Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino 3.0

Magnus

Rhino. His meta? An ideal starter frame. Take too much damage? Iron Skin! Look how cool his CC is, stomping and making people float! But it's not just that, his meta also includes Nightmare Missions for easy times, because of Iron Skin just being a spare shield, and Vay Hek Speed Runs, so you can just wait for him to come out of invincibility phases.

He's no choice for endless, though, and his iron skin melts once he enters mid level enemies (see: level 50-100). He's not bad like Oberon, in other words, but he's also not great. His skills could synergize more, his Iron Skin could scale better, his Roar could do a bit more than just buff damage without needing an augment, and Rhino Charge could be... Well, not crap.

This, like the rest of my X.0 series, is a rework for a frame in need of a change for the better focused on synergy. Synergy between a frame's own skills, and synergy with your teammates. You can find all my other work here.

-----

1. Rhino Charge - A partial copy of Slash Dash. Can be used as a momentum skill, but can also target an enemy and slam into them specifically. The enemy will receive massive single target damage and will ragdoll it as much as possible by the Evolution Engine. Any enemy in a large cone behind the target will be knocked down from the massive backlash in force.

This will allow players to safely use this skill on a group of enemies, tareting the deadliest one to remove them from the picture, while removing the threat of being shot by smaller ones.

Damage scales with melee mods, and the current tier of Iron Skin. Being hit by a Warframe doesn't hurt as much as a Warframe covered in a 20cm thick sheet of metal. With spikes.

Augment: Ironclad Charge - 50% of the enemy's health is given to Rhino as Overhealth. Note: Not 50% of the damage you do, 50% of the target's health regardless of the damage is now your Overhealth. In other words, allows you to scale your HP with the enemy's HP.

Rhino Charge will scale will Strength and Range. Ironclad Charge will use Duration.

Reason to Change: It sucks. It's narrow, it's hard to hit enemies with, it's awkard, clunky, uninteresting... It just sucks. No one's gonna argue for it.

---

2. Iron Skin - Adds Overhealth to Rhino. Overhealth is a special bar between Shields and Health. It can also be recast to increase its tier, each subsequent recast costing double the energy for the same returns, though stacking. Each tier will be visually different, becoming more and more covered in deadlier and deadlier spikes.

As an example, 50 energy/500 Overhealth total will be tier 1, 100/1000 t2, 200/1500 t3, 400/2000 t4. These are not exact numbers, just a demonstration. If Iron Skin drops from 2000, its tier 4 state, down to 1500, it reverts to its tier 3 state, so when recast, goes back up to tier 4.

While in a higher tier of Iron Skin, the spikes across your body will add bonus melee damage as well, making melee attacks stronger.

Iron Skin does NOT cover shields, shields cover Iron Skin to ensure it holds up longer.

Iron Skin prevents knockdown (still).

Augment: Iron Shrapnel - Holding 2, instead of tapping 2 to cast, will charge Rhino momentarily before releasing all of his Iron Skin. Damage is based on the tier of Iron Skin it's released from, and due to its high cost, can do astronomical damage.

Iron Skin will be affected by Strength, Health, and Armor. Iron Shrapnel will be affected by Range.

Reason to Change: It doesn't scale as is. Now, the more effort you put into it, the stronger it is, and the stronger you are as well.

---

3. Roar - The same, but Piercing Roar built in.

---

4. Stomp - Recastable!

-----

When Rhino was given his first rework, he was hailed to be the first frame with four useful skills, even if his 1 was mostly just used for movement. As time went on, those skills fell off. Other frames kept coming out with much better, the downsides of Stomp and its cooldown becoming more glaring and obvious as Loki danced around with his Irradical Disarm, or the issues of Iron Skin when Chroma could get thousands upon thousands of armor. In other words, Rhino's greatest fault is that he's a relic from a bygone age.

In his Iron Skin, he can slam into deadly enemies and take them out. Whatever enemies not knocked down, or dead, will have trouble hurting him at all, if Rhino didn't start out by casting Stomp to pick out his target more carefully. And whatever he doesn't kill, he can explode instantly by releasing Iron Skin with his Iron Shrapnel. He can become more survivable in more pressured times with the use of Ironclad Charge as well.

Roar also helps to generally help his whole team, along with Stomp, for increased damage and CC across the board in combination with any frame, and his own skills as well to rack up damage and survivability.

His synergy with Banshee, by just being able to recast Stomp, also skyrockets, allowing players to easily pick out each and every weakpoint she makes to tear apart every single enemy... And with Iron Shrapnel and Sonar, they can kill enemies together far above the usual high level, becoming a deadly force together.

But most importantly, much like Excalibur, he'll grow significantly with mods like Excalibur, both technically starter frames. Just like Excalibur, Rhino won't be something you outgrow. He'll become a frame that grows with the player.

