Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

Amprex's tint mask doesn't seem to be working at all!

sCzUouw.png

Also I'm having a very hard time trying to reverse engineer the diffuse/albedo.

W45mR0G.png

Could we maybe get a UV map or wireframe texture guide for stuff?

Most 3d applications that support textures have a way to export wireframes over uvs as jpegs or other image formats. I would refer to the documentation of your 3d application on how to do so since it is different for each program.

Hi i got 2 questions. 1 how do i make the Mask layers (the ones that come in the zip file) work? they do nothing and i really want to be able to color the stuff

and 2 why is the mantis normal layer not working as it should?

thanks for any answers ^^

Most 3d applications that support textures have a way to export wireframes over uvs as jpegs or other image formats. I would refer to the documentation of your 3d application on how to do so since it is different for each program.

I don't know how to use 3D modelling applications, I just know how to texture.

Question: My Test Mesh for my Syandana is 4x The triangle count when I view it on the Tennogen Viewer than in Blender. How do I optimize/fix that?
Here are two images showing my issue....
I exported it using the obj exporter in blender, and then imported it directly to the Tennogen Tool.

Tennogen viewer: Seen on Bottom left, 856 Tris
CHMHWhS.png

Blender Edit Mode: Seen on top right, 214 Tris
0LXi9y6.png

Question: Is this enough to host with either low to tolerable lag? 800-900 kbs down, 50-200 kbs up (the upload speed jumps a lot). My friend I'm going to play with has about 200 kbs down, not sure about his upload speed.

Dude , this isn't a general bug post...everything here is about steam workshop/tennogen stuff. Delete and move this to the appropriate thread

I apologize for adding yet another barrage of questions to this thread. I just want to see the limitations for the concepts I am creating.

1) I opened the example fbx in which Excalibur is face down with a syandana on his back. Is this is the preferred position and orientation of submitting a syandana mesh or exporting one?

2)I have yet to see bones in any of the fbx's. Is this because we are not to skin or add bones to any of what we make?

3)What are our limitations of add-ons for syandanas, as they can be wholly created from the ground up? Can we specify things such as effects emitters anchored at points on our model? Or would this be not possible within the engine, and we should stick with just mesh and textures?

4)Looking at some of the previously existing syandanas, I have found that the Asa Syandana has a scrolling texture (or so I assume) for the fluid part of the mesh. Can we add these as a feature for our new creations or would you prefer we stick with the shader that you normally use and described within the documentation?

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer so many questions.

Some questions:

1. What export settings should I use for exporting OBJs from Blender? Everything I've tried so far has either not loaded into Tennogen at all, or loaded an empty mesh into Tennogen.

2. How to set up the alpha channel to work correctly for tint masks in GIMP? Every time I've tried so far, no colours are applied to transparent areas despite having screened other tint masks over that area.

Question: My Test Mesh for my Syandana is 4x The triangle count when I view it on the Tennogen Viewer than in Blender. How do I optimize/fix that?

Here are two images showing my issue....

I exported it using the obj exporter in blender, and then imported it directly to the Tennogen Tool.

Tennogen viewer: Seen on Bottom left, 856 Tris

-snip-

Blender Edit Mode: Seen on top right, 214 Tris

-snip-

Uhh, I'm not an expert with Blender, but in Maya sometimes you can have your polycount set to viewable faces. Either it could be you have hidden faces, or more likely the engine is converting everything to triangles (as most game engines naturally do) and your quads were split into tris. A good rule of thumb is to convert everything to tris when exporting just to know what your final poly count is. *shrugs* Or well, it could be something completely different... Again, I've never used Blender before.

Edit: Also looking at your edge flow again, you could probably get rid of some of the edges around the pivot cup area. The edge rings coming from it aren't adding much to your geometry's silhouette. You could get rid of those just to optimize it a bit more. 

Hope that helps! :)

Can we have a randomize button for the tint mask colours?

Also I've noticed my normal map acting a bit weird, does the Warframe engine use normal maps with a flipped axis?

I think they do. I have to flip them when exporting out of zbrush.

Uhh, I'm not an expert with Blender, but in Maya sometimes you can have your polycount set to viewable faces. Either it could be you have hidden faces, or more likely the engine is converting everything to triangles (as most game engines naturally do) and your quads were split into tris. A good rule of thumb is to convert everything to tris when exporting just to know what your final poly count is. *shrugs* Or well, it could be something completely different... Again, I've never used Blender before.

Edit: Also looking at your edge flow again, you could probably get rid of some of the edges around the pivot cup area. The edge rings coming from it aren't adding much to your geometry's silhouette. You could get rid of those just to optimize it a bit more. 

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks for the tips dude :P I was trying to avoid long triangles. I might even use a simplier mesh/change the models again :P

I hope exporting it to tris will reduce my polycount..

I only ask once, and i hope someone from DE staff will respond.

Pay for this stuff? Since Valve didin't give up with paid mods.

I want to ask, will content creators be able to put some of their stuff for free? I'm all out for paying modders for their hard work, but, well, look how Paid mods went for valve.

Tennogen stuffs won't be sold through Steam Market. It'll be sold through in-game market, purchasable through plat only after voted through the Steam Gallery and filtered by DE. For the 30% share, IDK if it will be paid in plat or cash (with the usual conversion rate w/o discount), but most possibly in plat, since with cash, it'll just bring another unnecessary matters to be handled.

AFAIK, no, Tennogen stuffs won't be free. Consider these items as skins/cosmetic, which is as the other cosmetic items in the WF market, is only purchasable with plat.

Please CMIIW tho.

Archived