[DE]Danielle

Psa: Kavasa Gene Masking Kit Accessories Pack Addition

A better question, why does the collar come with the gene masking kit when bought in any prime access level, but does not come with it when crafted.. And the collar has a very strange and misleading description.

This seems like a bit of a troll aimed at anyone who build or traded for the collar, expecting it to actually DO something, by putting half of the item (as it is advertised) behind a paywall. Is this a glitch or intended?

• Upvote 1

Ok then just to make sure I understand....if I purchase the Prime Accessories pack NOW I shall receive the Prime Kubrow armor and masking kit? I only really desire the Prime masking kit.

A better question, why does the collar come with the gene masking kit when bought in any prime access level, but does not come with it when crafted.. And the collar has a very strange and misleading description.

This seems like a bit of a troll aimed at anyone who build or traded for the collar, expecting it to actually DO something, by putting half of the item (as it is advertised) behind a paywall. Is this a glitch or intended?

I would like to know this as well, especially since the leaked sunika prime was wearing the masking kit in its photo.

Edited by Sfger
  • Upvote 1

I would like to know this as well, especially since the leaked sunika prime was wearing the masking kit in its photo.

I’d like to know as well, but here is my educated (based on everything I’ve read) guess:

DE believes the collar represents the core of Priming your kubrow, and allowed it to be obtainable as a drop, (and therefore farmable, tradeable, craftable). As most have noted, the stat boosts do come from the collar, even though they’re small.

They believed this collar was comparable to a complete Prime Sentinel (such as Carrier Prime and Wyrm Prime before it), and that the extra Kavasa cosmetics (armor, gene masking color kit) were comparable to Carrier and Wyrm Prime cosmetic attachments that were not farmable/obtainable as a drop. (Those would be the Unda and Summus Prime sentinel cosmetics.)

I don’t know how many non-paying Tenno are satisfied to say that they accept the collar as Priming their kubrow, but I’d wager it’s high. I don’t accept it as Priming my kubrows, but my issues with the execution of Prime Kubrows (which was a great concept) will need another topic. The short version of it would be that I think DE miscalculated or misjudged what players would consider a Prime Kubrow.

TL;DR and back to your question, I think they thought of the armor and gene masking kit as prime accessories (as the Unda and Summus were for the Carrier and Wyrm Prime Sentinels) and the Kavasa Collar as the core of Priming your kubrow (as Carrier and Wyrm Prime were the core Prime versions of the normal companions).

As I see it, there is no solution to this, because if the armor and gene masking kit are considered Prime Cosmetic Accessories, then they cannot give them to non-paying players for free.

Edited by Rhekemi

I love these people so much ...

Lets not get too carried away.  I give DE lots of props for fixing this colossal F*&^ up and I'll probably buy Accessories now (still a bit undecided).  But don't gloss over the fact that they created the F*&^ up in the first place. 

A bit of common sense could have avoided this entire fiasco.  Mistakes happen, learn from them DE.

• Upvote 2

So do I get kubrow armor now, since everyone's getting the masking kit? I bought the middle package and you've just given away a piece of it. I could care less about the cape/weapon cosmetics, but since it's apparently been decided that the masking kit is part of the cosmetics, does that mean that the armor is part of the package I bought? Otherwise this seems horribly punishing as there is now literally NOTHING in that package that I couldn't have gotten via farming. The point of buying the package was (for me) the kubrow stuff. The collar is apparently farmable and now the people who bought the cosmetic package are getting the skin, so I get the armor, right? That seems fair to me.

i have nearly all cosmetics, sometimes i like them and sometimes not, so i use setting a, b, c

for the primed kubrows you get a real smile from me, i said it allready in some other thread:

my understanding was that after the update of the foundry i will be able to breed A REAL PRIMED KUBROW !!!!

im not with that orokin gold, its horrible and i dont wanna get offers like this again

i feel fooled in general with the primed kubrows and please, DONT TRY AGAIN !!!!

give us the possibillity to breed real primed kubrows instead of painting them, i feel really more then fooled =)

cheerz ...

its the first primepack where i have the feeling it was the most useless buy i ever did ... why ?

because i cant breed a prime kubrow, i have to PAINT IT PRIMED !!??

and i really dont care about the stats with the collar ...

i got yesterday a golden colour from a breed, there is a lot of difference to the orokin gold in the colour-palette, this should simply not be

and if somebody think that DE doesnt do every step of their development with a lot of conciousnes fails in understanding of warframes development in general ^^)

ps: this posting mirrors a part of the energy in the development of warframe, if you see loops, there are loops written conciously because on some points when i write to DE i have the feeling im talking to a wall, a black wall where everything get blocked or dissapears for nothing ...

i wanna have a different feeling, surprise me, DE

colouring a kubrow into a primed one by calling it gene masking, is this idea based on the lore of warframe ... then you made my day ^^)

Edited by SbruL
  • Upvote 1

I thank DE again for making a very difficult positive decision but please I hope you guys really step it up for the next offering. Armors Syadanas moar exclusive cosmetic stuff. more goodies pleaseeeeeee. Thank you for listening

• Upvote 1

Is this change just on PC because in PlayStation store the accessories pack still dosent say it includes the gene masking kit or will it just show up if i buy it. Id really like to know before i buy the pack.

I had no idea there was such a primed uproar about the PA. I was bummed out that I could only get -all- the Kubrow stuff by getting the Blessing pack. Luckily it was my birthday on the date of release so my hubby was kind enough to get it for me. Had I known though, I would not have gone for Blessing pack.

Very happy for everyone else who was wanting to get gene masking kit though. Kudos to DE. Maybe toss a small bone (see what I did there? lol) to the folks who got the Blessing but only did so because of the Kubrow items?

Had no idea any of this was going on. Glad to hear it was resolved.

I see people still complaining in this thread, some very illegibly, and I feel it necessary to apologize for that. You're doing more for this community than most developers do for theirs, and doing so very quickly and graciously from what I understand. Kudos for that, not that I didn't already have massive respect.

Grace to you, DE. ^.^

[Trimmed]

While I agree that I would have liked the opportunity to actually prime my existing kubrows, I do not believe that option was ever mentioned in the Kavasa roll out. Was it? 

As a consumer, you have the right to be dissatisfied, but I do not think you were fooled into buying the PA. Might it be possible that you misunderstood, or did not read the product details before you made your purchase?

In any event, if you are very dissatisfied, you can likely ask for a refund via a support ticket.

I could also use your vote (but do not rage against DE in the thread), and the votes of everyone who is satisfied with the Kavasa items on this thread/poll:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/542633-are-you-satisfied-with-the-kavasa-prime-kubrows/#entry6111058

If we could get a large enough sample size, it could help gauge how well-liked, or disliked, the actual Kavasa items are (note, this is not about the roll out, but the actual items), and what DE might be able to improve should they create items like this again.

Thanks.

It's included no worries!

Is this change just on PC because in PlayStation store the accessories pack still dosent say it includes the gene masking kit or will it just show up if i buy it. Id really like to know before i buy the pack.