Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Farm For Atlas Is Just Obscene.

_Absolom_

Okay, I have never seen this amount of grinding required to get a frame before. This is just obnoxious.

First off, the players are required to find Juggernauts by getting high amounts of kills. Then, when the Juggernaut actually screams, they have to step up their game and get another massive amount of kills on the Infested.

When this succeeds, they have to kill the Juggernaut, then pray to Jesus to get the right one of the 5(FIVE!) parts needed to even start the quest. This alone took some of us +-50 Juggernaut kills because of the outrageous RNG on the Juggernaut drops.

The funny thing about this is that if people actually played the game, as in go through the solar system, you would've had most of the parts already from going through the mission previously. All i needed was one of the pieces to craft those pods. I got it in my second mission through.

Afterwards, we get to hear that the pods we crafted are obsolete, and need calibration with Argon Crystals. Those things are a pain in the rear to get in the first place. Fine, whatever. Players get the pods, then equip them in their inventory.

If you are not playing in the solar system you probably are in the void. . . which means you should have a couple of these things always decay.

In the following mission we get reminded that the whole grindfest was for nothing, because the Golem won't even bother with that amount of pods. We aren't even required to use them. All that farming was for NOTHING.

What a twist!

Come on, that was cool.

I applaud DE for doing one quest where all the running around actually leads to nothing because, you know, we are talking to a mad cephalon.

Fine, we get into the actual assassination, only to realize that the Jordas Golem takes a whopping 30 minutes of continuous fire to take down, because bullets seem to do almost no damage to him. When we kill him, we get the Atlas blueprint, and an unlocked boss fight.

Now we are required to keep killing this thing, without any players actually on the node? There are literally NO players doing that mission. NONE! This is just outrageous, I'm deeply disappointed in DE's decisions for this frame.

We get it, you need the money. But this? This is not okay.

I heard soloing him was easier than in a team. Which is why i ended up doing all of the J3 missions alone. It took me 4 tries to get all the parts. My gun only has a catalyst and it's not forma. Just scan him 3 times and see what he is weak to then equip the mods that would do damage. Oh..... that requires that you had played Archwing missions and gotten those mods.

Really, the length of this quest line is really on how much of the game the player actually played.

I played some Eris missions killing the Jug and got most of the parts before, i played some A-wing missions and gotten a good amount of mods before. So this quest was a cakewalk. I did hate having to wait to craft the pods, but since the boss fight was easy this doesnt bother me much now.

Jordas is easier solo, especially when your teammates raise the boss' level but just run around like headless chickens and get downed every minute.  It takes me around 5 minutes to do the AW portion of the fight with a rank 30 Imperator and rank 30 Odonata.

bb63060d72.jpg

2cb792b23f.jpg

They're both potatoed, but I use only 30 mod points in both builds.  The key is to stay on the sides of the arena and leave the cloud of Mutualists behind so you can fire on his back uninterrupted.  Of course, make sure to have Energy Shell up whenever you're firing and make use of the afterburner to catch up to Jordas and leave his minions behind.  

The funny thing about this is that if people actually played the game, as in go through the solar system, you would've had most of the parts already from going through the mission previously. All i needed was one of the pieces to craft those pods. I got it in my second mission through.

If you are not playing in the solar system you probably are in the void. . . which means you should have a couple of these things always decay.

What a twist!

Come on, that was cool.

I applaud DE for doing one quest where all the running around actually leads to nothing because, you know, we are talking to a mad cephalon.

I heard soloing him was easier than in a team. Which is why i ended up doing all of the J3 missions alone. It took me 4 tries to get all the parts. My gun only has a catalyst and it's not forma. Just scan him 3 times and see what he is weak to then equip the mods that would do damage. Oh..... that requires that you had played Archwing missions and gotten those mods.

Really, the length of this quest line is really on how much of the game the player actually played.

I played some Eris missions killing the Jug and got most of the parts before, i played some A-wing missions and gotten a good amount of mods before. So this quest was a cakewalk. I did hate having to wait to craft the pods, but since the boss fight was easy this doesnt bother me much now.

Since I'm in college, I rarely have time to actively play WF. Which is unfortunate. The reason for me not having Argon Crystals is the approximate week between my visits to the Void.