Edited by Extraxi

Rhino. His meta? An ideal starter frame. Take too much damage? Iron Skin! Look how cool his CC is, stomping and making people float! But it's not just that, his meta also includes Nightmare Missions for easy times, because of Iron Skin just being a spare shield, and Vay Hek Speed Runs, so you can just wait for him to come out of invincibility phases.

He's no choice for endless, though, and his iron skin melts once he enters mid level enemies (see: level 50-100). He's not bad like Oberon, in other words, but he's also not great. His skills could synergize more, his Iron Skin could scale better, his Roar could do a bit more than just buff damage without needing an augment, and Rhino Charge could be... Well, not crap.

This, like the rest of my X.0 series, is a rework for a frame in need of a change for the better focused on synergy. Synergy between a frame's own skills, and synergy with your teammates. You can find all my other work here.

-----

1. Rhino Charge - A partial copy of Slash Dash. Can be used as a momentum skill, but can also target an enemy and slam into them specifically. The enemy will receive massive single target damage and will ragdoll it as much as possible by the Evolution Engine. Any enemy in a large cone behind the target will be knocked down from the massive backlash in force.

This will allow players to safely use this skill on a group of enemies, tareting the deadliest one to remove them from the picture, while removing the threat of being shot by smaller ones.

Damage scales with melee mods, and the current tier of Iron Skin. Being hit by a Warframe doesn't hurt as much as a Warframe covered in a 20cm thick sheet of metal. With spikes.

Augment: Ironclad Charge - 50% of the enemy's health is given to Rhino as Overhealth. Note: Not 50% of the damage you do, 50% of the target's health regardless of the damage is now your Overhealth.

Rhino Charge will scale will Strength and Range. Ironclad Charge will use Duration.

Reason to Change: It sucks. It's narrow, it's hard to hit enemies with, it's awkard, clunky, uninteresting... It just sucks. No one's gonna argue for it.

---

2. Iron Skin - Adds Overhealth to Rhino. Overhealth is a special bar between Shields and Health. It can also be recast to increase its tier, each subsequent recast costing double the energy for the same returns, though stacking. Each tier will be visually different, becoming more and more covered in deadlier and deadlier spikes.

As an example, 50 energy/500 Overhealth total will be tier 1, 100/1000 t2, 200/1500 t3, 400/2000 t4. These are not exact numbers, just a demonstration. If Iron Skin drops from 2000, its tier 4 state, down to 1500, it reverts to its tier 3 state.

While in a higher tier of Iron Skin, the spikes across your body will add bonus melee damage as well, making melee attacks stronger.

Iron Skin does NOT cover shields, shields cover Iron Skin to ensure it holds up longer.

Iron Skin prevents knockdown (still).

Augment: Iron Shrapnel - Holding 2, instead of tapping 2 to cast, will charge Rhino momentarily before releasing all of his Iron Skin. Damage is based on the tier of Iron Skin it's released from, and due to its high cost, can do astronomical damage.

Iron Skin will be affected by Strength, Health, and Armor. Iron Shrapnel will be affected by Range.

Reason to Change: It doesn't scale as is. Now, the more effort you put into it, the stronger it is, and the stronger you are as well.

---

3. Roar - The same, but Piercing Roar built in.

---

4. Stomp - Recastable!

-----

When Rhino was given his first rework, he was hailed to be the first frame with four useful skills, even if his 1 was mostly just used for movement. As time went on, those skills fell off. Other frames kept coming out with much better, the downsides of Stomp and its cooldown becoming more glaring and obvious as Loki danced around with his Irradical Disarm, or the issues of Iron Skin when Chroma could get thousands upon thousands of armor. In other words, Rhino's greatest fault is that he's a relic from a bygone age.

In his Iron Skin, he can slam into deadly enemies and take them out. Whatever enemies not knocked down, or dead, will have trouble hurting him at all, if Rhino didn't start out by casting Stomp to pick out his target more carefully. And whatever he doesn't kill, he can explode instantly by releasing Iron Skin with his Iron Shrapnel. He can become more survivable in more pressured times with the use of Ironclad Charge as well.

Roar also helps to generally help his whole team, along with Stomp, for increased damage and CC across the board in combination with any frame, and his own skills as well to rack up damage and survivability.

His synergy with Banshee, by just being able to recast Stomp, also skyrockets, allowing players to easily pick out each and every weakpoint she makes to tear apart every single enemy... And with Iron Shrapnel and Sonar, they can kill enemies together far above the usual high level, becoming a deadly force together.

But most importantly, much like Excalibur, he'll grow significantly with mods like Excalibur, both technically starter frames. Just like Excalibur, Rhino won't be something you outgrow. He'll become a frame that grows with the player.

