Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Putting Frames Behind Archwing Content

TennoPain

I find myself playing more Archwing now since the latest tweaks than I did ever before. Enemies flow a lot better and the hud improvements help tremendously. Yes part farming is a giant pain in the @$$, but to me it's like farming prime parts.

One thing I'd love is hybrid missions. Sharkwing was kind of a first step for this, but I want space versions. Integrating Archwing more will make it feel like a part of Warframe instead of a separate game.

Why is it a problem that a frame drops in archwing..? would you rather all new frames just drop on missions we can just quickly run with no consequence? doesn't it kinda make sense that the new frame would come along with the new boss? and it's nice to have some frames drop diversely across the star charts, and given Jordas's dialogue throughout the quest it makes sense as to why Atlas drops there. 

Honestly I look forward to some expansion on sharkwing, and maybe a giant sharkwing boss that drops a new frame there, that'd be awesome. I don't want all the frames to drop from bosses that you can just speed run, it's nice to actually have to fight the boss

The paradox....

Jordas Golem fight is actually a very well done Archwing mission that feels right, plays right, is well balanced and requires some skill/thought. (It's not just sit & spank)

Archwing as a whole is, in my opinion, a pretty broken game mode as it is right now, even with the slightly boosted speed it has now. The UI is S#&$, you can't identify loot or where it really is on the map because of the full 3D movement versus a 2D minimap, targeting enemies is a chore, fighting is dull and repetitive and it's either do or die for most missions. You have sufficient tankiness to get through, or you just die or get really lucky somewhere. There is no real skill or timing involved in Archwing missions, it's mostly a stat check that gets progressively harder to pass.

I personally can't really get into Archwing. That doesn't mean it isn't a great way to gate content behind, but it does mean that Archwing really needs some big changes and improvements to make it a game mode I *want* to play like I do the rest of the game. And I know many players feel the same way. It's not even about having to 'start over', because that is exactly what the game needs to stay interesting; it is more about the totally different feel and incredible lack of polish and quality of gameplay that we currently call Archwing play.

Archwing really should take the Warframe into account as well, so that it doesn't feel like a completely detached game mode as it does now. Give every frame an Archwing-adapted skill they can use and remove one of the Archwing abilities for it. This will make playing Odonata or any other Archwing MUCH deeper, because it opens up a huge amount of customization. That would be a massive improvement and it mends together game modes.

Edited by V4YR4

more people like arcwhing then hate it, it just needs to be expanded on and less dull

Apparently not, or they wouldn't be trying to force it so hard by hiding frames behind it and forcing it into regular content with sharkwing.

Why is it a problem that a frame drops in archwing..?

Does your Warframe get XP in archwing missions? No.

That and plenty of people don't care for the AW gameplay, but want to play with the new Frame.  The frames have nothing to do with AW (no xp, can't use their powers, etc), and people that aren't into AW haven't bothered farming the mods or grinding xp for them, which makes the missions even more annoying.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

I have to agree with the original poster, I'd rather not have "ground" warframe stuff drop in archwing missions.  The two are conveniently seperate entities, and I'd rather they stay that way. 

For that matter, I don't even want Tellurium as a requirement for ground items, and yes, I know that you're also hiding it in Uranus.

Archwing is getting better, I'll give it that.  It's continued to get better all along.  The Formorian fight was well done, and the Golem fight is well done.  The gravity on loot thing is a good addition, as is the ability to actually have energy.  Frankly though, I'm not a whole lot closer to liking it than I was.  The controls, the enemy units, the environment, I overall don't like it.

I had to level the Imperator Vandal in order to use it in the Atlas quest, to give some idea how much interest I have in Archwing.  It hit 29 when I got Atlas and right now its.....29.  It'll be 29 until something else comes along to force me to do archwing, at which time it'll probably level over the course of that event.  Atlas was worth it, fortunately.

Other than that, my archwing usage is more or less limited to the phase of the Tyl Regor fight in which I use it to swim back out of the water and never go back in again.  In my personal opinion, I'd rather keep it that way.