Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best All Round Zephyr Build

(PSN)robonot2

Question

4 answers to this question

From my Zephyr tutorial:

Power duration increases Tail Wind's flight distance and makes Turbulence & Tornado last longer. Duration is probably Zephyr's most important stat to mod for, and absolutely essential on any build, but too much duration can make your Tail Wind send you too far (although this can be mitigated; see section 2), causing you to slam into walls. Duration also increases the time before you're able to re-cast Tornado.

Power efficiency does exactly what you would expect. It's essential for being able to use Tail Wind reliably. At max efficiency, Tail Wind will cost 6 energy. Maxing out efficiency is not recommended, however, -50% duration is the minimum loss required to reach the efficiency cap of 75%. Going for 70% efficiency instead will increase Tail Wind's cost from 6 to 7, but only reduce your duration by 40%.

Power strength increases damage dealt by Tornado (and also Tail Wind & Dive Bomb, but that's negligible.) Contrary to popular belief, Tornado's damage is actually pretty reasonable, dealing 9600 total damage when completely unmodded. This can be effectively boosted to 19200 damage when the tornadoes are shot with Viral damage, as the proc halves enemy HP, thus making them die twice as fast. Adding a bit of strength is advisable to boost Tornado's crowd clearing power.

Power range makes Tornadoes spawn further apart, increases the size of Turbulence's radii, and makes Dive Bomb knock enemies down from further away. Both increasing and decreasing range will hurt Zephyr. Increasing range will make your tornadoes spawn further away from each other, but decreasing range may cause them to not spawn on top of enemies at all. As of 16.8.3, increasing range makes Turbulence protect less against hitscan weapons (possibly, needs further testing), but decreasing range makes it protect less against explosives. I would recommend keeping range as close to 100% as possible.

Augments: Jet Stream is Zephyr’s only real augment worth considering. The bonus speed is quite nice, but its helpfulness is diminished by the majority of your mobility coming from not being on the ground. The extra projectile speed can be made use of too, but I personally find that it screws me up due to the difference in speed when Turbulence is up, I often find myself leading my targets too much when Turbulence is up, and too little when it’s down. I prefer having a consistent projectile speed that doesn’t constantly shift on me. Still, this is most likely just me, and you will most likely not experience this issue.

The Tonkor glitch can be incredibly effective as well, but you pretty much have to completely destroy both your Zephyr build and your Tonkor build to make use of it. Your Tonkor will lose damage, and your Zephyr will lose other stats.

In short, Jet Stream is useful if you like it. Do what you want.

My personal 3 forma Zephyr build: http://goo.gl/VDj050

My build is a bit of an unorthodox one. It was designed to get all stats within Zephyr’s perfect sweet spots. +59.5% duration is enough to keep Zephyr alive and keep Tail Wind fast, but isn’t so high that you constantly smash your face against walls and can’t cast Tornado when needed. Tornado becomes quite destructive with this build, its 19200 total damage boosted to about 50632. With Tail Wind costing 7 energy, you’re pretty much never without your maximum possible mobility. I don’t find any Exilus mods to be exceedingly useful on Zephyr, although Patagium could be useful for bombing runs if you happen to be in a tileset open enough to do so. Forma for it at your own discretion.

Still, this build is purely personal. I would strongly recommend experimenting as seeing what works for you. As previously stated, my build is quite unorthodox, so you won’t find many other guides suggesting something similar. Mod how you want.

All rounder you say? ;)

Got you covered:
2rom45i.jpg

This build is perfectly suited to any situation given to you. Efficiency is capped for recasting ease whilst maintaining neutral duration. Good power strength and range is present to further improve Turbulence and Tornado.

ALL WITH CAPPED EFFICIENCY! ;)

Edited by Exmortis-EN-

All rounder you say? ;)

Got you covered:

2rom45i.jpg

This build is perfectly suited to any situation given to you. Efficiency is capped for recasting ease whilst maintaining neutral duration. Good power strength and range is present to further improve Turbulence and Tornado.

ALL WITH CAPPED EFFICIENCY! ;)

lol I'm I the only Zephyr player that doesn't use streamline. I feel it's not worth it and I replaced it with divebomb vortex.