on a lower tint level bleeds a fair amount underneath the higher one. 

Each higher level tint zone (it goes in order of Red, Green, Blue, Alpha, with Red being on the bottom) will cut its shape out of everything below it. When we have overlap, the edges will be clean and without halo. 

If your halo is only happening on the edges of an untintable area, try (very subtly) bleeding the darkness from that area into surrounding areas a little bit on the diffuse texture. Same reason as above: The layer below should bleed under the edge of what's above... in this case, it's bare diffuse texture underneath the entire tintmask. Just make sure not to go too far with this one in particular because it will show under the tints and make them darker.

Hello!!!

Is it valid to keep updating an already submitted entry for the Round 10 Halloween contest?

I am happy with my entry as is now, and was submitted Aug 31st at 6:20 AM - but even if it doesn't get picked, I'd like to take it its most excellent point possible. Would this be OK or make it prone for disqualification? What are the rules around updates and fixes?

Thank you!!! =D

• 1 month later...

wasnt sure where to really put this..but since it IS a question regarding TG...

Will we ever be able to actually BUY tennogen stuff without having to install and use the steam version of warframe to do so? ie. buying directly from the workshop?

I use the standalone client as there are times where i want to share my steam library but still want to play warframe at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to design a Valkyr helmet, I have a question though. Is her halo considered to be part of her standard helmet or is it part of her body? Do I need to keep it in my design or not?

Same thing about the collar, is it part of the helmet or body, and do I need to keep them or not?

Thanks

EfBLuMz.png

On 11/3/2017 at 1:14 PM, Gadorian said:

I want to design a Valkyr helmet, I have a question though. Is her halo considered to be part of her standard helmet or is it part of her body? Do I need to keep it in my design or not?

Same thing about the collar, is it part of the helmet or body, and do I need to keep them or not?

Thanks

I believe they are part of the helm, as you can see they have been changed in an accepted Valkyr Skin like this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124165204

Spoiler

4B1996037A78355B21770E26AFA075D999A9FD51

• 2 weeks later...
Le 03/11/2017 à 14:14, Gadorian a dit :

Both are part of the helmet. You can see that all existing Valkyr helmets dont have these two parts.

Also, they are include in the texture of the helmet and not the body, so it means they go with the helmet.
You can use this way to check for any other Warframes that have separate pieces that attach to the neck or helmet.
For example, the helmet under the dragon pelt is a separate piece and seems to be a part of the helmet but it's linked to the body and we see it inside the textures.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Immediately sorry for my bad English. I have a question and a problem with transparency in the viewport of TennoGen tool.
In my model, I want to use a transparent glass, In the "AWFExport" no opacity channel, I added it to the alpha channel of the base color - It is right?
I have a little doubt about this, because I see a graphical bug in the viewport TennoGen tool. Part of the polygons is lost when viewed through a translucent surface, I have checked the model many times, the vertex normals, they are all right, but in this place they disappear.

ZzmdjoA.png
Not displayed:
Yi0zib6.png
displayed:
UuPv8Zr.png
Model, normal vertex:
qfawKQk.png

I made some mistakes or it's a bug?

il y a 16 minutes, Felikin-ya a dit :

Hi. Immediately sorry for my bad English. I have a question and a problem with transparency in the viewport of TennoGen tool.
In my model, I want to use a transparent glass, In the "AWFExport" no opacity channel, I added it to the alpha channel of the base color - It is right?
I have a little doubt about this, because I see a graphical bug in the viewport TennoGen tool. Part of the polygons is lost when viewed through a translucent surface, I have checked the model many times, the vertex normals, they are all right, but in this place they disappear.

Masquer le contenu

ZzmdjoA.png
Not displayed:
Yi0zib6.png
displayed:
UuPv8Zr.png
Model, normal vertex:
qfawKQk.png

I made some mistakes or it's a bug?

Vertex normal and face normal are differents things, so maybe your face normal is reverted but not the vertex normal.
Also check if the problem isn't from your subtance scene, maybe you set some transparency on the part that is invisible on the Tennogen tool.

• 1 month later...

I see a whole lot of etching like things with alot of models, maybe mostly Zbrush? Is that like actually in the model? And if so, do triangle reducing functions really work out and get it under the triangle limit?

I am currently trying to make a syandana with blender, and so far I'm limited to vertex mode.

Archived