Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

1) Not sure what you mean here.  If it's just 'how the bow's strings are made' it's just an only emis texture with a panning alpha.  We vary the brightness and the speed of the pan as the string is pulled etc.  That you could do, but sure if it is what you are looking for though.

2) Yes.  Polys facing in both directions that are co-planar works fine.  The example Syandana is setup that way IIRC.

1. Thank you, but what kind of geo this textures applied to, what does it made of? Is it shaped by deformers or bonemodified polygons? Well, what way should I move to get solid, not animated, strings that looks like strings on bow? Give me an advice, if you please.

2. I feel so dumb that I forgot to explore example files just before asking stupid questions -_-. Thank you, Kary.

I should have put this post here but oh well. a quick copy paste:

For those of us making Syandanas, do you want us to combine all the meshes in to one object or leave it be.  For example the syandana I'm currently working on has 6 separate objects. Should I leave it be or should I compile them together for fewer texture files?

Link to my progress thread for connivence: https://forums.warfr...ndana-workshop/

1. Thank you, but what kind of geo this textures applied to, what does it made of? Is it shaped by deformers or bonemodified polygons? Well, what way should I move to get solid, not animated, strings that looks like strings on bow? Give me an advice, if you please.

2. I feel so dumb that I forgot to explore example files just before asking stupid questions -_-. Thank you, Kary.

Ah the strings on the bows are modified by bones -- we are not looking for that kind of content at this point as it gets very complex to communicate the intention to rigging and those guys are very busy already.  

If you want the glowing look of a bow string and just have it move due to the cloth simulation that is fine.

I should have put this post here but oh well. a quick copy paste:

For those of us making Syandanas, do you want us to combine all the meshes in to one object or leave it be.  For example the syandana I'm currently working on has 6 separate objects. Should I leave it be or should I compile them together for fewer texture files?

Link to my progress thread for connivence: https://forums.warfr...ndana-workshop/

All textures for a Syandana have to be in one 1024x1024 map.  You can keep elements as separately named objects if you want -- Syandanas will have to go through a moderately complex setup by us to work in game.

I have a question:

How do I paint emblem/patterns on my Amprex? Because I used it for GIMP to make my own creativity, like, flowers, paws or something else. 

You'll have to look at our texturing guide and see how to apply that w/ GIMP -- I'm not familiar with it.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but any time i load any of my own Weapon .obj's into Tennogen it just doesn't load them in at all, in fact it shows no sign of anything happening. Loading the Polycount obj's works fine. 

I modelled my models in Blender and exported them, then i also tried using 3ds Max to export using the Export Setting shown on the TennoGen, i also Deleted any Illegal Polys. Can anyone help?

So i have seen the date being thrown around, 6th of November for submissions for the first round? Can someone from DE Please clarify the first date things will be looked at please ? I am unable to find any dates anywhere.

Yeah, DE said they'll decide on the first round on the 6th. They said it in the devstream, I think.

SO question. If I had already filled out the payment acceptance stuff for steam workshop... how do I change that information? Because someone had stolen my credit card, so I needed to get a new one, so now I have to put in new information about it, which I can't seem to figure out how to do.

SO question. If I had already filled out the payment acceptance stuff for steam workshop... how do I change that information? Because someone had stolen my credit card, so I needed to get a new one, so now I have to put in new information about it, which I can't seem to figure out how to do.

You'll need to contact Steam Support to resolve this issue. https://support.steampowered.com/

All textures for a Syandana have to be in one 1024x1024 map. You can keep elements as separately named objects if you want -- Syandanas will have to go through a moderately complex setup by us to work in game.

You'll have to look at our texturing guide and see how to apply that w/ GIMP -- I'm not familiar with it.

Are we allowed to have 1x2 textures? My Syandana submission has a separate set of 1024x512 textures for the wings and the base for the panning emission, but now I'm wondering if I should rebake the textures to a square one

Are we allowed to have 1x2 textures? My Syandana submission has a separate set of 1024x512 textures for the wings and the base for the panning emission, but now I'm wondering if I should rebake the textures to a square one

your answer is literally at the top of this page... "one 1024x1024 map", so not only do you need to have a 1024x2024 map (so, that'd mean no 1x2 textures), but you need one texture for all your various parts (so, no separate set of textures).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but any time i load any of my own Weapon .obj's into Tennogen it just doesn't load them in at all, in fact it shows no sign of anything happening. Loading the Polycount obj's works fine. 

I modelled my models in Blender and exported them, then i also tried using 3ds Max to export using the Export Setting shown on the TennoGen, i also Deleted any Illegal Polys. Can anyone help?

I have the same problem. Did you find out?

Hey, I seem to be having a little problem, I have my model in tennogen, it looks fine, I add a diffuse map, still looks fine, but add any other maps other than emissive.. and the entire blade of my weapon  just fully blacks out. Normal map, spec, roughness, all make it black. It even randomly bleeds out and colors part of the emissives black too. In substance painter it looks fine, it's not super reflective or anything so its not just a metal issue, and changing the lighting does nothing to the black parts, just whites out the rest. Any ideas how to fix this? Ive tried each of those maps on their own and they make it black own their own too so its not just the one map

Will I be able to actually send a Kronen.obj skin to the workshop since they say it's currently restricted to those weapons?

Will my kronen skin be reviewed as well?

EDIT : I Managed to get hold of a good number of weapon.obj files through source coding am i allowed to use them in the steam workshop and will they be reviewed?

Archived