The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Join Other Players But Able To Host

Nightwalker290

Question

ok first off im new as all hell, love the game but im kind of being forced to play alone as i cannot join any other play as it constantly says "you have lost connection to the host. returning to the multiplayer menu" but i never even see the map as it happens during the loading process and i know some of you will say "its not them its you" i can actually host games. i have on occasion been playing by myself and someone has joined me with zero issues. im not entirely sure if this is a new problem or if its just with me but its getting boring working alone all the time would love this solved so i can enjoy warframe to its fullest

p.s. im not a tech person so i don't understand techno-babble 

5 answers to this question

This seems to be a rather common issue. Haven't seen a proper solution, though, unfortunately. Bad bandwidth might be an issue, also certain routers. Some people even blame their ISPs and/or hardware.

If you can, try out playing without a router (if you use one), if you have a second network card, try that one... but I'm afraid, I don't know a clear solution either :/

Besides always hosting ,that is.

This seems to be a rather common issue. Haven't seen a proper solution, though, unfortunately. Bad bandwidth might be an issue, also certain routers. Some people even blame their ISPs and/or hardware.

If you can, try out playing without a router (if you use one), if you have a second network card, try that one... but I'm afraid, I don't know a clear solution either :/

Besides always hosting ,that is.

so this has been an ongoing issue for a while now?

so this has been an ongoing issue for a while now?

It's not a "warframe" issue per se. It's a peer to peer issue, i.e the almost infinite variability in home computers setups and home provisioned networks. The issue can range from your service provider, down to your firewall settings. When you press on analyze network in WF, does it say all systems are nominal? Check the outbound and inbound settings in the firewall, check if you have any IP blocking software installed. Check your router to make sure the ports warframe uses are open, check the router to make sure there is no IP blocking going on.

Although your inbound connection may seem to work fine (host), you can't discard whether it is only a few people that can join you, or anyone. I don't know which country you are from, but some ISPs implement IP range blocking and that would be out of your reach.

Edited by nms64