Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laton / Braton not giving mastery ???

Proper.Felon

So am Rank 3 , this morning i pick up a new Latron and Braton , was bored of the Afuris/ Gorgon .

After a few hours (around lvl 15 on each gun) i check my profile. I notice my mastery was still sitting at the same value.

Not sure but am 70% sure my mastery progression bar did move but not the numerical value . ( Next rank in ....) .

Just to be sure i switch back to my Afuris and did a level to my surprise the value did updated itself(-100 for the level i got)

So i was just wondering is this intended ? Are the lower rank weapon not giving u any credits toward ur mastery or

my client going ape sh1T ?

I think there might be some bugs/glitches with gaining mastery points at the moment. I purposedly went through some Mercury missions, hacking my entire way through with a low level Skana I just bought to get mastery points. Leveled the weapon twice during the level and through mission-end bonus. Checked back and see absolutely no mastery gain. Then I switched on my Furax and leveled it once, sure enough -100 mastery points til next rank.

Not sure why really. Could also be a new undocumented change that prevents leveling mastery with starting weapons, so you can't grind ranks by buying, leveling, selling and repeating.

Edit: OR, and I sincerely hope not, they "hotfixed" it so you can no longer gain mastery points through leveling a weapon/warframe that you've already leveled. So, if you leveled a Skana to 15, sold it, and rebought it, you won't be able to gain mastery until it ranks up to 16. That would make it super difficult to get HEK, as if it isn't hard enough to get -____-

Edited by Gestalt

I think there might be some bugs/glitches with gaining mastery points at the moment. ............... Could be a new undocumented change that prevents leveling mastery with starting weapons, so you can't grind ranks by buying, leveling, selling and repeating.

Yeah exactly what i was thinking about. People like to undertake some crazy grind For the challenge of it IE those dumb Bioware ones haha (SWToR pvp grind / Mass3 MultyP manifest) But hell this is a beta. Rank grind is horrible right now. If they take away leveling diffrent weapons away from us theres really no point to play anymore . ...... I change from gorgon/Afuris coz i was getting sick of it . My goal was to get a HEK but hell this is absurd. I just join a few days ago , was glad to help the team workoutt he kinks but this is dumb the HEK was accessible to everyone not too long ago.......

Yeah exactly what i was thinking about. People like to undertake some crazy grind For the challenge of it IE those dumb Bioware ones haha (SWToR pvp grind / Mass3 MultyP manifest) But hell this is a beta. Rank grind is horrible right now. If they take away leveling diffrent weapons away from us theres really no point to play anymore . ...... I change from gorgon/Afuris coz i was getting sick of it . My goal was to get a HEK but hell this is absurd. I just join a few days ago , was glad to help the team workoutt he kinks but this is dumb the HEK was accessible to everyone not too long ago.......

I can understand them making the grind hectic, even in beta, just to get people to play like mad, repeatedly, as to increase the chance to discover hidden bugs. But instead of the HEK at 5, which many people already had from blueprint, they should add at least one new weapon for 3 and one for 4. Make the grind more bearable with more rewards to look forward to.

I have seen similar things, and noticed from the way it is happening that there might be basic glitches in the stat updates.

Quite simply after leveling it for a while, make sure you enter a new mission with the weapon. After finishing, exit the game and come back. Check what has changed after you restart the game and log in.

I haven't particularly worried about my mastery, but I have seen it regularly rising. If other people aren't seeing it go up, then I have a feeling it is just an update issue. If you don't restart the game, you won't get updated info right away.

I have seen similar things, and noticed from the way it is happening that there might be basic glitches in the stat updates.

Quite simply after leveling it for a while, make sure you enter a new mission with the weapon. After finishing, exit the game and come back. Check what has changed after you restart the game and log in.

I haven't particularly worried about my mastery, but I have seen it regularly rising. If other people aren't seeing it go up, then I have a feeling it is just an update issue. If you don't restart the game, you won't get updated info right away.

Ah ok, makes sense. I guess that's the design shortcoming of this game, that everything gets saved and updated when you exit a mission, or more safely, when you log out successfully without disconnect.

Well, the info is saved and updated, but sometimes you can't see the updated info until you reconnect.

I can't be sure that this helps everyone. It is possible that some people are actually glitched right now which can be very annoying. But one way to double check is to exit and log in again and see if the info and stats are correctly udpated.