Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Design looks silly/doesn't fit with aesthetic

MJ12

Ash is this cool ninja Warframe with cool powers, but its design looks really silly.

Its helmet looks like it's wearing the Predator's skull as a hat. The 'teeth' really clash with the relative smoothness of every other Warframe design, and it's the only Warframe to really have a 'face' (and it's not a good-looking face). The teeth really need to go

Second, it doesn't have a really good look that makes it look stealthy. I admit that part of this may be because the default body color isn't black enough, but its torso looks really weird. Most other Warframes have significant detailing. The Excalibur has 'muscles', Ember has the wrist-mounted flame projectors and the poofy pantaloons, as well as some subtle patterns on the torso, Rhino has the lines and glowy dots, but Ash's torso design is extremely simple and not at all 'cool'. It's just 'naked human male torso'.

And I do mean 'naked human male torso' because it looks almost identical to the hostage's design, down to the crotch bulge. Ash needs some kind of musculature, like Nanosuit 2 from Crysis, skeletal members, something to add some detail to make him look like a power armored badass mother-hubbard instead of a guy wearing a costume.

Third, the shoulder/leg 'armor' doesn't meld well with the frame itself. It's very detailed, angular, and jagged, and then suddenly just disappears into the 'boring generic naked guy dipped in plastic' parts. There should be more overlap.

A rework of Ash to look cool (because ninjas are really cool) would be fantastic.

Yeah I agree to a point, I see that they tried to put a bit of Samurai in there but I just don't think it came off very well.

I do love the otherworldly art style they have which seems to have taken from a lot of JRPGs, there's a lot of inspiration out there for them to look at.

I'd prefer the Ash frame to have a bit more personality, aside from the Rhino it's the most boring looking one IMO.

P.S, I like the teeth things :0

Edited by Psyclosarin

Ash has a very insect-like appearance thanks to his headpiece, the mandibles, and his arm armor and (to a lesser extent) his leg armor. Personally I love his design. It's a different take on stealth than your standard "look it's a ninja" or "he's wearing all black and it's skin tight" "stealthy" apperances. Most people don't notice insects, they don't acknowledge the ants or beetles crawling along the ground. That's the kind of stealth vibe I get from Ash. He doesn't hid, he's below notice. And just like an insect he's still durable, and can still pack a hefty sting.

the should make them all look similar to the excalibur, but with different helmet types and subtle variations. i mean loki's body shape isn't even human. it has a bit of a dog's leg going on.

The unique appearance of each frame is something I love about this game, and the devs should definitely not make all the frames look similar.

coherency matters more than having a motley crew that looks like they're from different planets, much less the same era/warrior class.

and i'm not talking about destroying variety, but having variety that make sense and is consistent with the lore/universe. i think they're crossing that line a bit in an effort too create too much difference.

Edited by johncage

coherency matters more than having a motley crew that looks like they're from different planets, much less the same era/warrior class.

and i'm not talking about destroying variety, but having variety that make sense and is consistent with the lore/universe. i think they're crossing that line a bit in an effort too create too much difference.

Gonna have to disagree with you on all points here. But hey I guess it's just down to opinion.