My Archwing weapons are still the starters because I didn't want to put myself through the ginormous grindwall to get even one of them. Gave up after the +-60th run for a Velocitus receiver. Yes, I was on the right node, before you ask.

Also my Archwing arsenal is a joke in general, because I rarely play it, and getting XP takes way too long, as it's been said by the community numerous times. I believe they buffed the affinity gain in 17.5, could anyone confirm that?

Since I'm in college, I rarely have time to actively play WF. Which is unfortunate. The reason for me not having Argon Crystals is the approximate week between my visits to the Void.

My Archwing weapons are still the starters because I didn't want to put myself through the ginormous grindwall to get even one of them. Gave up after the +-60th run for a Velocitus receiver. Yes, I was on the right node, before you ask.

Also my Archwing arsenal is a joke in general, because I rarely play it, and getting XP takes way too long, as it's been said by the community numerous times. I believe they buffed the affinity gain in 17.5, could anyone confirm that?

Go to Caelus and get your stuff to 30; the rest is easy.  

My brother and I did about 4-5 Juggernaut runs and one Tower 2 Survival for 40 mins (cuz it was rather easy) netting us 4 argon crystals.  Finished the quest and got all three Atlas pieces in 4 runs.  All in all, it was a good quest.

The only problem was that my brother was group leader, and he was the Golem's only target all the time.  So I used my Velocitus with Radiation and Cold mods and shot its butt relatively easily while he played hide-and-seek with the Golem.  Took around 5 mins per kill, but was rather fun.

Thankfully, DE fixed this targeting bug now.

Edit: Grammar and typos.

Edited by Caine2112

• 3 weeks later...

I really hate Argon in general. It's perhaps the thing I despise the most in Warframe. I'm not a huge fan of the void since there's no innate matchmaking and I often play solo with randoms, and I play sporadically, so there's no way I'm keeping them on my account. Whenever I get some, I spend them on crap I don't necessaily need so they don't decay.

The decay pisses me off. I have thousands of most types of ressources, yet every time there's a new gun, helmet or frame, DE decides to use argon to force me to farm for something.

I didn't really mind the Juggernaut farming, since I already had the blueprint and one part. I got the rest of the parts in ten or so runs, and I was expecting to move on... But hey, craft a second pod, this time needing three argons. Then, get another 2 argons to build the damn frame, that's FIVE argon for a single frame... Plus the fact the pods serve no purpose anyway, meaning you did this for no reason at all. Getting three argon is tedious too, as you need to do it in the timespan of 24 hours or less to avoid your first argon from decaying. Considering I play warframe a couple of hours at a time at best, then usually come back when my stuff is finished in the foundry, it sucks.

In the end, it's alot of needless, booring grind to get a frame.

And that's not even counting all the Argon you need to get the new guns, the new ship components, the new weapons, the new helmets and such. In the end, feels like needless artificial grind. What I hate the most about Argon is

These stupid cristals decay, and pretty much every new thing needs argon it seems, meaning whenever I get one or two, it

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Don't be surprised, it's kind of been a trend that every new frame has been progressively more difficult to farm/build. What I am surprised at is the fact that they made it a reward for arcwing, which they got alot of flack for doing back when they did it with limbo.

The quest was straight forward, i liked it - farm juggernaughts (ext mission were fine) and took about 12 runs. The pod mission was a cakewalk before farming argon (two void runs) to unlock final part of quest and bp/boss unlock. Most will have quest done within 2 days (1 if you plat rush).

Compare this quest to chroma one and i dont what fuss is about. Parts? Equinox was far more demanding a grind, time wall and expense to build so again whats the fuss. The only WTF about whole quest/frame for mew as the five neurodes thing... ouch!

I'm actually cutting down my WF hours quite a bit because of this quest. I almost can't stand Hive missions, so farming the Jugg is a killer for me. I actually don't agree at all with the idea of putting the rng of the quest behind another wall of rng to even start it.

At first, I was really pissed about it. I was raging against DE in my head and all that. Then I realized that it's nothing on them, negatively. I'm just sort of burnt out and this was the final push for me to take a bit of a break.

DE should realize, however, that when they say they want to reduce grind but put double rng walls into place, there are some of us that will lose trust. I still love them as a company but don't understand the bull$hitting. We are all big boys and girls here and don't need to be coddled with false statements.

