Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Dual Mini Galatines

Artekkor

I know it's a little bit out of nowhere, but this idea striked me like a lighting.

Why not scale down the size of galatine to one-handed sword and then give us two of those?

I think it would look cool as hell.

Symmetry FTW! (unlike those pesky Dakras)

Edited by Artek94

-snip-

Symmetry FTW! (unlike those pesky Dakras)

Actually it is the Dex Dakra which is the only dual sword that uses identical swords for both hands...

EDIT: Dual Kama and its prime version are symmetrical too but those aren't sworts, just share the meh stances.

I'd rather have a mobile and more spinny dual sword stance first.

Edited by TychusMechanicus

Actually it is the Dex Dakra which is the only dual sword that uses identical swords for both hands... 

But the swords themselves are not symmetrical

Meh.

There are dozens of twin swords and their stances are... well... I have never enjoyed them.

But attach those two tiny Galatines with a chain, call them Galatkondi, and you never know what might happen...

That's actually sounds even cooler for some reasons

no, just no. galatine works because it's a claymore. shrinking it down to hand and a half size is bad enough and would look horrible. the real life claymore had those upwards pointed quillions to catch other swords and while galatine's seem vestigial they work because of how big it is, make the model the size of a one handed sword and it just looks like a toy from the dollar store. at the most it could be reduced to hand and a half, basically slightly shorter blade and half sized grip, but only if you open the quillions back up or get rid of them.

then again, do space ninjas even need longswords? i mean sure, japan had tsurugi but still.

no, just no. galatine works because it's a claymore. shrinking it down to hand and a half size is bad enough and would look horrible. the real life claymore had those upwards pointed quillions to catch other swords and while galatine's seem vestigial they work because of how big it is, make the model the size of a one handed sword and it just looks like a toy from the dollar store. at the most it could be reduced to hand and a half, basically slightly shorter blade and half sized grip, but only if you open the quillions back up or get rid of them.

then again, do space ninjas even need longswords? i mean sure, japan had tsurugi but still.

Well, I see nothing harmful about a long sword, but this...

9pBKHeQ.png

What is that thing?!

Well, I see nothing harmful about a long sword, but this...

9pBKHeQ.png

What is that thing?!

A strip of Bacon. Or maybe jerky.

@OP. Why go mini when we can go full? Just give us two of the normal ones at once. #DualGalatine2015

It's obviously a rack of ribs.

and honestly after silva and aegis, we need a more conventional sword and shield combo or at least a skin. those two look so wacky.

By "Galatine" you mean 

Dual-edged, Straight-bladed, single-handed swords used as dual sword ?

By symetrical the blade profile from the base to the tip is symetrical by a central ridge/ line of symetry ?

the_elucidator_and_the_dark_repulser_by_

or a pair of identical swords ?

20140826010822.JPG

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG