Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"orb Walking"= Even More Fun With Vauban!

Xavien

I just started putting my Vauban through his paces and when expreimenting on using Tesla was trying to afix one to myself for the ability to turn myself into a mobile turret....I didn't succeed but figured out I could attatch up to 4 orbs onto my sentinel making him a whirling death machine of an even higher calibur. I have yet to see any video's for this technique or even see anyone else use it so i am giving it a name and throwing it out there for everyone else to try .....to pull it off crouch pan camera up toward your sentinel and toss 4 orbs at his underbelly.....then let hijinks ensue especially on corpus missions.....have fun...I'll post a video of this later this week on my youtube TDDNAonebit .....ltr enjoy.....

Update: Here is the video I did on the technique so you can see it in action http://youtu.be/wZF_3-OkbVU

Edited by Xavien

I have to assume it was intended as you can attatch the grenades to other people already so putting 4 on sentinel is not really op or anything ....if you were in a organized group you could intentionally put many on another person who was say tanking like a rhino to help him dps down mobs ect.

As a MOBA player, I really don't think "orb walking" means what you think it means.

Orb walking, sometimes refered to as "stutter stepping" is when you cancel the attack animation by giving a new command, such as walking to another direction, after the projectile or the damage of your attack has been processed.

This would let you have more mobility as you would be able to adjust your position slightly between attacks to better accommodate the situation instead of just standing still attacking the enemy.

Spamming teslas on a sentinel is NOT "orb walking"

As a MOBA player, I really don't think "orb walking" means what you think it means.

Orb walking, sometimes refered to as "stutter stepping" is when you cancel the attack animation by giving a new command, such as walking to another direction, after the projectile or the damage of your attack has been processed.

This would let you have more mobility as you would be able to adjust your position slightly between attacks to better accommodate the situation instead of just standing still attacking the enemy.

haha why sure it is! much like hammering jump is bunny-hopping and crouching during a sprint is wavedashing ^^

Well, technically 'orb walking' refers to manually casting your auto-attack modifiers in Dota/Dota 2 (Known as 'orb-effects', hence 'orb-walking'), since this allows you to clear lots of ground while ignoring creep aggro and dealing damage. It has since been transferred to other MOBA games as well.

That said, I think that, since we're dealing with a whole different style of game here, we can be lenient.

Orb Walking Video....

http://youtu.be/wZF_3-OkbVU

Update: I think the way it now works after the most recent patch is if your in a mission by yourself you can attatch the orbs to your sentinel but when your in a mission with others you cannot. The type of queue you are in has no effect just if another player is present or not. You can still attach several orbs to other players so this seems to be odd possibly a bug that resulted from the last ninja update. Without orb walking Vaubans utility drops off in anything but defense missions as most missions require constant forward movement  to keep up with your team and a stationary tesla is nigh useless unless defending a pod because your usually running past enemies at a lightning pace and setting up a perimeter of orbs is a waste of energy... with orb walking  he is easily in god tier although not as high as previously thought  I will likely rework my rankings with his lack of Orb walking factored in  for a future video ,I will likely choose a more consistent all around frame to prestiege after I do more testing.....I'll update in a future video....

Edited by Xavien