The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Balance - Not Nerf - New Valkyr

BlackCoMerc

Hysteria: The rate of energy loss speeds up the longer you stay in this mode. The extra Drain does not begin until  2 minute mark, however, and Duration mods can extend this to a max of three minutes. After 180 seconds, however, you begin to lose energy quickly. By 5 minutes energy loss should be nearly unsustainable. 

This will give people nice, long bouts of Hysteria, but still occasionally force Valkyr back into a Vulnerable state. 

Disclaimer: I dont WANT Valkyr nerfed. I really, really dont. She gives players who are less skilled at shooters a great equalizer, especially in the late game. And before you start screaming that SKILL should be the equalizer, and 'git gud, scrub' let me inform you of something.

I HAVE TO play Warframe with a control pad, even on PC. When your doctor tells you prolonged use of a mouse will result in the loss of use of your right hand (past injury), you start to listen. So no matter how much time I put into 'gittin gud' I will never, ever be able to hold my own in kill streak comparisons with other Clan members who aim with a mouse. 

But Saryn and Valkyr let me give it a good run. And Nova lets me contribute in different ways, just as Frost, Loki, Nyx and Duration Rhino can. 

So no, I DO NOT want Valky nerfed. But I KNOW something will have to change. Twenty straight minutes of complete, utter invincibility testifies to that. Because thats never okay in any game. 

So I came up with this compromise suggestion:

-Valkyr haters: She will occasionally HAVE to be vulnerable, if only for a short time at a stretch. You get your "nerf" without completely ruining her usefulness.

-Valkyr lovers: Several MINUTES of consecutive invulnerability, followed by a quick breather to recharge before going right back into the fray. Powerful and dangerous but fatiguing quickly. Very thematic, for a Berserker. 

As for removing her Invulnerability completely: Sure, we can do that. Just as soon as you take away energy waves from Exalted Blade and FORCE a more heavily armored Excalibur into close combat, you can take away Valky's invincibility. Fair is fair, right.

What Rhaenxys said and also, she doesn't need balanced, or nerfed.

If you 've ever used her, you'd know being limited to her melee is balance enough. She has no ranged abilities in hysteria, this reduces her killing potential to almost nothing

i'd have a different suggestion, turing hysteria's invulnerability in a 5-10s damage delay now when hit the damage istances are stored up and dealt after a delay from taking it, now the lifesteal effect and external healing will reduce the stored damage instead of healing and increasing damage delay, this way you'd still be able to survive in melee but you aren't as nigh invulnerable as it is now, tbh perhaps just increasing cast cost to 50-75 might fix everything without needing to nerf the ability itself 

Edited by bl4ckhunter

nice try, homie. Nerf is the only way. Nerf is love, Nerf is LIFE.

can't deny it. Immortality and absolute invulnerability must go.

make it resist damage but not 100% and then a cool down timer on it. 20% up time, 80% downtime :P

Where have you been the last two years?

What Rhaenxys said and also, she doesn't need balanced, or nerfed.

If you 've ever used her, you'd know being limited to her melee is balance enough. She has no ranged abilities in hysteria, this reduces her killing potential to almost nothing

I actually agree with this. The only reason I suggested any Nerf at all was as a counter to the "Hard Nerf" advocates. A middle ground.

But yes folks this person gets it: Melee ONLY, without energy waves, IS a Nerf. She doesnt NEED another one. 

Before the change, people's argument for invincibility was that Valkyr's claws were worse than a regular melee weapon, so you'd trade damage for infinite survivability.

Now the claws are better than your regular melee weapon and people switched to "it's melee" argument.

If you really want to advocate babymode gameplay, you should get better arguments.

Before the change, people's argument for invincibility was that Valkyr's claws were worse than a regular melee weapon, so you'd trade damage for infinite survivability.

Now the claws are better than your regular melee weapon and people switched to "it's melee" argument.

If you really want to advocate babymode gameplay, you should get better arguments.

There where nerf threads before the change?

In the last year, or directly after her release?

So we have just to wait for all the whine to dry out thank god.