Anyway, yeah...just gonna do events from here on in, at least for awhile...maybe collect some ducats for Baro and that's it. I respect DE and it's their game but right now, I think they are making a few too many decisions that are meant to lengthen our time in game...but at the expense of fun. I hope they realize this isn't the best path and right the ship.

For the record, I always see ads in recruiting channel for J3 golem fight and juggernaught farming. Just because there isn't an active squad playing the node RIGHT THIS SECOND doesn't mean there aren't people in recruiting channel willing to team up for it.

Edited by Haxwell

I'm actually cutting down my WF hours quite a bit because of this quest. I almost can't stand Hive missions, so farming the Jugg is a killer for me. I actually don't agree at all with the idea of putting the rng of the quest behind another wall of rng to even start it.

At first, I was really pissed about it. I was raging against DE in my head and all that. Then I realized that it's nothing on them, negatively. I'm just sort of burnt out and this was the final push for me to take a bit of a break.

DE should realize, however, that when they say they want to reduce grind but put double rng walls into place, there are some of us that will lose trust. I still love them as a company but don't understand the bull$hitting. We are all big boys and girls here and don't need to be coddled with false statements.

Anyway, yeah...just gonna do events from here on in, at least for awhile...maybe collect some ducats for Baro and that's it. I respect DE and it's their game but right now, I think they are making a few too many decisions that are meant to lengthen our time in game...but at the expense of fun. I hope they realize this isn't the best path and right the ship.

Do ext on eris, we were takimg like half a minute a run to do them including juggernaught. Nova ult kills so much at once so fast he always shows and my vay hek was one shotting him. Took 12 runs for me but not even close to an hour so it didnt find it a grind. I also LOVED this change from stalling a quest as you build each part, THATs a grind for me with 12 hour waits then 3 day wait for frame (over week long quests) but this? Quest took two days including getting parts not plat rushing. Just usual 3 day wait to endure.

Do ext on eris, we were takimg like half a minute a run to do them including juggernaught. Nova ult kills so much at once so fast he always shows and my vay hek was one shotting him. Took 12 runs for me but not even close to an hour so it didnt find it a grind. I also LOVED this change from stalling a quest as you build each part, THATs a grind for me with 12 hour waits then 3 day wait for frame (over week long quests) but this? Quest took two days including getting parts not plat rushing. Just usual 3 day wait to endure.

Thanks for the advice, Tenno! I'll be busy for a bit in a closed tech test of Battleborn but when that is over, I'll def give your method a whirl.

I had bad luck S*** gear and my friends kept glitching and stayed on the ship while I was the only one to make it into the boss fight

So I had to fight a level 50-60 golem solo repeatedly till I got the f****** systems your lucky

Ps nekros makes juggernaut grind 100.000X easier

Edited by (PS4)Crimson_Judgment

Had the pods already build ready to go before the update even hit; because I am like the 5% that actually do something else other than camp Draco 24/7.

Solo'd Golem Boss with a "starter" archwing not even potato's cause I don't even have enough mods to used up 30 mod points. Got all my parts by myself.

The Boss fight is not really hard. Just need to know when to start following it to maximize shooting time.

My two cents:

1) Use Ember (Prime), activate World On Fire and rush through an Infested Exterminate. Almost guaranteed Golem spawn.

2) Against Golem, I recommend the Velocitus. It does a truckload of damage and kills him very fast. Mod for corrosive, obviously.

Edited by steamrick

Off topic but; Obscure or Obscene?  

'Cause one means uncertain/unknown and the other means repugnant/offensive.

Obscene. Do excuse me for that one, and thank you for correcting me. Wasn't sure which one to put in the title back then.

Still wasn't as bad as Equinox.

At least there was variety in the steps to progress through the jordas quest.

Having to kill tyl 100 times to get the 8 DIFFERENT PRINTS required... Now that's obscene.

I enjoyed the jordas quest and the different parts. I just focused on 1 stage of the quest each night and got all my atlas prints last night.

There are literally NO players doing that mission. NONE! This is just outrageous, I'm deeply disappointed in DE's decisions for this frame.

There are actually tons of players screaming in agony while playing this mission. the problem is that they made the node the same as the void, meaning that you CANNOT pub on that node.

This in itself is bullS#&$. If all the pointless grinding in this questline/boss obtaining were fixed, this would still be a failure until the node is publicable.

Edited by NKDG