Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Accomplished! Greedy Pull Is Now Not Worth Slotting.

Chroia

It's supposedly a utility mod.

It used to offer the ability to pick up everything in range for the entire team.

This was useful, for obvious reasons, but opened up skill interactions that fostered camping.

This utility was completely removed(, rather than excluding energy orbs), I assume on account of being the easiest solution to implement, but that's conjecture.

But it still let the player pick up anything in range, in 360 degrees around them.

This was useful because, in situations where you had enemies pouring in from several directions, You could pick up everything without having to go to every single killing ground.

No big deal in game modes like Defense, where you have discrete waves and downtime, but a potential issue in Survival, where your location changes the enemy spawns; and dealbreaker (as far as looting goes) when zooming through a Capture, Exterminate, etc.

This utility was removed, and pickup restricted to Cone of Vision.

It also still let the individual pick up anything in a radius around them.

This was still useful, because it let a player not have to worry about finding drops.

You kill an enemy in the next room, on a catwalk above you, in a court you're overlooking? No need to go there, just Pull.

This utility was removed.

You kill anything, you need to go to where it died.

So, what does Greedy Pull offer at this point in time?

Auto-collection of pickups, in a single direction, restricted by Line of Sight, out to 65 meters at max.

I can cover 65 meters in around twice the casting time, and then not have to worry about whether stuff is or isn't in my current Line of Sight.

So, what utility does this mod offer?

Basically, as far as looting goes, it's directional, same as simply going there, and in that it's a worse traversal ability than simply going, because of the LoS restriction.

I cannot conceive of a situation where that'd be worth the mod slot.

And [size=5]none of this would bother me[/size] if Loot Radar had distinct icons for rare resources.

Because, for the vast majority of your play time, you don't care about the common resource drops. The ratio between common and rare is such that you're generally swimming in them.

But you still need to pick up (or, now that they have a unique container, at least see) every single one, lest you miss the resource you're looking for.

(This assumes only 1 rare per drop table. inb4 Void, 60+ rare drops, 0 Argon; or Uranus, 30 rare drops, 0 Tellurium.)

Oh well.

You must have missed the "OMG Mag dominates the weekly kills" whining circle.

Indeed I did. I don't remember seeing anything about that. But while Greedy Pull pulled loot in 360 degree, Pull only ever pulled enemies in a frontal cone, so I'm not sure what nerfing Greedy Pull has to do directly with it. I think the patch notes said that Pull will no longer pull enemies behind door/walls. That alone should be enough to fix the issue with kills. No change to Greedy Pull was needed.

Unless the kills are coming from Shield Polarize? But what do you expect, it's one of the only damage abilities that scales. It should be leading.

Edited by weezedog

Indeed I did. I don't remember seeing anything about that. But while Greedy Pull pulled loot in 360 degree, Pull only ever pulled enemies in a frontal cone, so I'm not sure what nerfing Greedy Pull has to do directly with it. I think the patch notes said that Pull will no longer pull enemies behind door/walls. That alone should be enough to fix the issue with kills. No change to Greedy Pull was needed.

Unless the kills are coming from Shield Polarize? But what do you expect, it's one of the only damage abilities that scales. It should be leading.

It was Corpus Sabotage on Venus(!):

Search a save spot in target room

Shield polarize

Pull energy and loot

Reapeat.

So instead fixing the problem that players could hang out a day in this mission DE figured they had to nerf Mag another time, 'cause - you know unlike Loki, Trinity, Equinox, Ash and Excalibro she definitly is the top OP Frame at the moment

It was Corpus Sabotage on Venus(!):

Search a save spot in target room

Shield polarize

Pull energy and loot

Reapeat.

So instead fixing the problem that players could hang out a day in this mission DE figured they had to nerf Mag another time, 'cause - you know unlike Loki, Trinity, Equinox, Ash and Excalibro she definitly is the top OP Frame at the moment

Doesn't the AFK timer work to address this? If you don't move around enough, even if you are casting abilities, you no longer get energy.

Also what happened to the whole "if you don't complete objectives, enemies stop spawning" changes they made a long time ago?

Doesn't the AFK timer work to address this? If you don't move around enough, even if you are casting abilities, you no longer get energy.

Also what happened to the whole "if you don't complete objectives, enemies stop spawning" changes they made a long time ago?

The AFK timer in this game is nothing a 5 year old can't trick with a punched in macro.

Maybe starting the exit counter condition when entering the reactor tile instead of when the reactor is destroyed.