The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Landslide's Probably Gonna Get Nerfed

Vargras

We complained about Atlas, a lot, me included. Now he recieves the attention that he needed, the buffs that he needed, now is actually a warframe, and someone has to come to say "its too much, nerf pls? " what. the. F***. 

I cant add too much to the discussion at this point, but i have to agree with many Tennos over here:

1- Being his 1º ability doesnt mean the ability has to suck.

2- Its his only REAL damage ability, the other falling in the utility section. 

3- Doesnt have the benefits of other damage abilities, such as life steal, stupidly high aoe effects, or afk-brain systems that do the work for you. 

4- You are hitting with rock arms to the face of humanoid creatures, have you ever seen what happens to one person when a rock the size of a melon falls on their heads? 

5- Why do you guys have to compare always everything with excalibur ? why do you speak as if excalibur has to be the best at everything and if someone else can do similar stuff than excalibur, it needs a nerf ? 

6- This kind of posts ruin my days. 

+1 agreed 100% to all especialy point  number 6

i am not  telling my opinion about nerfaskedguys bcz i allready have a verbal warning for

this issue

Edited by JoMenton

i really dont think we should nerf atlas. i mean the guy is supposedly a melee/brawler frame yet only 1 on of his skills counts as that, the rest is for cc or utility and his ult is kinda meh even with 180%ish power strength,makes a great meatshield though.

nerf his only useful (and fun as hell) damage ability , then he might be one of those rare frames you never see in pubs.

Unless you're constantly leveling a frame, it doesn't matter if an ability is #1 or #4. What matters is how balanced and useful his entire kit is. If Atlas' other three abilities are still useful and he's not OP overall, I don't see the problem.

It's fine if his first ability is powerful because his wall dies in 3 seconds and the golems are whack. 

I'd rather his unique and interactive ability be the most useful over a crappy pet rock summon.

I thought you should know, that wall is affected by armor and starts off invulnerable(You can get slightly over 1k armor if your using the right mods). Also, Rumblers are tanky is hell now since their health and armor are affected by various defensive warframe mods. Those abilities should not be dying off anytime soon.

I would say Atlas now has alot going for him right now. I don't think Landslide should be nerfed though. The only other aspect LandSlide has is CC, and the damage is now only amazing if you've:

1. Leveled Atlas to the max.

2. Put work into your melee weapons(Potato for mod capacity, level them up, etc.)

3. Most importantly, have the mods themselves that will allow both your melee weapon and first ability to be powerful. 

It's not like it's powerful right off the bat. Like Ex-halted blade, you gotta put work into leveling your weapon and finding the right mods.

You're kidding right?

He's barely meh-towards-ok tier late game.

If we are talking about balancing around mercury  then yeah, he is overpowered. But guess what? We don't balance around mercury.

No, his first ability isn't affected by Life Strike at all. I also don't think it matters if it's his first ability or last; it's the only ability he has where he can directly engage the enemy under player control. The range and AoE is fairly short too.

Some things to know about Landslide:

- Distance traveled is 8 meters. (Not affected by mods)

- AoE only activated on 3rd successful hit and has a 1.5 meter radius. (Affected by range mods and laughably small)

- Not invincible while using ability.

- Doesn't fire projectiles per use.

- Can miss.

- Small delay between casts.

You should look at a lot more instead of just the seeing high damage numbers.

This. Numbers are nothing if you get gunned down before you even get to use the ability properly.

Not to mention other factors such as nullifiers, ancient healers, etc.

Edited by Cabadath5

This thread is ridiculous. Atlas just got buffed and *may* be viable in higher levels now, and you already say it's too much while other frames are still much stronger. (it doesn't matter if its the 1 or the 4... this is not LoL)

"The scaling on this thing is absolutely insane now. It's not uncommon to get hits in the thousands, if not tens of thousands"

Do you realize that is not much vs lv 50-100 enemies?

It intentionally scales with your melee damage now, because that is kinda determinded by how far you are progressed in the game.

At the moment it is the best way to scales such abilities for high level content.

Edited by CruelMaiden

Big numbers, sure, your melee weapon becomes severely crippled though since youre exchanging CC/CD mods + berserker for plain damage, harder to lifesteal with life strike.

Overbuffed? Not really, he goes up to Id say lv70~ enemies, at which point it becomes extremely difficult to survive.

I cannot say this enough, his landslide is at a perfect balance right now.

He's finally viable and you want to ruin that?   This community.... I swear.  God forbid there's a third viable option for a specialized close range fighter in the game.  

It's cool bro, I hate variety too... the never ending swoosh of exalted blade spammers is all warframe should be about.  /s

Edited by JokerVictor

I don't see Atlas needing a nerf actually.

Yes, he can dish out SERIOUS damage. That is his main thing, punching stuff.  Can he TAKE it as well as Valkyr/Excalibur?

I have had three groups of enemies spawn all around me in the Void and he melted when he couldn't reach them. And Tectonics only blocks one way.

Edited by Kalenath

I don't see Atlas needing a nerf actually.

Yes, he can dish out SERIOUS damage. That is his main thing, punching stuff.  Can he TAKE it as well as Valkyr/Excalibur?

I have had three groups of enemies spawn all around me in the Void and he melted when he couldn't reach them. And Tectonics only blocks one way.

This is why its balanced.