[DE]Rebecca

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

5 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

These have all been reported to the team, thank you for sharing them here! I don't have any ETA on fixes, as they are still being investigated.

Thank you it has been so long since the garuda skin problem was around. 

When using Raiji Syandana on Wisp (or frames equipped with her animations) and she does any animation that involves splitting herself and her spectral self, it creates 3 instances of the Raiji Syandana. One for you, one for your ghost, and a third that appears as a static unmoving object below you

Tennogen items are showing up as costing 0.00. Made an thread before I saw that bug reports go here, so here it is if it needs to be merged

On 2019-06-11 at 7:06 PM, EmberStar said:

Octavia's Mithra skin is applying the Energy color to her helmet ponytails and to the Madachord arcs on her main body.

Revenant's ghost-fire plumes are also taking their color from his Energy color, in addition to still being really bright.  Before the changes to Emissive and Energy, the ghost plumes were fainter and more ghostly looking.  Now you can't even see the geometry of his left arm at all with the default colors.

This is intentional! FX is set up to use energy colour, emissives use emissive colour. The difference wasn't obvious when emissives and energy used the same channel for colours, but the distinction between the two is a result of how skins are set up.

On 2019-06-11 at 7:06 PM, EmberStar said:

Last time I checked, Trinity Prime's helmet is not properly sharing the Emissive channel with the rest of her body using the default colors.  When I checked, her faceplate was glowing bright blue, while the rest of her emissive markings were orange-red.

Is this specifically for Trinity Prime or TennoGen helmets used on her? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

My understanding is he's talking about the TennoBet script, which follows the same rules as Revenant and etc. They are their own texture with its own data (ie. default red color), just like Revenant or Octavia's stuff.

What I'm wondering is, since right now even the defaults are broken because of spaghetti, is it possible to furhter separate these on said frames and add a UI slot for them? I know that database and coding are issues for that, but I think it's going to make everything easier for everyone in the long run.

Edited by NightmareT12

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This is intentional! FX is set up to use energy colour, emissives use emissive colour. The difference wasn't obvious when emissives and energy used the same channel for colours, but the distinction between the two is a result of how skins are set up.

Specifically for the scrolling letters on Trinity Prime's helmet.  It stands out because it fails to match the rest of her armor.  If it's an intentional part of the emissive change, I really hope you reconsider it.  Because the default looks pretty awful (to me) and the only way to make it match also requires changing her default energy colors.  Of the ones I've tested, Trinity's Tennogen helmets seem to look fine.

Personally, I dislike having cosmetic details (Revenant's ghost flames, Octavia's Mandachord arcs, Octavia Mithra's ponytails) tied to the Emissive channel.  It's really a giant step backwards, because it means you're still locked to using your energy colors to alter you frame's non-combat appearance.  Especially for Octavia Mithra, where I'd really *LIKE* to keep her default Pop Idol pink ponytails, but NOT have such bright pink for her powers or mandachord arcs.  It sort of completely ruins the look to try to use more subdued energy colors when it *also* effectively erases parts of the armor cosmetics.  😞

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Specifically for the scrolling letters on Trinity Prime's helmet.  It stands out because it fails to match the rest of her armor.  If it's an intentional part of the emissive change, I really hope you reconsider it.  Because the default looks pretty awful (to me) and the only way to make it match also requires changing her default energy colors.  Of the ones I've tested, Trinity's Tennogen helmets seem to look fine. 

Personally, I dislike having cosmetic details (Revenant's ghost flames, Octavia's Mandachord arcs, Octavia Mithra's ponytails) tied to the Emissive channel.  It's really a giant step backwards, because it means you're still locked to using your energy colors to alter you frame's non-combat appearance.  Especially for Octavia Mithra, where I'd really *LIKE* to keep her default Pop Idol pink ponytails, but NOT have such bright pink for her powers or mandachord arcs.  It sort of completely ruins the look to try to use more subdued energy colors when it *also* effectively erases parts of the armor cosmetics.  😞 

The thing is the defaults are bugged: Trinity's script is supposed to be red and Octavia's struff is supposed to be pink, but because custom colors were not being saved, they forced/overrided the Energy value even at default.

What I want is DE to fix defaults, I want my red script back with everything esle at their intended color, as Mynki designed it 😞

Edited by NightmareT12

I just noticed that the tail on Wukong's Mithra skin has been changed to be the exact same as that of the Auman skin, both by different creators and neither being the same tail as the base model.

On 2019-07-08 at 1:15 AM, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

I just noticed that the tail on Wukong's Mithra skin has been changed to be the exact same as that of the Auman skin, both by different creators and neither being the same tail as the base model.

Thanks, looking into this now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Thanks, looking into this now!

I think it was fixed on console yesterday. 😬

Edit: That reaction wasn't me.

Edited by (PS4)The_Verethragna

not sure if it pertains to here or UI feedback, but: Will we ever get the ability to toggle Prime Parts when previewing tennogen skins? All these skins are being based around the non prime models and with many of the frames having prime variants now it makes little sense to buy a skin and not see what it looks like on the prime frames. There are a few frames I have that look great with Prime parts on and some that look good with them off, unfortunately we only know that AFTER we buy the skin.

Don't own the item, but was reading this now on the Art subforum for the Enthra Syandana:

Looks like FPS and VSync play a role with the physics of the Syandana.