The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"best Melee Weapon In The Game?"

BulletOfPain

I'm using dakra prime right now with this build: https://gyazo.com/ba15714a1aa18b0cb2276fa5f07b808f

What could I buy to make it stronger? It's pretty good right now though

For starters, never using rending strike, ever. Replace it with Jagged edge, or better yet Buzzkill.

Also any reason you're running cold/radiation over corrosive/heat? Not to say that part is wrong, because I don't know what your purpose is, but I wouldn't do that.

Giving my 2cents:

Dakra Prime > Prisma Skana; both are good with the crimson dervish stance that deals great dmg in AoE. Skana is clearly behind, even with the obvious syndicate mod.

Glaive Prime / Kestrel...: ranged melee weapons have great uses in optimised playstyles where you use your guns to kills mobs without making unnessary moves while having options reloading. Redeemer has also some intradasting mechanics, but is rly bad with melee hits in itself.

Nikana is clearly below some other counterparts stanced, but unstanced(with ranged weapon equiped) it hits pretty hard and decently far, plus the first hit goes out fast. Great newbie weapon or for VERY relaxed players.

2handed blades(Scindo/Galatine) as stated previously in the thread take more use of Cleaving whilrlwind stance, wich is the almost one and only reason to use them(weapons are slow and have a lot of S#&$ty inertia + the dmg dealt is completly overkill for 99.9% situations). Galatine(cleaving wirlwind) was at +- same level of dakra prime(dervish) before and sucks rly hard compared to  Scindo prime.

Primed reach mod makes some weapons more attractive than before, you can leave the mod r7-8 and still feel an immense quality of life improvement using those weapons.

Also a quick word about claws. This type of weapon is clearly headscratching for me. It's clearly behind sparring weapons(these are cute) and random swords will instantly do better due to way better stances... Scythes are fine tho, it's not broken as some other weapons but it decently gets it done.

Edited by Galuf

Giving my 2cents:

Dakra Prime > Prisma Skana; both are good with the crimson dervish stance that deals great dmg in AoE. Skana is clearly behind, even with the obvious syndicate mod.

Glaive Prime / Kestrel...: ranged melee weapons have great uses in optimised playstyles where you use your guns to kills mobs without making unnessary moves while having options reloading. Redeemer has also some intradasting mechanics, but is rly bad with melee hits in itself.

Nikana is clearly below some other counterparts stanced, but unstanced(with ranged weapon equiped) it hits pretty hard and decently far, plus the first hit goes out fast. Great newbie weapon or for VERY relaxed players.

2handed blades(Scindo/Galatine) as stated previously in the thread take more use of Cleaving whilrlwind stance, wich is the almost one and only reason to use them(weapons are slow and have a lot of S#&$ty inertia + the dmg dealt is completly overkill for 99.9% situations). Galatine(cleaving wirlwind) was at +- same level of dakra prime(dervish) before and sucks rly hard compared to Scindo prime.

Primed reach mod makes some weapons more attractive than before, you can leave the mod r7-8 and still feel an immense quality of life improvement using those weapons.

Also a quick word about claws. This type of weapon is clearly headscratching for me. It's clearly behind sparring weapons(these are cute) and random swords will instantly do better due to way better stances... Scythes are fine tho, it's not broken as some other weapons but it decently gets it done.

I'm gona be brutally honest with you, and I understand it's your opinion by my God man who taught you game mechanicsXD