Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oracle - Rework Needed (Suggestions)

Strac_CRO

ORACLE - rework needed ...

why is it needed?:

most of the rooms and corridors in dojo make sense = so they cost lot's od credits, resources, formas(=platinum)

corridors/elevators = connect rooms

dueling room = duels and practice (parkour room might be added in future updates etc.)

reactor = power plant (makes sense)

labs =research of new technologies and their's improvement

posible furniture, logos etc. = vanity stuff, not needed for dojo to be operational, still nice

but what about ORACLE, what is it?

The way I see it, for now it is a super-computer needed for labs to function (be operational).

But why aren't parts of the computer already part of the labs themself and why can't labs be builded without ORACLE room? ... The only reason for that is to sell more formas(=platinum) and nothing else.

Also, problem is that that completely unnecessary designed room also eats all other player's resources including time.

So my suggestion to improve it is this (DOJO is in alpha so lot's of things can be changed):

- 1. all labs can be build without the need of ORACLE, they function as they function now in this ALPHA stage of dojo

*** adding ORACLE (super-computer, multithreading etc.) to dojo enables ***

- 2. faster research time of weapons in labs (50% faster)

- 3. reduction of resources needed for research of weapons (20-40%) - resarch process is optimized, no wasted/destroyed material during the research

- 4. available multiple research of the weapons at the same time (no queueing, ORACLE is capable of powerful multithreading)

Small advice aside:

People are already paying for warframe/weapon slots, reactors, catalysts and formas. Formas give dojo production and polarity abilities.

After people craft "LAB" weapons in foundry, those who buy plat will probably buy catalyst (20 plat) and maybe forma (polarization at rank30) so there is no need to "push" forma into weapon's crafting material, forma can be replaced with neural sensor, control module, neurode, morphics or similar rare material

Edited by Strac_CRO

aditional suggestion:

as it is now "research of the weapons" queue is very annoying

you need ORACLE > LAB > fieldrons, masses research > weapon research

than once you get blueprint of the weapon again you need resources among which is fieldrons or masses etc.

mu suggestion is to completely remove "fieldrons, masses" from the resources and research and only use Detonite Ampule, Fieldron Sample and Mutagen Sample, first as resource needed for weapon research than as resource needed for crafting weapon in foundry.

Edited by Strac_CRO

ORACLE - rework needed ...

why is it needed?:

most of the rooms and corridors in dojo make sense = so they cost lot's od credits, resources, formas(=platinum)

corridors/elevators = connect rooms

dueling room = duels and practice (parkour room might be added in future updates etc.)

reactor = power plant (makes sense)

labs =research of new technologies and their's improvement

posible furniture, logos etc. = vanity stuff, not needed for dojo to be operational, still nice

but what about ORACLE, what is it?

The way I see it, for now it is a super-computer needed for labs to function (be operational).

But why aren't parts of the computer already part of the labs themself and why can't labs be builded without ORACLE room? ... The only reason for that is to sell more formas(=platinum) and nothing else.

Also, problem is that that completely unnecessary designed room also eats all other player's resources including time.

So my suggestion to improve it is this (DOJO is in alpha so lot's of things can be changed):

- 1. all labs can be build without the need of ORACLE, they function as they function now in this ALPHA stage of dojo

- 3. reduction of resources needed for research of weapons (20-40%) - resarch process is optimized, no wasted/destroyed material during the research

- 4. available multiple research of the weapons at the same time (no queueing, ORACLE is capable of powerful multithreading)

Small advice aside:

People are already paying for warframe/weapon slots, reactors, catalysts and formas. Formas give dojo production and polarity abilities.

After people craft "LAB" weapons in foundry, those who buy plat will probably buy catalyst (20 plat) and maybe forma (polarization at rank30) so there is no need to "push" forma into weapon's crafting material, forma can be replaced with neural sensor, control module, neurode, morphics or similar rare material

I agree with you 99.9%. Thanks for the note.

• 2 months later...

I agree with you 99.9%. Thanks for the note.

Dear DE_Steve ...

I'm very disappointed oracle and labs didn't get any complex machines + they still work "in the old way" with oracle still feeling meaningless

Edited by Strac_CRO

Why not make those into research options available in Oracle? I mean some kind of passive boosts that would require to be researched (by investing resources and time - just like weapons) before they take effect? Some additional idea is one time only increase in dojo basic energy (improved power core).

Oracle researches could also unlock access to new dojo buildings.

Edited by xGryphus

Me and my mates where thinking about the oracle last night. We thought it would look cool if we had a Lotus hologram hovering over the platform in the oracle rather then having those 3 circles. Just something we came up with by watching the arid fear trailer where you see the grineer hologram.

As a side note the oracle would still be an idle room but at least you can use the oracle as a decoration. 

Edited by Hunter_V7

Me and my mates where thinking about the oracle last night. We thought it would look cool if we had a Lotus hologram hovering over the platform in the oracle rather then having those 3 circles. Just something we came up with by watching the arid fear trailer where you see the grineer hologram.

As a side note the oracle would still be an idle room but at least you can use the oracle as a decoration. 

but if artist would do some rework, why not add some machines (like the ones from VOID levels)?

Edited by Strac_CRO

but if artist would do some rework, why not add some machines (like the ones from VOID levels)?

Well if they where to make a Lotus hologram it would hopefully be a full body lotus, aside from that if they where to make the hologram I would expect a room that it would look best in.

A friend also said to maybe add banners or non moving holograms of all the factions in the back. Like if you only have 1 lab only one banner or hologram will show up from the faction lab you have.

Again it really is just ideas me and my mates are putting out there. Generally a Oracle a priest or priestess acting as a medium through whom advice or prophecy was sought. Usually had something to do with gods but yeah Lotus would be a good Oracle

Edited by Hunter_V7

Well if they where to make a Lotus hologram it would hopefully be a full body lotus, aside from that if they where to make the hologram I would expect a room that it would look best in.

A friend also said to maybe add banners or non moving holograms of all the factions in the back. Like if you only have 1 lab only one banner or hologram will show up from the faction lab you have.

Again it really is just ideas me and my mates are putting out there. Generally a Oracle a priest or priestess acting as a medium through whom advice or prophecy was sought. Usually had something to do with gods but yeah Lotus would be a good Oracle

yes that's what Oracle means, but I don't see connection between priest (or priestess) and labs and weapon research.

Oracle name should be "mainframe" or "big iron" or "calculus" or something.

something like this but with more VOID-type design

15995654-computer-networks-cloud-computi

data_1.jpg

and maybe laser rays across the oracle room, like a "hologram PCI bus", connecting all those VOID type machines

stock-footage-background-for-business-ne

Edited by Strac_CRO

• 2 weeks later...

A Lotus hologram that you can interact with would greatly improve the look of Oracle and makes the room useful even after it's been built. Maybe you'd have conversations with Lotus about the Lore and currently available Alerts, even the ones you can't see on the map yourself if you haven't explored enough.

A Lotus hologram that you can interact with would greatly improve the look of Oracle and makes the room useful even after it's been built. Maybe you'd have conversations with Lotus about the Lore and currently available Alerts, even the ones you can't see on the map yourself if you haven't explored enough.

Would labs require oracle to be build?