This rework should be done, Rhino is not really that good tbh. But this rework idea of yours may actually make him a great frame :D

Rhino is a great Boss Killer, is a nice solo frame and has a nice Ultimate skill, he is balanced to the point that you can either focus on something or make a well rounded frame and he is still usable in both situations. His Iron skin could at least be affected by armor. Stomp is "recastable", make a low duration build and you can stomp ad infinitum with a low energy cost and less than 2 secs cooldown, the point is: we have to choose and if we choose iron skin he is just nice for low level missions, I agree that his first ability is kinda useless and might need a rework, but he has an actual purpose other than being tagged as "jack of all the trades" and end up being useless like Oberon is.  He is only a bit unbalanced and could be adapted to endgame content as well early game like Excalibur was.

I Heavily agree with the below quote.

This rework should be done, Rhino is not really that good tbh. But this rework idea of yours may actually make him a great frame :D

Snip long spoilers so it doesn't fill up the entire page with a wall of text.

On topic, Rhino needs a full-scale rework. Suggestions are great, but let augments be augments, unless the point is to change existing mods to do something else that is better or improves QoL.

Rhino Charge should not be affected by melee mods, as Rhino doesn't melee through his path to charge through enemies. At least make it scale like Atlas' landslide and caps at a certain point, but still gives overhealth as suggested. Possibly with additional movement speed given at the end that degrades over time.

I'd say Iron Skin should work with numbers such as this (Max rank):

50 Energy, 1200 Overhealth.

75 Energy, 2500 Overhealth.

100 Energy, 3000 Overhealth.

There's no point in making a Warframe ability cost more than base 100 if it's not an Ultimate.

Of course, we don't want Rhino to be reliant on Iron Skin too much to basically make all players really braindead with their decisions.

Hopefully this changes will be introduced to the game as soon as DE took notice.

So........does all this mean rhino will eventually have over 100000 health? cause...i just dont know...With that kinda health going on hed need an armor buff for sure. I dont like the fact  that if I had the augment for 1 that Id never really need to cast 2 anymore. I mean if I kill an enemy with 100000 health im bringing back a sht ton a health. and the smart person would cut a high health enemys health down low and tap it with charge then. I really think Iron skin should stay the same only with some QoL(Armor affects the health and 4 second invuln like frost globe with a type of IS regen ie your charge idea only for his IS). It isnt broken so it doesnt need to change that much.  I do like your Charge idea though. Stomps recastable I think you'd have to explain why it'd be recastable. I mean are you just gonna stun lock everyone constantly with a trinity the whole game? And roar I agree with as well.

-snip-

Actually yea your right with that charge thing I think instead of melee based it should be more of a each enemy hit increases the damage multiplier

Edited by rawr1254

So........does all this mean rhino will eventually have over 100000 health? cause...i just dont know...With that kinda health going on hed need an armor buff for sure. I dont like the fact  that if I had the augment for 1 that Id never really need to cast 2 anymore. I mean if I kill an enemy with 100000 health im bringing back a sht ton a health. and the smart person would cut a high health enemys health down low and tap it with charge then. I really think Iron skin should stay the same only with some QoL(Armor affects the health and 4 second invuln like frost globe with a type of IS regen ie your charge idea only for his IS). It isnt broken so it doesnt need to change that much.  I do like your Charge idea though. Stomps recastable I think you'd have to explain why it'd be recastable. I mean are you just gonna stun lock everyone constantly with a trinity the whole game? And roar I agree with as well.

Actually yea your right with that charge thing I think instead of melee based it should be more of a each enemy hit increases the damage multiplier

Rhino couldn't get -that- much health. Eventually, even with Primed Flow, Rhino only has so much energy to pull from. Maybe it'll max out with five tiers as well. Either works really.

As for being able to spam Stomp with EV, you can spam many skills with EV. That's what EV does. Irradical Disarm can repeatedly stun enemies while also disarming and irradiating them. Vauban can throw out a gorillion Bastilles. That's moreso a benefit of Trinity buffing a frame, which in itself is not an issue. It's just synergy making players stronger.

Rhino couldn't get -that- much health. Eventually, even with Primed Flow, Rhino only has so much energy to pull from. Maybe it'll max out with five tiers as well. Either works really.

As for being able to spam Stomp with EV, you can spam many skills with EV. That's what EV does. Irradical Disarm can repeatedly stun enemies while also disarming and irradiating them. Vauban can throw out a gorillion Bastilles. That's moreso a benefit of Trinity buffing a frame, which in itself is not an issue. It's just synergy making players stronger.

Well with rhino charges augment bringing back 50% health as your own health and now scaling with melee do you know how many enemies your gonna be killing with it? And if the health keeps going up and up with no cap whatsoever you WILL have that much health eventually. And just btw both of the skills you mentioned about spamming CC deal 0 damage so...yea spamming a max str and range rhino charge with all enemies primed  by nova and you using roar your going to be spamming about 6-8k damage all around a 58m area.

• 3 months later...