The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Hysteria Is Not Overpowered.

OfficerBeepsky

If I remember correctly, when Valkyr was first introduced there was no life steal and no invincibility. The players asked for one or the other. When DE gave her both everybody was scratching their heads.

Just drop the invincibility, give her 85% damage reduction auto-parry and let her life steal back any damage she takes. With her already high armor she'd still be incredibly survivable.

Your half right. Valkyr was released with the invincibility in hysteria, but did not have the life steal initially(Along with a pathetic amount of armor(Which was still the highest in the game at the moment)). We made topics and requests to increase the armor and put life steal in anything BUT Hysteria because(At least I knew at the time) a situation like this was going to happen should DE actually look into Hysteria after the fact.

To be honest this topic is about a year and a half in the making and only DE have themselves to blame for this.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Debatable, and that takes nothing away from the rest of my argument. 

That's it not even debatable as there are number to prove it, scattered all throughout the thread as images showing valkyr's damage. Perhaps you need to mod your melee weapon correctly.

I can enter the simulcrum and massacre level 90 enemies with ease using the skill.

As for the rest of your argument, i've grown tired of replying to same responses over and over so allow me to summarize.

1.Hysteria scales very well, mod your weapon correctly

2. There is no alternative to God Mode, only imitations of it

-

-snip-

It's like slapping someone with a razor. In a single hit the damage is little however the bleed out and multiple hits are what causes the most damage.

Enemy: lvl 90 corrupted heavy gunner.

1st test:

Blank Valkyr lvl30, no melee

Without a combo build up the regular damage was only dealing an average of 18. A critical would deal an average of 35. Bleed proc was around 260.

With a combo build up of 2.5x the regular damage had an average of 44. The critical average was 88-89. Bleed proc was around 300-400

A single slide attack would appear to deal 33-80 regular damage and crits from 100-200.

Bleed proc from a slide attack with a combo 2x, 1050:

53107s4.jpg

2nd test: lvl30, 250% dur, 70% eff, 34% range, 229% str, steel charge, no melee.

Without combo: average regular damage is 85, crit average is 130.

With 2.5X combo: average regular damage is 162. crit average is 324.

Regular slide attack would appear to deal an average of 195 regular damage and a crit average of 382.

Bleed proc from a single slide attack no combo, 2882:

kP4OC3j.jpg

*The problem with the readings of Valkyr's slide attack is that she hits fast and multiple times (highest I've gotten was six counts) which can cause multiple procs then she finishes with a head attack which inflicts more damage. I'd have to take multiple videos and slow them down to get better readings on her slide attack.

Besides from the massive bleed procs, when not using a melee weapon Valkyr becomes what she used to be.

Valkyr needs nerf ?

Well yes and no.

Because yes she is now too good if min maxed but no because her other abilities are still...

Well let's just say pretty generic or even sub par.

I can't see any adjustments done unless DE improves the rest of her Kit. Swing line and Hysteria were a good start.

Now let's work on Paralysis and War cry.

Edited by fatpig84

Excelent excuses.  This frame is too easy to play compared to others, and that is a problem. Immortality for long time is OP no matter what you tell.

Says the guy with Frost as his forum icon. :D

At least Valkyr has to actually move to make herself viable. 

Most of all I want to see her abilities be integrated with hysteria. So when in hysteria rip line becomes more aggressive more of an attack and a small paralysis is built into a combo or her ground slam.

I agree that hysteria has enough draw backs to make the immortality viable and without the proper kit you can easily run out of energy.

However if DE do touch the immortality something like Chroma may work. I know the "shoot me so I can survive" tactic doesn't work so well on Chroma because all of it is lost after about 40(ish) seconds. However with Valkyr it may work because her duration is determined by the rng energy drops and the player's kit. Plus she can regain health to continue her rampage. The only problem area is what do you increase (probably armour) and by how much. Valkyr only has 750 health and 150 shield so whatever is increasing has to increase at a large rate to compete in late game.

Edited by Postal_pat

Not to mention that new bonus to knockdown recovery, which is completely unnecessary with being entirely immune to CC in Hysteria.

The sole problem I see with this is Hysteria becoming nothing but a second Warcry, but that's a small price to pay to mitigate what is literally a cheat in most other games.

And thats bad...for what reason exactly? I played her without hysteria up till now. She works. A second buff as cream topping? Definitly a good option.

