Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Type: Resupply

Magnus

Your dropship lands, not just drops you in, and cloaks. A panel opens on the side and reveals a collection of batteries.

You've arrived at a Syndicate's outpost, or just a colony for civillians. They've been overrun by Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Sentients and your job is more than just to clear them out. Your job is to resupply the outpost's defenses with high end batteries of Lotus' design, made to improve the output of a defense system on its own.

The invaders have damaged/disabled the defenses and have taken over, occupying the outpost, and are patrolling around, watching for intruders. To help drive them off, and keep them away, you must deliver not just the one, but four batteries to the defense system's generator, while also keeping the generator from being destroyed.

If the enemy doesn't detect you, they won't know to destroy the generator, but if you just kill all the enemies, more will arrive in an alert state, looking to find what was responsible, but the second the alarms go off, anyone who comes in next will know: destroy the generator at all costs.

The battery is heavy and prevents the Tenno from bullet jumping, parkouring or even sprinting, and its energy wavelength disrupts invisibility. It comes charged, and as it's of Tenno design, can be latched onto the back of the Warframe, allowing use of two handed weapons.

---

This is a dynamic mission type that can be approached in several ways unlike any of the current missions. It's not just a rush to the goal, as the battery prevents it, and it's not just a defense, nor is it just a basic stealth only mission. It is all of these things, and riddled with benefits with cooperation.

For stealth, a player can quietly move all four batteries in between patrols to the generator. Four players at the same time can do it as well, or two will move together while the other two cover with their abilities. A complete stealth run would, of course, provide players with mods and bonus affinity to compensate for not killing any enemies, maybe even pull from a pool of special mods like Spy to encourage stealth and cooperation.

Players can also go loud as well, one group defending the generator as the other runs back and forth with the batteries in a rush, using frames with mobility skills to quickly deliver each one. While playing loud, players are even given the option to enable defenses as each system comes online. Each battery will enable another system, from laser doors, to cold floors, to arc traps, and finally to automated guns.

Certain frames will of course perform much more excellently with the limitations of the battery, as mentioned briefly above. Excalibur, Valkyr, Loki, Vauban, Nova, and Volt all make for exceptional frames for this, as many can use them to support their lack of a Bullet Jump, such as Excalibur instead Slash Dashing up to an open vent, or Valkyr/Loki/Vauban can get up to the vent, then Switch Teleport/Ripline/Bounce an ally carrier up to it.

Banshee and Equinox will also benefit in an improved way using Silence and Rest, moving around temporarily disabled enemies quickly to avoid being noticed as they deliver their batteries.

And of course, the usual defense frames also help in the case that players simply want to play loud.

---

Upon completion, defense systems come back online and the Syndicate/civillians are free to return and the Tenno walk back to their dropship. Maybe wave to keep up friendly looking relations.

Edited by Extraxi

Isn't this basically mobile defense with some stealth thrown in? I would like this idea but stealth in this game isn't that great yet. You could just get 4 lokis and just zoom through this with no challenge. If you're going loud would the enemies just keep coming until you get all 4 batteries? What type of enemies would come out from the start? Do tougher ones come out the longer you stay? If you go loud and everyone grabs a battery and rushes to where they need to go wouldn't the mission be over super quick? Is there a timer when you put the battery in and you have to wait for the system to come online? If there is a timer wouldn't that alert them anyways and you have to go loud?

I like your idea. It brings a different feel to the current missions that we have now. I for one would enjoy playing through something like this, the multiple ways to tackle this mission is a bonus.

My favorite type of games are ones that allow you to approach situations in a wide variety of ways, such as Crysis or Metal Gear. Having more options, and even a failure spectrum, is something I hope Warframe eventually works more towards instead of only linear designs.

Isn't this basically mobile defense with some stealth thrown in? I would like this idea but stealth in this game isn't that great yet. You could just get 4 lokis and just zoom through this with no challenge. If you're going loud would the enemies just keep coming until you get all 4 batteries? What type of enemies would come out from the start? Do tougher ones come out the longer you stay? If you go loud and everyone grabs a battery and rushes to where they need to go wouldn't the mission be over super quick? Is there a timer when you put the battery in and you have to wait for the system to come online? If there is a timer wouldn't that alert them anyways and you have to go loud?

If you read the full post, the batteries disable the use of invisibility, meaning Loki would have to rely on Switch Teleport instead. As for spawns themselves, that'd be up to DE, though I'd imagine as it's an occupation force, mostly heavies and deadlier enemies.

I also cover that you can have much larger benefits for playing stealthily as well to encourage it. If you do it super fast and loud, you don't get much affinity for killing, nor bonus rewards.

Edited by Extraxi

• 2 months later...