Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

Just noticed the first wave integration of steam workshop items, nice! 

Minor feedback:

At a first glace, it was hard to tell where to go and purchase the skins in the market. I actually had to search for comments on where the purchase page is. Maybe adding "steam workshop" title along with the steam logo would be more clear on where the tab is. 

Just noticed the first wave integration of steam workshop items, nice! 

Minor feedback:

At a first glace, it was hard to tell where to go and purchase the skins in the market. I actually had to search for comments on where the purchase page is. Maybe adding "steam workshop" title along with the steam logo would be more clear on where the tab is. 

Oh wow, I just had the same experience. That little Steam icon is something I automatically ignore in context of all the text buttons. Just replacing it with text or adding "workshop" next to it would do it for me.

Hey, I seem to be having a little problem, I have my model in tennogen, it looks fine, I add a diffuse map, still looks fine, but add any other maps other than emissive.. and the entire blade of my weapon  just fully blacks out. Normal map, spec, roughness, all make it black. It even randomly bleeds out and colors part of the emissives black too. In substance painter it looks fine, it's not super reflective or anything so its not just a metal issue, and changing the lighting does nothing to the black parts, just whites out the rest. Any ideas how to fix this? Ive tried each of those maps on their own and they make it black own their own too so its not just the one map

That is a bit weird... stab in the dark:  Do those pngs have an alpha channel?  Usually everything other than the the tint (and sometimes the diffuse) don't have alpha.

Will I be able to actually send a Kronen.obj skin to the workshop since they say it's currently restricted to those weapons?

Will my kronen skin be reviewed as well?

EDIT : I Managed to get hold of a good number of weapon.obj files through source coding am i allowed to use them in the steam workshop and will they be reviewed?

That will let you get a headstart, and we'll have no way of knowing that.  Don't intend to accept them until we put the content files out w/ AO, uncompressed normals, etc for an even playing field.

I would be happy to see a custom shader in Sketchfab that has the Tennogen input maps. I don't know how will the collaboration between the two would happen, but it would be awesome for creators who doesn't have access for paid software like Marmoset.
And it would be really awesome for other people to actually see the model in Sketchfab and be able to change the Tint Map colors on the previewer(outside the sketchfab editor/in actual preview mode)

OR

The tennogen tool be upgraded in the future. Things like setting the background from the solid gray to other colors/gradients/ or the blurred version of the skybox being reflected.

Interchangeable skybox + skybox modifications (blur/brightness/rotation)

Compositing Options like Brightness/Saturation/Color Correction/Bloom(especially bloom, it would be awesome to see the emissive maps actually glow in the tennogen)

That's all :P

What I've been doing for both Marmoset and Sketchfab is just make a separate PSD file with the tintmask layers cut out from each other and set to multiply, and change your tints there to save out a map to use in your renderer of choice. 

You're asking for a tintmask plugin for Sketchfab though, yeah? 

So how do I get one of the currently accepted cosmetics? I dunno how or where to buy them, and nothing shows up on either the steam page or the Warframe market

if you open up the Market menu their should be steam icon, one click on that and you should see them.

If our item is already ingame but we want to update the textures, would we be able to?

I would rather not for smaller tweaks, but if it's a large change that you think adds a lot of value we can.  Note:  If I've already had to rework files to make them function (IE: Screening the tintmasks, creating a roughness map so there is some surface variation) I will not be repeating the work if the files are broken again.  

I'm absolutely not saying that your particular piece suffered from that, but some of them did.  

I am curious about the range of technical creativity we are allowed with creating Syndanas.

For example, could we create custom placement for syndanas or even have syndanas created just for a specific Warframe (such as Nekros or Valkyr's)? Could we have a Syndana that is more like a coat tail that sprouts from the lower back? Or a more 'loin cloth' Syndana design? Or even have a design that has multiple anchors, such as a cape that attaches to the back, and to the elbows, with cloth connected between them?

I would like to explore the creativity of such possibilities, but I am afraid of being disqualified due to technicality.

for alt helmets... do we have to stay under the 3000 tri budget, or is there some flexibility?

i ended up 48 over

Well the budgets are there for reason, if many objects ended up overbudget then it will impact the game as a whole. There can be few exception, but i doubt they will allow it on fanmade product which is already less supervised in the first place.

Well the budgets are there for reason, if many objects ended up overbudget then it will impact the game as a whole. There can be few exception, but i doubt they will allow it on fanmade product which is already less supervised in the first place.

turns out they changed the listed 3000 to 5000

no longer over budget, winning

• 2 weeks later...

for alt helmets... do we have to stay under the 3000 tri budget, or is there some flexibility?

i ended up 48 over

Yep specs were updated, sorry about the confusion.  Original docs were written in May and the gap between that and the edits just before launch had a few things fall through the cracks :|

I am curious about the range of technical creativity we are allowed with creating Syndanas.

For example, could we create custom placement for syndanas or even have syndanas created just for a specific Warframe (such as Nekros or Valkyr's)? Could we have a Syndana that is more like a coat tail that sprouts from the lower back? Or a more 'loin cloth' Syndana design? Or even have a design that has multiple anchors, such as a cape that attaches to the back, and to the elbows, with cloth connected between them?

I would like to explore the creativity of such possibilities, but I am afraid of being disqualified due to technicality.

Yep we have a lot of similar ideas / desires, unfortunately the more unique / specific to a single Warframe the risk to reward ratio gets worse.  The deluxe skins are starting to let us do a bit more of that in a focused way, but those are a fair bit of work (multiple departments, some of whom are already running right at capacity etc).

For the moment we're looking for bold graphic work that can fit any frame without intense implementation.  The options that we have within that are still quite broad, Syandanas are a pretty forgiving -- lots of cool graphic / shape / material / etc options aren't explored yet.  We'll continue to work on that pipeline and try to open up more specific options as we go.

• 3 weeks later...

@Colindapieman, go on your submission  >  article statistics (top right corner) and you can see total visitors, total votes, postives vote and negatives votes.

@DanDrac0, yes, you can. When you submit your helmet, you just have to share the income with the second artist. If you do that, the helmet will be on your workshop and his workshop.

I still waiting an answer to my question :c

I'm not sure if anyone's had this problem, but when I try to get SuperPNG to work [both the current version and the older version that other forums claim is better] in Photoshop CS5, Photoshop gives absolutely zero indication that it's working at all. Shift+dragging files into PS doesn't bring up the SuperPNG options menu, and saving out files as .png don't save the channel data either.

Please, is there anyone who can help me through this? I've followed every lead I can find on installing and using SuperPNG, the documentation is terrible to nonexistent, and I'm considerably frustrated at trying for hours to find a solution to a problem that nobody else seems to be having.

Its realy cool when some one can create the teno skin but i dont like only one thing whay others players cant get those things bicos thei dont have steam its realy sucks i love this game its my nuber one but you can give those skins and for those wich dont have steam

I'm not sure if anyone's had this problem, but when I try to get SuperPNG to work [both the current version and the older version that other forums claim is better] in Photoshop CS5, Photoshop gives absolutely zero indication that it's working at all. Shift+dragging files into PS doesn't bring up the SuperPNG options menu, and saving out files as .png don't save the channel data either.

Please, is there anyone who can help me through this? I've followed every lead I can find on installing and using SuperPNG, the documentation is terrible to nonexistent, and I'm considerably frustrated at trying for hours to find a solution to a problem that nobody else seems to be having.

When you're saving your png, there should be an option to select a SuperPNG .png file.

Archived