It's like slapping someone with a razor. In a single hit the damage is little however the bleed out and multiple hits are what causes the most damage.

Enemy: lvl 90 corrupted heavy gunner.

1st test:

Blank Valkyr lvl30, no melee

Without a combo build up the regular damage was only dealing an average of 18. A critical would deal an average of 35. Bleed proc was around 260.

With a combo build up of 2.5x the regular damage had an average of 44. The critical average was 88-89. Bleed proc was around 300-400

A single slide attack would appear to deal 33-80 regular damage and crits from 100-200.

Bleed proc from a slide attack with a combo 2x, 1050:

53107s4.jpg

2nd test: lvl30, 250% dur, 70% eff, 34% range, 229% str, steel charge, no melee.

Without combo: average regular damage is 85, crit average is 130.

With 2.5X combo: average regular damage is 162. crit average is 324.

Regular slide attack would appear to deal an average of 195 regular damage and a crit average of 382.

Bleed proc from a single slide attack no combo, 2882:

kP4OC3j.jpg

*The problem with the readings of Valkyr's slide attack is that she hits fast and multiple times (highest I've gotten was six counts) which can cause multiple procs then she finishes with a head attack which inflicts more damage. I'd have to take multiple videos and slow them down to get better readings on her slide attack.

Besides from the massive bleed procs, when not using a melee weapon Valkyr becomes what she used to be.

You know you didnt need to go in without any power str mods either lol, since he only asked for no melee mods and his argument was if hysteria as a skill could stand alone without a melee wep in place, which technically it can since with a max power str build the slide atks was one shotting corrupted fusion moas and corrupted ancients without melee mods to support it.

But yes I do agree, Valkyr without melee mods is basically pre-rework valkyr.

remove invincibility from hysteria then remove Chroma's 6k armor from vex armor cause in the same matter thats OP but we dont see anyone complaining about that. Valk is fine so stop complaining

If you think valkyr is fine that is cool. but make no mistake 6k armor and invulnerability are not the same thing.

With 6k armor you can tank like crazy yet if you mess up you can die rather quickly when facing any high level enemies.

with invincibility you can tank like crazy yet mess up, and mess up, and mess up...you won't die because the enemies can't do squat.

(Except the few who can turn powers off, who may or may not even be in the mission your running)

Edited by Ronyn

valkyr is my favorite.... leave her alone, shes perfect.

plus if you dont like her just dont play her. by saying negative stuff because your favorite frame isnt as tough really only screws those players... doesnt make your frame better, it just nerfs other peoples frames.

you want balance in what? pvp? they have a system for that. oh you mean you want balance in the game mode thats just collecting materials??? see where im going?

If the rest of her kit would need the work after a change to hysteria's invulnerability, it needs the work now.

You can't determine which is more important based on your own opinion. It has to be done all together. Valkyr has a sub par kit built around her invincibility. She needs a proper rework. Last thing I want is for her to end up like volt. His shield was supposed to get a buff asap months ago. 

You can't determine which is more important based on your own opinion. It has to be done all together. Valkyr has a sub par kit built around her invincibility. She needs a proper rework. Last thing I want is for her to end up like volt. His shield was supposed to get a buff asap months ago. 

Her other 3 skills in no way rely upon Hysteria to function.

Hook me up with whatever you're smokin', my friend.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Also, all arguments about hysteria is invalid cause guess what majority of the community dont even know what roles each warframe plays. Valkyr is like the old barbarian class in many rpgs. She is up in your face close range tanking, that can buff team and debuff enemies. IF hysteria gets immortality nerf then the idiots who think AoE is freakin everything have won. This thread needs to be closed cause its toxic to the community.

Name a single RPG that ever let you achieve permanent god mode without the use of hacks.

Thank you for proving your own point.

Oblivion

Star ocean 3

Xenosaga 3

I'm sure there's more because that's what I've found and I honestly haven't played that many games. 

Oblivion

Star ocean 3

Xenosaga 3

I'm sure there's more because that's what I've found and I honestly haven't played that many games. 

Thank you Kolos. Like I said many people of this game only see stats and think one thing w/o really knowing how it fits to a play style. Yes some abilities need to be nerfed(saryn nukes) but when you demand to remove a key feature of a certain playstyle (this case close ranged tank) then you are really at a lose.