Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

5 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

These have all been reported to the team, thank you for sharing them here! I don't have any ETA on fixes, as they are still being investigated.

Thank you it has been so long since the garuda skin problem was around. 

When using Raiji Syandana on Wisp (or frames equipped with her animations) and she does any animation that involves splitting herself and her spectral self, it creates 3 instances of the Raiji Syandana. One for you, one for your ghost, and a third that appears as a static unmoving object below you

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-11 at 7:06 PM, EmberStar said:

Octavia's Mithra skin is applying the Energy color to her helmet ponytails and to the Madachord arcs on her main body.

Revenant's ghost-fire plumes are also taking their color from his Energy color, in addition to still being really bright.  Before the changes to Emissive and Energy, the ghost plumes were fainter and more ghostly looking.  Now you can't even see the geometry of his left arm at all with the default colors.

This is intentional! FX is set up to use energy colour, emissives use emissive colour. The difference wasn't obvious when emissives and energy used the same channel for colours, but the distinction between the two is a result of how skins are set up.

On 2019-06-11 at 7:06 PM, EmberStar said:

Last time I checked, Trinity Prime's helmet is not properly sharing the Emissive channel with the rest of her body using the default colors.  When I checked, her faceplate was glowing bright blue, while the rest of her emissive markings were orange-red.

Is this specifically for Trinity Prime or TennoGen helmets used on her? 🙂

14 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

My understanding is he's talking about the TennoBet script, which follows the same rules as Revenant and etc. They are their own texture with its own data (ie. default red color), just like Revenant or Octavia's stuff.

What I'm wondering is, since right now even the defaults are broken because of spaghetti, is it possible to furhter separate these on said frames and add a UI slot for them? I know that database and coding are issues for that, but I think it's going to make everything easier for everyone in the long run.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This is intentional! FX is set up to use energy colour, emissives use emissive colour. The difference wasn't obvious when emissives and energy used the same channel for colours, but the distinction between the two is a result of how skins are set up.

Specifically for the scrolling letters on Trinity Prime's helmet.  It stands out because it fails to match the rest of her armor.  If it's an intentional part of the emissive change, I really hope you reconsider it.  Because the default looks pretty awful (to me) and the only way to make it match also requires changing her default energy colors.  Of the ones I've tested, Trinity's Tennogen helmets seem to look fine.

Personally, I dislike having cosmetic details (Revenant's ghost flames, Octavia's Mandachord arcs, Octavia Mithra's ponytails) tied to the Emissive channel.  It's really a giant step backwards, because it means you're still locked to using your energy colors to alter you frame's non-combat appearance.  Especially for Octavia Mithra, where I'd really *LIKE* to keep her default Pop Idol pink ponytails, but NOT have such bright pink for her powers or mandachord arcs.  It sort of completely ruins the look to try to use more subdued energy colors when it *also* effectively erases parts of the armor cosmetics.  😞

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Specifically for the scrolling letters on Trinity Prime's helmet.  It stands out because it fails to match the rest of her armor.  If it's an intentional part of the emissive change, I really hope you reconsider it.  Because the default looks pretty awful (to me) and the only way to make it match also requires changing her default energy colors.  Of the ones I've tested, Trinity's Tennogen helmets seem to look fine. 

Personally, I dislike having cosmetic details (Revenant's ghost flames, Octavia's Mandachord arcs, Octavia Mithra's ponytails) tied to the Emissive channel.  It's really a giant step backwards, because it means you're still locked to using your energy colors to alter you frame's non-combat appearance.  Especially for Octavia Mithra, where I'd really *LIKE* to keep her default Pop Idol pink ponytails, but NOT have such bright pink for her powers or mandachord arcs.  It sort of completely ruins the look to try to use more subdued energy colors when it *also* effectively erases parts of the armor cosmetics.  😞 

The thing is the defaults are bugged: Trinity's script is supposed to be red and Octavia's struff is supposed to be pink, but because custom colors were not being saved, they forced/overrided the Energy value even at default.

What I want is DE to fix defaults, I want my red script back with everything esle at their intended color, as Mynki designed it 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-08 at 1:15 AM, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

I just noticed that the tail on Wukong's Mithra skin has been changed to be the exact same as that of the Auman skin, both by different creators and neither being the same tail as the base model.

Thanks, looking into this now!

not sure if it pertains to here or UI feedback, but: Will we ever get the ability to toggle Prime Parts when previewing tennogen skins? All these skins are being based around the non prime models and with many of the frames having prime variants now it makes little sense to buy a skin and not see what it looks like on the prime frames. There are a few frames I have that look great with Prime parts on and some that look good with them off, unfortunately we only know that AFTER we buy the skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm currently having problems trying to load just the normal map on the Tennogen app. I have baked it properly and for some reason the normal map projection isn't matching at all. I've loaded the model on different 3d softwares and it works perfectly, it allows me to paint and all. The normal map is correct, curvature, AO, etc... but I don't understand why it won't work on your app. Am I missing something?

