but we cant escape the truth can we?

current status kubrows- * usefulness 1/10

* Looks 10/10

* coolness factor 10/10

Current Sentinels status * usefulness 10/10

* Looks 5/10

* coolness factor 4/10

comparison done between carrier and Chesa as i thought that to be fair

i think the kubrows utility skills should function identical to those of their sentinel counter parts  

i disagree with that kubrows are stronger and tankier yet totaly different (range survivabilty)

so

current status kubrows: usefullness 6/10

looks 9/10

coolnes factor 10/10

sentinels are:                 usefullness 8/10

looks  4/10

coolness 7/10

Raksa and Huras are amazing. Other Kubrows might need a slight buff.

To be honest I'd always take Raksa or Huras over any sentinel for a few reasons.

- They actually distract enemies

- Their abilities are helpful for surviving (both Howl and Stalk saved me in tricky situations quite a few times. The only sentinel that could try to come close is Wyrm, but he's not as good at that)

- They don't die from a fart

- You can revive them

Raksa and Huras are amazing. Other Kubrows might need a slight buff.

To be honest I'd always take Raksa or Huras over any sentinel for a few reasons.

- They actually distract enemies

- Their abilities are helpful for surviving (both Howl and Stalk saved me in tricky situations quite a few times. The only sentinel that could try to come close is Wyrm, but he's not as good at that)

- They don't die from a fart

- You can revive them

i agree some are nice the others not at all i like the kubrows over the sentinel any day problem is why would i take a kubrow that brings me 1 item and then leaves the rest behind if thats the case i could do the job faster and better my self then they might as well remove them

Despite the fact that kubrows do about 5x more damage, can have over 2-3k health AND shields, plus can be revived, NOT TO MENTION, all have stronger skills to sentinels.

Everyone compares them to carrier, because they are lazy and don't want to pick up items themselves.

I understand the expectation however, the utility may seem the same but the code is completely different. Vacum is able to constantly pick things up whether you're moving or not because it's a stationary Vortex over your shoulder that pulls loot . Chesas' have a completely different* code based upon the general movement and path finding scrips of Kubrows. (which is pretty scary sometimes) So you pretty much have to stay completely still in order for your chesa to really do it's job. So though it seems like a fair comparison, it is not, nor will it probably ever function the same and this goes for most other Kubrow abilities as well..

Edited by Foxhound4

Despite the fact that kubrows do about 5x more damage, can have over 2-3k health AND shields, plus can be revived, NOT TO MENTION, all have stronger skills to sentinels.

Everyone compares them to carrier, because they are lazy and don't want to pick up items themselves.

thats the point i expected Chesa to be equal to carrier and the x5 damage is a joke since a kubrow hardly decides to attack if ever honestly if i was to compare the amount of kills between my carrier and Chesa in 1 mission carrier out preforms it hands down even on damage out put 

thats the point i expected Chesa to be equal to carrier and the x5 damage is a joke since a kubrow hardly decides to attack if ever honestly if i was to compare the amount of kills between my carrier and Chesa in 1 mission carrier out preforms it hands down even on damage out put 

Well that's your problem right there.

Everyone expected a furry Carrier - despite DE never giving any indication that would be the case. 

Carrier's utility is so overrated - and it does not compare to Raksa/Huras.

If this thread was specifically geared towards bashing Chesa then fair enough - but the title is misleading in that regard. 

Edited by MumblesMcphatty

I understand the expectation however, the utility may seem the same but the code is completely different. Vacum is able to constantly pick things up whether you're moving or not because it's a stationary Vortex over your shoulder that pulls loot . Chesas' have a completely didn't code based upon the general movement and path finding scrips of Kubrows. (which is pretty scary sometimes) So you pretty much have to stay completely still in order for your chesa to really do it's job. So though it seems like a fair comparison, it is not, nor will it probably ever function the same and this goes for most other Kubrow abilities as well..

We all play this warframe is many things but a slow paced game its not if Chesa needs me to stand still then kubrows will always be completely useless in comparison

Well that's your problem right there.

Everyone expected a furry Carrier - despite DE never giving any indication that would be the case. 

Carrier's utility is so overrated - and it does not compare to Raksa/Huras.

If this thread was specifically geared towards bashing Chesa then fair enough - but the title is misleading in that regard. 

not really i can equip any sentinel with any weapon of the other ea. carrier primes sweeper and that would make the damage equal per shot to any kubrow not to mention you have 20 shots in the clip means any sentinel  can  and will out preform any kubrow

We all play this warframe is many things but a slow paced game its not if Chesa needs me to stand still then kubrows will always be completely useless in comparison

Actually, My groups can go 2+ hours in survivals just standing still...so yea.. But still no reason to discredit all kubrows. Hurus and Raksa are ON POINT. Sahasas' aren't used that much because they don't tailor to the most popular play styles. I'm a Kubrow breeder myself but the only time I ever use a kubrow really is for stealth as Shade's mechanics have always been a bit wonky. Wyrm prime+Stinger FTW

Edited by Foxhound4

Indeed, But that's no reason to discredit all kubrows. Hurus and Raksa are ON POINT. Sahasas' aren't used that much because they don't tailor to the most popular play styles. I'm a Kubrow breeder myself but the only time I ever use a kubrow really is for stealth as Shade's mechanics have always been a bit wonky. Wyrm prime+Stinger FTW

Thats the problem so one is good for stealth what about the other play styles? i think they should all be useful equally in fact the post is not to bash them but to hopefully get them buffed up on pair i have already forma my kubrows 5 times each just in expectation that they will get much better 

The thing is, it has nothing to do with a buff.. all the stats for kubrows are on point. It's the code that needs working and a priority system like we have for Spectres would be pretty awesome to. The ability to decide whether you want your dog to only utilize utility or attack would be huge imo and really change Kubrows.

i think they should work more like this 

HP=low get health or 

null health orb

els 

energy orb

energy=full 

els 

ammo collect

ammo=full

els 

resource

that already would make them useful

or a kubrow meant for attack

bombard=attack priority

els

gunner=priority

els

lancer=priority

you get the picture i think

and some thing like a guard function?

like having  a 10 meter radius that nothing will go into and survive 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden comment

You forget that their AI sucks so much, they are useless. Even with 23k health, 170k armor and 1238129317k damage.

They will get stuck on stairs, in a corner or just fall of the world.

That is why sentinels are better. They are reliable.