Here some images:

1: This one works as you can see, the bake has no errors

298F8lq.jpg

2:This is the same but with no maps, this is raw low-poly single smooth groupQXleerH.jpg

3: ok till now seems to work. But after loading it into tennogen app, this happens:lX8nBx2.jpg

- I already tryed modifying the png texture rotating to every direction, flip in all possible axis and combinations and...I honestly have no clue about what's happening here.

Is there and extra step I must do to make the tennogen app read the texture properly?

I checked the Loki obj you allow us to download on tennogen and it is set to UV0 and UV1 to right, but in the other hand, the texture is set as vertical.

Having that in mind, my UVs space is currently set to UV0 and UV1 downwards direction, I also tryed UV0 and UV1 flowing to right direction. Both directions are giving me the same results, wrong ones.

Please I really need to know what's happening.

Thanks for your attention. Cheers.

EDIT: 

I Solved it...

So sry for bothering you! Let me explain what happened. It may be usefull for others having this issue...or not. I don't know.

Turns out that baking it in square format 1:1, and changing the ratio afterwards, to make it fit to 2:1 or 1:2, the 3D programs create like a secondary option, let's call it "choice", which will be written on the Obj. file you are exporting.

If you don't set that "choice" as the main one your ratio change won't be present on the final file.

I didn't see that option and I was exporting my Obj file with the original ratio which was, as I said, 1:1.

That's why it's, totally, entirely and crying out loud " MY BAD".

I'm so sorry for bothering you. Thanks again.

Cheers ❤️

Sorry for my English I hope you understood what I said.

I've had this question in the back of my head for ages, and I don't expect a reply to this version either.

So, is the reason there's been radio silence about the idea of Operator Suit Tennogen due to the fact that adult Operators are going to be a thing, and as a result, it'd be easier to release them, then release the assets for both teen-o and adult?

• 2 weeks later...

We are going onto 4 years of this program, @[DE]Taylor. When will this program be available for those of us who don't launch through Steam? I don't have the patience nor the bandwidth (Only 6mbps download speed) to reinstall the game through Steam.

The FAQ states, and I quote... (I hate this Invision Board Editor so...)

On 2015-10-21 at 4:17 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

I don't use Steam - how do I get the skins?

We are keeping the content to Steam right now - once we are confident the program is a success, we are exploring other platforms with the content creators. Contracts outside of Steam take time, and we will approach this as quickly as we can once we get a sense of participation in the program.

So what's the status on this coming OUT of requiring Steam to access the Tennogen content? You already install all of the tennogen content files to us, why is it all hidden?

Hello! I was wondering if you guys are going to fix clipping issues with some items? for instance; (Frost harka elbow piece going through this... I bought the animation  set before the syandana, and i wanted the syandana first... So finding out it clips after like $20+ spent into it... mildy upsetting, either way I'm still happy with my purchase! (Replala Syandana btw)
 unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have 2 questions about tennogen submissions that may be answered before, but I may have missed them after using the search bar:

--After the deadline for #17, is it possible to still submit updates to the tennogen files in the steam workshop/ tennogen program to "qualify" for round 17 or is the last update/submission considered "final" after the deadline?

--Am I required to make a thread/post in the warframe workshop forums? (For whatever reason I couldn't post anything until just now, in fact this is the first message I was able to type, so I feel it might be pointless/too late to start a topic this many days after submitting it on steam)

Thanks

il y a 9 minutes, CoconutImmigration a dit :

--After the deadline for #17, is it possible to still submit updates to the tennogen files in the steam workshop/ tennogen program to "qualify" for round 17 or is the last update/submission considered "final" after the deadline?

From what I understood, everything posted OR updated after the deadline is not elligible for the current round,so even if your submission was ready and you updated for very small tweaks, it won't be considered.I'm not 100% sure but it sounds fair as they have no way to actually see what previous updates contained and then, can't know what have been done before or after the deadline.

il y a 12 minutes, CoconutImmigration a dit :

--Am I required to make a thread/post in the warframe workshop forums? (For whatever reason I couldn't post anything until just now, in fact this is the first message I was able to type, so I feel it might be pointless/too late to start a topic this many days after submitting it on steam)

No, posting on the forum just help promoting your workshop submission, gather feedback from people and/or post work in progress of your stuff.

am currently concepting a Gauss Alt helmet and wanted to know more about transforming helmets. I know I don't rig the mesh itself when I submit it. When created should the mesh be connected together at all times or can it be multiple meshes and some popping out of the main one? Within the tri count limits given of course.

On 2019-08-31 at 9:30 AM, CoconutImmigration said:

We review items immediately after the deadline closes, so any additional changes that are made will not be considered. If we are interested in accepting a piece that needs a few final tweaks, we will work with the creator to get those done after the deadline, but that is only handled on a case-by-case basis.

• 4 weeks later...

The Jotunheim Syandana appears to be using Energy color from the Warframe and not the Syandana.

e.g. I've got a frame with blue and pink energy

My syandana energy is double blue, yet is still getting pink, change the pink on the warframe itselfs energy to blue and it's double blue on my syandana like I wanted.

Archived